Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

On 4/28/2019 at 2:30 PM, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

I don't expect us to hit the FA market anytime soon, but having missed out on TE in the draft Jermaine Gresham would be a FA option I'd consider bringing in.

I could see them looking into Boston and Gresham.

Other than them they may hold off until cuts start coming. 

2 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Yea, you could make a case for McLaurin playin the slot, too.

Gonna be some hard decisions at WR. Someone notable will be gone, or maybe 2 :

Doctson

Richardson

Quinn

R. Davis

Sims

McLaurin

Harmon

Chesson (does he make it just for ST, or can any of the above fill that role ?)

and some others that do have a chance.

Maybe Sims and Davis hit the PS.

Are any of these guys notable, though?

As far as FS goes, I am weary of guys who are on their third team in three years. Boston would be our best FS if signed, so on a one year deal I wouldn't be opposed. He can't tackle worth a crap in the open field, but he wouldn't be back there for that.

I love Eric Berry, but he has slowed down. He definitely has more SS ability now versus FS ability. He'd shore up the run defense significantly. But I'd be afraid of teams getting over the top. 

Mike Mitchell is older, but intriguing in a "fill the gap" kind of way.

Jahleel Addae is also intriguing. But I'm not sure on him. Dude is about as consistent as Clinton Portis' characters.

18 hours ago, MartinC said:

Berry is more of a strong safety than FS. He also has had his last two years cut short by first an achilles and then a heel injury. Buyer beware.

I would be more interested in Tre Boston who is a true FS. But I would also be interested in why he is now looking for his fourth team after playing pretty well while at the last three, two of which were one year stops - is there something off field or about him that wears out his welcome?

Definitely something going on. He ended up on the IR with the Panthers then got waived. Put together two good 1 year stints the last couple of years. I imagine he isn't being offered the 💰💰 he wants. He turned down his first offer from the Cards last year before getting 1.5, 1 year deal. 

11 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Are any of these guys notable, though?

🤣

Heck, at this point our 3rd and 6th round picks may be the most notable. 

It looks like Darron Lee could be cut or available via trade. Drafted in the first round of 2016. He was 6'1" and 232 pounds and ran a 4.47 with a vertical and a 133" long jump. Is a solid coverage linebacker. Would look good in our nickel package. I'd make a phone call and see if we could get him for a mid round pick. Darron Lee for a 5th would be a steal. 

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/79796/darron-lee-a-goner-jets-should-think-twice-before-trading-2016-first-rounder

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2011/profiles/darron-lee?id=2555322

Also, just out of curiosity, I'm guessing that Tyreek Hill may be cut. If so, any takers here? He's clearly an awful person and is also a game changer. We did just claim Reuben Foster, and Adrian Peterson was out of the league for a year, for child abuse. Both cases were clearly less serious than that of Tyreek Hill, however. 

6 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

It looks like Darron Lee could be cut or available via trade. Drafted in the first round of 2016. He was 6'1" and 232 pounds and ran a 4.47 with a vertical and a 133" long jump. Is a solid coverage linebacker. Would look good in our nickel package. I'd make a phone call and see if we could get him for a mid round pick. Darron Lee for a 5th would be a steal. 

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/79796/darron-lee-a-goner-jets-should-think-twice-before-trading-2016-first-rounder

Also, just out of curiosity, I'm guessing that Tyreek Hill may be cut. If so, any takers here? He's clearly an awful person and is also a game changer. We did just claim Reuben Foster, and Adrian Peterson was out of the league for a year, for child abuse. Both cases were clearly less serious than that of Tyreek Hill, however. 

No to both. Darron Lee is a trash football player in the NFL and Tyreek is a piece of garbage human being. They shouldnt even be on our radar 

15 hours ago, terpfan said:

I’d take Tre Boston in a second. Not sure how he’s still available. It’d be nothing short of negligent to go into the season with Nicholson and Apke as our only two options at FS. 

Right now, I would also. I'd even overpay a little bit to get him on a 2 year deal with an out after 1 if he's a problem.

But if you do that. That's big. ****, I'd do the same with a Morris Claiborne. The DL and LBs look so much better now. But the secondary is iffy. Those two guys could be difference makers that benefit from a good front 7.

1 hour ago, Anselmheifer said:

I hope Tyreek Hill is locked up, personally. Not his first time. Garbage..... Needs to be in general population too...

3 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

I would absolutely quit following this team if they signed Hill.  I don't see it as likely as I imagine he has some jail time in his future and even if he doesn't the details as they are I think the owners will agree amongst themselves to end his career.  I struggle with the AP thing to be honest, I am looking forward to him retiring, being cut or getting traded. 

Just now, Anselmheifer said:

Why would they let him go?

1. Contract year

2. Salary cap issues

3. Drafted Irv Smith Jr.

4. Drafted Tyler Conklin last year

No idea if it'll happen, but that's the word that they fielded calls before and during the draft and still may be a possibility.

Kyle Rudolph would be an absolutely tremendous pick up for us. Compensation matters, of course, if we had to trade. But if he hits FA he's a guy that adding to our roster would be a tremendous help. Keep he and Reed for one year and if he works, Reed's replacement is on the roster. And he's better in-line, too. And healthier. And can catch.

I'm not usually on the sign the guy that costs a lot bandwagon. But I sure as **** would be for Rudolph.

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Kyle Rudolph would be an absolutely tremendous pick up for us. Compensation matters, of course, if we had to trade. But if he hits FA he's a guy that adding to our roster would be a tremendous help. Keep he and Reed for one year and if he works, Reed's replacement is on the roster. And he's better in-line, too. And healthier. And can catch.

I'm not usually on the sign the guy that costs a lot bandwagon. But I sure as **** would be for Rudolph.

He never quite broke out like I thought he would. If they're going to cut him, call Minny up and offer a 7th. He's definitely a top 15 TE, which would be nice to have especially with Vernon getting up there and Reed always injured. 

1 hour ago, Anselmheifer said:

Odds that Kelvin Harmon can't adequately replace Doctson in 2020, at a fraction of the cost? I'm thinking...low. 

yeah, I remember a bunch of ESers saying the same thing about Devin Thomas, Malcomb Kelly and Fred Sleepy Davis and how we could now part with Santana Moss, Randle El, and Cooley lol...Seriously, people trusted Vinny's drafting prowess enough to make that statement. Yikes.

2 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

yeah, I remember a bunch of ESers saying the same thing about Devin Thomas, Malcomb Kelly and Fred Sleepy Davis and how we could now part with Santana Moss, Randle El, and Cooley lol...Seriously, people trusted Vinny's drafting prowess enough to make that statement. Yikes.

Uhhhhhh...Doctson has done almost nothing. He's not Moss, Randle El, or Cooley, by any stretch of the imagination. Doctson IS Devin Thomas and Malcomb Kelly. Chronically injured, underperforming relative to his athletic ability, and possessed of a questionable love for the game. 

5 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Uhhhhhh...Doctson has done almost nothing. He's not Moss, Randle El, or Cooley, by any stretch of the imagination. Doctson IS Devin Thomas and Malcomb Kelly. Chronically injured, underperforming relative to his athletic ability, and possessed of a questionable love for the game. 

I'm just saying that I'm in no way thinking anyone on the roster is now expendable due to someone we drafted. Robert Kelley was now expendable because we drafted Perine lol...Jason Campbell was now expendable because we drafted Colt Brennan...Shawn Lauvao was now expendable because we drafted Arie Kouandjio. Etc, yadda..

1 minute ago, Califan007 said:

I'm just saying that I'm in no way thinking anyone on the roster is now expendable due to someone we drafted. Robert Kelley was now expendable because we drafted Perine lol...Jason Campbell was now expendable because we drafted Colt Brennan...Shawn Lauvao was now expendable because we drafted Arie Kouandjio. Etc, yadda..

I agree with not counting chickens before they hatch. I guess I was mostly saying that it wouldn't take much to replace Doctson, especially considering how much cheaper a draft pick is. Also, I like it that Harmon seems to play with a fire that Doctson lacks. 

2 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

I agree with not counting chickens before they hatch. I guess I was mostly saying that it wouldn't take much to replace Doctson, especially considering how much cheaper a draft pick is. Also, I like it that Harmon seems to play with a fire that Doctson lacks. 

I LOVED the Harmon pick, just for the record...Can't wait to see what he's got, and was already hoping he shows more consistency and health than some of our backup WRs. Also remembered that Garcon was selected with comp 6th round pick, so...lol

and ironically, Doctson's production isn't all that different from Randle-El's production while here, at least stats-wise.

Archived