Riggo-toni

The 2019 Free Agency Tracker -Added: Landon Collins, Rodgers-Cromartie, Donald Penn, Flowers. Lost:Preston Smith, Nsekhe, Crowder, HaHa

i'm still not seeing any of the main stream media or local guys reporting the Ha Ha signing...

Just now, HigSkin said:

i'm still not seeing any of the main stream media or local guys reporting the Ha Ha signing...

yeah me neither, that's why I added....didn't know how reliable this was.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Seeing some rumblings on Twitter about Redskins involved with other teams over Golden Tate.  Not sure if it's true but I think the market for him might be in the $10 mil/yr range.  Seems too high to me.

Please no to Tate, bc you are right about his price range, and that is way too much for a declining wr.  It's one thing to use cap space inefficiently, but when you consider it would cancel out a comp pick coming our way, it would be a terrible idea.  The only wr I would have any interest in is if we could get a one at or near vet min, to save cap space and not lose a comp pick.  I don't know if Crabtree or Cobb might accept this as training camp nears and they want to continue playing. I'd assume they'd have better options, but who knows.  It's not that they are terribly exciting options anyways.

Considering free agency doesn't have many good options, and a draft pick usually take a few years to acclimate, wr looks pretty dire right now.  I know there are rumors for a big trade, but odds of that happening are slim to none.  

Edited by KillBill26
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

Wonder who the trade rumor could be.

Vikings strapped on cap, ones of their receivers? Maybe Allen Robinsons contract is now too rich for the Bears to stomach, Lockett from Seattle. All random names. Pure guesses haha. Not sure AJ Green or Julio is viable.

The only stuff on Twitter is a guess, like the AJ Green one mentioned here and last I saw from some in the know, there hadn't been any interest in WR's.  That doesn't mean there isn't but it's viewed as a week market.  Given they are so bad at selecting one in the draft, it would not surprise me if a trade happened for one.  LOL

We either need to track who the Steeler's like in the draft or improve our scouting department in that area...

Edited by HigSkin
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

That would be a pretty large contract for a guy who has played like **** for us so far

Edit: seeing the report of 1 year deal with the Bears now. Hmmm

Edited by ConnSKINS26

2 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

That would be a pretty large contract for a guy who has played like **** for us so far

I Agree, I didn't know how reliable that person was, So I deleted the post.

1 minute ago, mhd24 said:

Add another comp. pick.

Hopefully it was for a high salary and he stays healthy.   I would have liked to see him return to see how he'd do with a full off-season, but I'm not losing any sleep over him either.  If all he could get is a one year deal, I'm guessing our front office isn't losing any sleep either.

• Like 1

NFLN saying it is for a "little over 3 million". Ha Ha's value is about dirt. As it should be. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Haha only signed a 1 year deal. That tells me the Skins weren't interested in him that's for sure. Which from what I saw last year I don't blame them. Waste of a 4th Rd pick.

• Like 1

Clinton Dix sucked something else, won’t miss him at all. I just hope it’s nkt Apke back there with Collins. Hopefully Nicholson is ready 

• Like 2

I imagine they would have done better than 3-ish million if they wanted him. So either he didn't like it here or we wasted a 4th and didn't really want him. I wonder if the D coaches even knew we were dealing for him at the time

At least we didn’t sign him just to prove to ourselves last year it was the right decision. That’s progress.

He really wasn’t great and I’m thinking the coaching staff and FO is still high on Nicholson. Gruden called Nicholson the Reed of our defense going into last year, I don’t think a sophomore slump means they give up on him yet.

• Like 1

I’m pretty shocked he would choose a 1-year deal with a Chicago defense that lost Vic Fangio and his disciples over staying in DC. 

3 minutes ago, rumplestilskin said:

Tre Boston. Let's go. Dude was just as good as Haha last year. Please NO to Eric Berry

Yep, we need to get Tre in here in a hurry.  Really surprised that Ha Ha signed a deal for 3 mill.  Wow!

I wouldn’t be opposed at going after Berry, as I think he would benefit playing the backfield while Collins mans the box. But we have terrible injury history. It can’t be a huge deal. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Yep, we need to get Tre in here in a hurry.  Really surprised that Ha Ha signed a deal for 3 mill.  Wow!

How disappointing.... Ha Ha for a 1/3M contract is a steal. We dropped the ball here.

Ha-ha would of been a perfect fit next to Collins. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Isn't George Iloka a free agent?? He'd be a much better pickup for that FS spot.... 6'4, 225. 

Edited by SemperFi Skins
  • Like 1

I'm now thoroughly confused as to why we gave up a fourth rounder for him.

There's no way that in the half season he played for us the league perception of his value went from 4th rounder to basically worthless. 

I admit I know little about him but I was certain our goal was to either resign him or get a comp pick for a rental. 

Now I have no ****in idea what the plan was

• Like 2