Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ye Auld 2019 Free Agency Tracker

Riggo-toni

6 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

I'm the opposite...I feel like it's gonna be a perfect storm of "obvious dumpster fire" moments that, when taken as a whole, somehow propel the team to 10 wins and division champions lol...

Reverse psychology... This is how I went into last year.. and when we won the way we did in Arizona I was pretty excited..

24 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

I usually have no issue taking chances on former top 10 picks...but this man has zero redeeming qualities 

god bless Case when Trent/Morgan miss their designated 4-5 plays a game due to injury 

I think you are overreacting.  When does our O line depth ever even come into play?   :ols:

Looks like to add to the Alabama angle -- we got an ex-NY Giant one cooking. Every acquisition thus far having a NY Giant angle -- maybe we shouldn't sleep on Ei being a possibility next? 

26 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

....this man is going to actually be on the field a decent amount lol

Please don’t tell me this is the LG solution. 

No way 

no ****ing way lol 

4 mil is definitely more than we should've paid him.  Hopefully incentive laced.  But I don't think they want to be done at LG, I would assume they will pull the trigger at guard if a decent one is there in the 2nd or 3rd, but this is probably their safety net if they don't walk away from the draft with a guy who is plug and play.  And with the injury bug and just overall lack of talent we've had at LG the past few years, I'd rather take a look at a young, durable guy with first round traits.  I know he has been awful, but maybe Callahan turns him into a serviceable guard.  We all know lauvao/Cooper/Bergstrom/Arie/Howard/Bowanko ain't working out too well.  And the remaining free agents are too injury prone and/or too old to rely on.  

But man oh man I hope we come out of day 2 in the draft with a well respected prospect at LG.  

I'm okay with the Flowers signing. I was banging the table for a new, cheap, and hopefully healthy guard. If there's one thing Flowers has covered, it's that he's been healthy.

Go get us another guard, and I'll be downright not-dissatisfied with our line.

7 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

I see people reacting to $4M for Flowers. It reminds me of when people got all pissed about Scandrick and his initial contract - 2yrs $7M. Then it turned out all of $1M was gauranteed. Need to see th full contract deals. These reports are always full potential deals not the important details of guaranteed money. 

...What we do know is Bruce Allen is a ****ing moron. He is not trusted by agents, players, or owners - well except one unfortunately. He has destroyed every NFL team has has been to. Totally inept. 

Agree with this.  But I see some humor in this as well because if Trent misses his usual time, I think the odds are we will might see some Flowers at LT.  So its not so much a slam at Flowers but the realization that he might get some action at that spot and its not been pretty for him.  But agree beggars can't be choosers.  If they draft a LG and Flowers is just depth.  Then this signing is more than fine IMO.

12 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

Is Flowers going to count against one of the Compensatory Pick's we might be getting?  Trying to find out if he was straight up cut by the Jags, or if he was a UFA.

HE was traded from NY to JAX, then not signed by JAX.

Just like what we did with Clinton-Dix.

I can see guard maybe being a better spot for him and or maybe there is something to PFF's grade of him in Jax.  Though I can appreciate the humor on it, too. 😀  But I'll give it a ride and see how it goes.  And again hopefully they draft a LG.  And if they do its a harmless acquisition aside from losing the 6th round pick.

D1-d0BqXcAIwBbZ.jpg

3 hours ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

I can’t see the team with the worst QB situation in the division (and probably worst offense overall) competing for anything. 

But it’s still early. Maybe they luck out and have a once in a lifetime draft 

I don’t know if the Giants really are in a much better situation than the Redskins  as far as QB goes.  That being said,unless there are some good moves from here on out it will be hard to compete with Dallas or Philadelphia .

I went back and checked his draft profile. NFL.com called for him to be moved to guard and the same guy also called for it for Scherff and La'el Collins who started out at LG.  So hopefully it will be good for him.  I would like for the Skins to bring in more potential help at LG, but for the space we had and what was available this isn't a bad thing

image.png.ccead7ccf9adf7c9d9739dbb11f0627b.png

Not sure how much meaning this has. He was projected to move to G out of college but NY insisted on him being played at T. Not saying he will be good at G, but just because he has not played a snap there yet really doesn't mean he can't. They desperately needed him to be T - but he was not.

I think if we sign Jonathan Cooper

12 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

So what I'm reading is that he hasn't allowed any sacks or pressures at guard.

I like it.

lol....I like your attitude.  I think this is a sold signing and i'm positive Bruce and Schaeffer have worked out a team friendly contract as well.  This kid might even turn out to be a pro bowler or at least be a serviceable backup.

We'll be shopping from the $1 bin for the rest of the offseason, its a 1 yr deal so it's not the end of the world, there are no true impact players left in free agency so we probably wouldn't have used the cap space anyway.

With all these holes on offense, we have set ourselves up perfectly to make a run at one of next years elite QB's.

53 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

He has to make the team so I'm not too worked up about this Flowers signing....Maybe guard will work for him and if it doesn't we send him home? Let's see what our coaches can do with him.

It will be interesting to see if there is any guaranted money.  If there anything more than 50k guaranted, then this seems like an overpayment.  Most people thought he would get a vet minimum offer with no guarantee, for a chance to land on a roster.  4 mill seems very steep, you almost have to cut him if he doesn't win the starting spot (or if the competition is even close).

The thing about offensive linemen is that their play is really dependent on teamwork. So, the question then becomes is Flowers as terrible as he seems or was supporting cast just that bad. The other thing, as if others have wondered about, is whether a move to guard resuscitates his career. We have seen bums suddenly become good players by moving them inside.

It's probably too much to hope for, but hope is all we got.

Archived