Riggo-toni

The 2019 Free Agency Tracker -Added: Landon Collins, Rodgers-Cromartie, Donald Penn, Flowers. Lost:Preston Smith, Nsekhe, Crowder, HaHa

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Art said:

 

You're not wrong.   I do think some of that comes from "thinking" through your play and just knowing your assignment.   He came here in the middle of the year and had to learn.   I think he was just off and wasn't playing naturally.   There was a time he was thought to be a big-money free agent.   At the time we got him he or Swearinger was No. 1 and the other was No. 2 in PFF safety rankings.   I'm not saying this is a guy you give much to, but, seriously, a one-year prove it deal couldn't possibly be a bad idea.

 

I happen to like Nicholson in an exclusively deep coverage way that Collins being here might allow, so I wouldn't fear him there either.   But I won't cry to see Dix gone, and I won't cheer if he returns, but I won't be surprised if he does either.

No more money to sign another S.  They'll need to draft one.  Skins are broke.

giphy.gif

Edited by TheShredder
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Some might be amused by this top 100 player segment, some Redskins featured in the mix.  My wife-most of the my in laws are Giant fans.  I've watched almost every Giants game in the last 10 years or so.  I am more than pleased to have him here.  He's been a first team All Pro, something we haven't had here aside from a punter for about 20 years.   He's also a London Fletcher style leader which I think we can use more of.  It might be why they are chasing Mosley, too -- similar type of guy. 

 

As for the idea that maybe the Giants must know what they are doing by letting him go.   It's the same team where years back let L. Joseph go and many of us including me wanted the dude bad, and became a beast with the Vikings.   The let G. Griffin go who had a really good run here.    They dumped Jason Pierre Paul and he had 12.5 sacks last season.  They aren't exactly the Patriots who seem to have a knack as to when to let their guys go. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, panahoo said:

I would just like to put in record, its really good to have you back a bit Art.

 

Thanks.   I still read here some and every once in a while a day falls perfectly so I can post a **** ton.   Then I have to go away for a while again as life powns me raw.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RandyHolt said:

I am no arm chair GM but how much better than Swearinger can we expect Landon to be?  I was pretty happy with Swear in the box and he seemed to fill a leadership void the D has lacked since London retired. 

 

His leadership started to evaporate the more he ****ed to the media about coaches and his teammate's dedication.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

Chiefs made Collins a priority in free agency. Signs with Redskins instead. Chiefs go for option B and sign Mathieu. They apparently thought Collins was better.

 

Collins: $14M/yr for 6 years, $45M of it guaranteed

Mathieu: $14M/yr for 3 years, 100% of it guaranteed

 

Skins get Collins for the next 6 years. Collins was their first choice. They got him.

Chiefs get Mathieu for the next 3 years. Collins was their first choice, too. Got Mathieu instead.

 

Redskins getting roasted by some segments over Collins.

Chiefs getting crickets and tumbleweeds over Mathieu.

 

 

Both players are good and both contracts are fairly expensive. Until the dust settles on their careers we can't really assign winner/loser/tie. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Chiefs made Collins a priority in free agency. Signs with Redskins instead. Chiefs go for option B and sign Mathieu. They apparently thought Collins was better.

 

Collins: $14M/yr for 6 years, $45M of it guaranteed

Mathieu: $14M/yr for 3 years, 100% of it guaranteed

 

Skins get Collins for the next 6 years. Collins was their first choice. They got him.

Chiefs get Mathieu for the next 3 years. Collins was their first choice, too. Got Mathieu instead.

 

Redskins getting roasted by some segments over Collins.

Chiefs getting crickets and tumbleweeds over Mathieu.

 

 

 

 

Because we are the Redskins and owned by Dan Snyder and Allen is VP.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Unbias said:

 

Both players are good and both contracts are fairly expensive. Until the dust settles on their careers we can't really assign winner/loser/tie. 

 

My post was about the difference in reactions, not the players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Art said:

 

Thanks.   I still read here some and every once in a while a day falls perfectly so I can post a **** ton.   Then I have to go away for a while again as life powns me raw.

Yeah. Ive started to back away as well. Read when i can, but rarely post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Art said:

 

Any chance we can get Nick Saban to be our defensive coordinator?

Haha.  Definitely not but I wouldn't mind looking at some of their assistants.

 

For those hoping to sign Mosley I think they are going to target mack wilson in the draft for the other ILB spot.  Going into next year with R.foster, Hamilton, WIlson and clemmons, and either another draft pick or M.FOster is going to be pretty strong IMO.

 

The guy I think they are going to target is Houston from KC. 

Edited by CurseReversed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RWJ said:

Because we are the Redskins and owned by Dan Snyder and Allen is VP.

 

Yep, that's the lazy way some are approaching it. I wish I was paid to analyze things and the most analyzation I needed to provide was "Lulz Redskins".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Mosley, the Ravens forced a three-and-out. When Mosley was carted off with a knee injury, Baltimore allowed touchdowns on the first four drives without the three-time Pro Bowl player.

Mosley wouldn't have had coverage on A.J. Green on any of the Bengals wide receiver's touchdown catches. Cornerback Jimmy Smith's suspension for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy factored into Baltimore's pass defense.

Mosley's absence, however, created a domino effect of confusion that was felt throughout the defense.

"That’s our defensive leader," defensive tackle Michael Pierce said. "It’s big. It can’t be overstated."

Mosley has been repeatedly called the quarterback of the defense by coordinator Don "Wink" Martindale. Ray Lewis named Mosley the best current middle linebacker in the game.

http://www.espn.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/95293/has-c-j-mosley-become-ravens-most-indispensable-defender

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

 

His leadership started to evaporate the more he ****ed to the media about coaches and his teammate's dedication.

 

He was acting like a passionate fan as opposed to a professional. Totally his bad, but a lot of the fan base loved what he said because it's exactly what they've been thinking. 

 

Cutting him was weird. He gave his all on the field and was trying to hold teammates/coaches accountable (albeit in the worst way possible, going to the media). On the flip side Mason Foster can say whatever he wants about the fans and the team looks the other way.

2 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

 

My post was about the difference in reactions, not the players. 

 

I agree with you that the reactions are not aligned. The truth is these type of boards are not created for people who are willing to 'wait and see how it plays out'. Most people here are just looking for a reason to pounce and this board gives them a voice. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

With Mosley, the Ravens forced a three-and-out. When Mosley was carted off with a knee injury, Baltimore allowed touchdowns on the first four drives without the three-time Pro Bowl player.

Mosley wouldn't have had coverage on A.J. Green on any of the Bengals wide receiver's touchdown catches. Cornerback Jimmy Smith's suspension for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy factored into Baltimore's pass defense.

Mosley's absence, however, created a domino effect of confusion that was felt throughout the defense.

"That’s our defensive leader," defensive tackle Michael Pierce said. "It’s big. It can’t be overstated."

Mosley has been repeatedly called the quarterback of the defense by coordinator Don "Wink" Martindale. Ray Lewis named Mosley the best current middle linebacker in the game.

http://www.espn.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/95293/has-c-j-mosley-become-ravens-most-indispensable-defender

I want this guy. Awesome player and leader. Perfect example for R Foster to learn from.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Unbias said:

 

He was acting like a passionate fan as opposed to a professional. Totally his bad, but a lot of the fan base loved what he said because it's exactly what they've been thinking. 

 

Cutting him was weird. He gave his all on the field and was trying to hold teammates/coaches accountable (albeit in the worst way possible, going to the media). On the flip side Mason Foster can say whatever he wants about the fans and the team looks the other way.

 

Maybe, but he wasn't signed to be the spokesperson for the fanbase lol...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RWJ said:

Because we are the Redskins and owned by Dan Snyder and Allen is VP.

 

Just now, Califan007 said:

 

My post was about the difference in reactions, not the players. 

 

Because people, and from what I've seen in this thread, many live here, are stupid.   The fact is the Chiefs had the hots for Collins at the trade deadline last year and have had him circled.   And he's here.   And it's clearly NOT just dollars as everyone knows those last contract years are just numbers on a spreadsheet.   

 

2 minutes ago, Unbias said:

 

Both players are good and both contracts are fairly expensive. Until the dust settles on their careers we can't really assign winner/loser/tie. 

 

I've never agreed with this as a premise, though I do not suggest you are foolish to say it.   You don't judge the merits of a thing years after it's over.   If Mathieu sucks and Collins is Taylor reborn it doesn't mean the Redskins were any smarter then than they are today.   It doesn't make the Redskins stupid if Collins can't play a lick here (cause Manusky) and Mathieu relives his 2015 six more times.   A move, any move, is good or bad at the moment you make it.   Not later.

A move is weighed on the knowledge of what you have and while it's fair to suggest there's some gamble on future performance, the fact remains you intelligently make a move based on what you know, not what happens years from now.   Case Keenum, like Collins, was a smart move because it makes sense.   It's not the greatest move ever if Keenum is the Vikings QB again and wins three QBs.   That's just luck.   Tom Brady wasn't smarts.   It was luck.   Case Keenum doesn't become a bad move for us because he's a journeyman who can't carry a team 16 games because that's not what we got him for.   That was Denver :).  

Most people think hindsight is how you know the winner of a move.   I've always disagreed.   You already know if it was good or bad.   It can become more or less fortunate as time goes on, but it will never be more wise or less so.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Now we just have to figure out which punter is going to get blown up by Collins in next years Pro Bowl. The whole Sean Taylor idol thing and all.

Edited by clskinsfan
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn't Landon Collins idolize Sean Taylor and his inspiration for wearing 21 ? I Get the feeling he has wanted to play for us since coming into the league. We know he is talented and we know he will take pride trying to emulate what ST did here. Whats not to love about this signing other than the huge dollar amount....

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Unbias said:

 

He was acting like a passionate fan as opposed to a professional. Totally his bad, but a lot of the fan base loved what he said because it's exactly what they've been thinking....

 

Good stuff. Of course Manusky remains, in case the things that DJ was overly vocal about, were valid flaws in his coaching/play calling.

 

Landon + Manusky  > DJ + New DC  + More Cap room

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Art said:

A move, any move, is good or bad at the moment you make it.   Not later.


A move is weighed on the knowledge of what you have and while it's fair to suggest there's some gamble on future performance, the fact remains you intelligently make a move based on what you know, not what happens years from now.  

 

 

Exactomundo! lol...

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Art said:

 

 

Because people, and from what I've seen in this thread, many live here, are stupid.   The fact is the Chiefs had the hots for Collins at the trade deadline last year and have had him circled.   And he's here.   And it's clearly NOT just dollars as everyone knows those last contract years are just numbers on a spreadsheet.   

 

 

 

Art were you calling me stupid in my opinions as a Skin fan or am I misunderstanding something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

Doesn't Landon Collins idolize Sean Taylor and his inspiration for wearing 21 ? I Get the feeling he has wanted to play for us since coming into the league. We know he is talented and we know he will take pride trying to emulate what ST did here. Whats not to love about this signing other than the huge dollar amount....

He said at the draft he wanted to play for us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, panahoo said:

Not a discount but it could go on the pros list. The Jets and Eagles etc would be on the cons list for location.

 

I'm still confused by your response. A 53 minute drive (Washington to Baltimore) is somehow a 'pro', while a 1 hour, 43 minute drive (Philadelphia to Baltimore) is a 'con'?

 

If we are just assigning random pros and cons is the 3 hour, 2 minute drive worth being in one of the biggest markets in the world (NY)?

 

Anyway, NFL free agency is all about money. Some players would prefer to stay in a specific location, but money talks. If the Skins want him all they have to do is offer the most money. Let's not pretend we'll be winning free agents with anything other than cash (same goes for all teams). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So what is our cap room going to look like right now? I like the Collins move but the money seems to have screwed us. If im reading right we can free up over 20 mil by cutting norman, reed, mason foster and brown which I would love. I like reed but dude cant stay healthy and liked brown and mason until their comments last year. With r. Foster coming in and signing mosley if possible i see that as a better situation than brown and mason. Norman is trash lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Unbias said:

 

I'm still confused by your response. A 53 minute drive (Washington to Baltimore) is somehow a 'pro', while a 1 hour, 43 minute drive (Philadelphia to Baltimore) is a 'con'?

 

If we are just assigning random pros and cons is the 3 hour, 2 minute drive worth being in one of the biggest markets in the world (NY)?

 

Anyway, NFL free agency is all about money. Some players would prefer to stay in a specific location, but money talks. If the Skins want him all they have to do is offer the most money. Let's not pretend we'll be winning free agents with anything other than cash (same goes for all teams). 

It would depend on where exactly he lives. South of Baltimore and closer to DC or North and closer to Philly. I would rather drive 53 minutes than 103.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.