Riggo-toni

The 2019 Free Agency Tracker -Added: Landon Collins, Rodgers-Cromartie, Donald Penn, Flowers. Lost:Preston Smith, Nsekhe, Crowder, HaHa

Recommended Posts

AB is a flippin nutjob.

Anyone who gives anything up significant for him is insane.

Whoever ends up with him will have the same situation as pittsburgh on their hands in a year. No thanks.

 

As for all this Rosen talk.. I'm awfully hesitant when it comes to socal qb's.. at least he's not from USC but UCLA...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like people in this thread are just bidding against themselves driving up the theoretical price of Rosen. The market for him won't be that robust. He was only "worth" the 10th pick last year and now he's worth less since: (1) he sucked; and (2) the Cards may want to dump him. Not to mention you've lost one year of his rookie contract. While I'm sure there will be some interest league wide, there's not that many teams searching for a QB and willing to pay a high price. Sure, it only takes one to drive it up, but sometimes you just got to let it go if the price gets crazy (and there' no indication it will)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rosen is a legit first round talent at Qb in any draft.Guys like Haskins and Jones who we are likely to be drafted in round one this year are second or third round talents.Haskins is a Leftwich clone at best.If Haskins was in last year draft he would have the 6th Qb at best.Great Qbs have had awful first years in the league like Peyton and Troy Aikmen.Brett Farve was traded after his first yeae so evaluating Qb on their rookie year has proven to be inaccuarate. Rosen is better than the Qbs we have shot at at 15.If we want Kyler to start negotiating it starts at three 1st round picks.To get Lock we will have to trade up from 15 into the top ten costing us additional draft capitial. Our best bet to get a young Qb this year with first round talent is getting Rosen.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dwayne Allen being released by the pats.  I'd like to take a look at him as a lower cost alternative after we hopefully part ways with Reed.  I know this article is a little old, but it references how Allen still did well as a blocker in 2017, and he still can be somewhat of a receiving threat.  He will be 30 on opening day 2019.  Could be useful as we look to transition at tight end to a draft pick in the next year for two. Also, bc he was cut, he would not count towards comp pick calculation.  

 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.patspulpit.com/platform/amp/2018/8/23/17772338/new-england-patriots-2018-roster-breakdown-83-tight-end-dwayne-allen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jericho said:

I feel like people in this thread are just bidding against themselves driving up the theoretical price of Rosen. The market for him won't be that robust. He was only "worth" the 10th pick last year and now he's worth less since: (1) he sucked; and (2) the Cards may want to dump him. Not to mention you've lost one year of his rookie contract. While I'm sure there will be some interest league wide, there's not that many teams searching for a QB and willing to pay a high price. Sure, it only takes one to drive it up, but sometimes you just got to let it go if the price gets crazy (and there' no indication it will)

Another factor in support of your argument would be teams may choose to wait for 2020 QB crop rather than give a premium draft pick for a guy who was less than impressive.

 

I was intrigued by the idea of acquiring Rosen, but after reading a few reviews if his rookie season from Cardinals fans/media, coupled with consussions/attitude, I find myself in the camp that I mentioned above: I'd rather address QB in 2020 (unless Lock falls to 15).  

 

That being said, I would bet Rosen still went for a 1st.  A good QB will make or break your franchise, so someone will pay that price.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Count me as among the intrigued by Rosen. I also think the "attitude" issue is fairly non-consequential. QBs who know they're the dude are pretty common, after all, and I want an alpha under center. Some of the draftniks last year described him as the most pro-ready in the 2018 class, so I'm prepared to get behind a reasonable trade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
GOOD!

 

. I wouldn’t rule out Adrian Peterson re-signing with the Redskins as soon as this week. A couple of teams have shown preliminary interest in the veteran who turns 34 later this month, which is what could push things along and get Jay Gruden and company some insurance for the returning Derrius Guice early in the offseason.

Edited by HigSkin
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forgive me if this is the wrong thread to ask this question: Does anyone think Jerry Jones would take Josh Norman and Jordan Reed straight up for Demarcus Lawrence? The Cowboys aren't close on contract terms with the pending free agent and they'll have to franchise him again. Lawrence will hold out if tagged again. I'd do this deal in a heartbeat assuming the Cowboys have any interest in Norman and Reed or some other package. I'd also dangle our #15 pick to them for Lawrence as they don't have a 1st this year. He'd be a great get to go with the rest of our d-line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Forgive me if this is the wrong thread to ask this question: Does anyone think Jerry Jones would take Josh Norman and Jordan Reed straight up for Demarcus Lawrence? The Cowboys aren't close on contract terms with the pending free agent and they'll have to franchise him again. Lawrence will hold out if tagged again. I'd do this deal in a heartbeat assuming the Cowboys have any interest in Norman and Reed or some other package. I'd also dangle our #15 pick to them for Lawrence as they don't have a 1st this year. He'd be a great get to go with the rest of our d-line.

 

With Witten coming back, no... He's actually durable. Reed, not so much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

 

With Witten coming back, no... He's actually durable. Reed, not so much.

 

I wonder what league wide statistics are of guys playing full 16 games. I put it at 30% when eliminating QB, Kicker and punter. 

 

I think theres levels to it and Reed gets a poor rating in durability area, but I think perspective is lacking greatly with rate of injuries for majority of players. 

 

***With that said, I’d be happy if Reed average 13 games over next 4 seasons and feel value would be had by team if that were case. 

Edited by wit33

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001020572/article/antonio-brown-i-dont-even-have-to-play-football

 

Jesus ****ing Christ. No thanks. Not at any price. You have to watch the video. 

 

 

Bruce is gonna love this, the trade price is coming down all the time. Said yesterday, can't wait to see if Collins gets tagged by the Giants, if not Bruce will have a shopping list of Rosen, AB and Landon Collins.

 

Win now mode and self preservation with a dash of desperation for good measure.

Edited by UK SKINS FAN '74

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

RE: Cyprien...coming off torn ACL...

 

Was excited when he came out on draft day... would love to see how that injury is holding up

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Clowney with the franchise tag.....

 

https://nfltraderumors.co/texans-franchise-olb-jadeveon-clowney/

Edited by SemperFi Skins
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The market is set for OLB... no ones going to get more than the franchise tag number between 15-17mil/per year that Clowney will get. 

 

Assume Dee Ford will get the same number if also tagged. 

Edited by SemperFi Skins

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

RE: Cyprien...coming off torn ACL...

 

Was excited when he came out on draft day... would love to see how that injury is holding up

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Clowney with the franchise tag.....

 

FYI - of course we don't know that yet based on new D coaches philosophy.

 

 

Edited by HigSkin

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HigSkin said:

 

FYI - of course we don't know that yet based on new D coaches philosophy.

 

 

Still got to think Skins try hard to get Collins if he remains a FA and doesn't get tagged by tomorrow at 4pm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Washington Redskins

They'll be kind of active because they have gaps to fill, but it won't be about high-priced players and will mostly be about seeking a few good bargains. That has been their M.O. under president Bruce Allen. Washington does have around $17 million under the cap right now and will release some players to free up more space. They will sign a veteran quarterback, although it might be a low-cost one such as Josh Johnson. They could sign an inexpensive veteran left guard and get more help at inside linebacker. They could use help at safety. And the team won't find all its answers in the draft. But the Redskins now are keen on adding compensatory picks, so they will have to sign some bargain players but likely allow their high-priced guys to leave (such as LB Preston Smith). -- John Keim

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26076476/rating-how-active-every-nfl-team-2019-free-agency

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Still got to think Skins try hard to get Collins if he remains a FA and doesn't get tagged by tomorrow at 4pm.

 

without doubt he'd be #1 priority. I really believe he'd sign here too.

 

Gettleman is maybe nervous to use the tag. Didnt end well when he tried that with Josh Norman back in Carolina. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.