Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DH: Canada ranked #1 country in the world for Quality of Life

China

1 minute ago, clietas said:

Basic math isn't one of your strong suits I see.

well canada pop  is about 37M

most orgs agree the mexican immigrants here are about 12M (best guess, but probably light imo)

I of course add in their children since most have been here awhile(well above immigrant avg) and us hispanics are prolific breeders.

3 minutes ago, twa said:

most orgs agree the mexican immigrants here are about 12M (best guess, but probably light imo)

I of course add in their children since most have been here awhile(well above immigrant avg) and us hispanics are prolific breeders.

Those children would be natural born American Citizens rather than immigrants, no?

7 minutes ago, twa said:

If your talking illigal mexican immigrants your way off.

Theres around a total of 34 million Mexican Americans. 39 million people live in Canada. Do math better.

You really think all the supposed 12 million illegal immigrants here are all from Mexico? 

2 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

“Prolific Breeders” is a strong blow on the dog whistle.

My last girlfriend is first gen Mexican/Argentinian-American.  Both her and her sister are in their 30s with no children.

#personalanecdote

I  compare my hispanic side of the family to the other side

#personalanecdote

2 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

To be an immigrant is to immigrate.  Those children, born and raised in the US, did not immigrate.

true, so why do people refer to them as a product of immigration when discussing correcting declining birth rate?

if they are pregnant on arrival does it matter?

would they be here if their parent wasn't?

numbers change as you decide what counts

17 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Dont over sell it. It snows there...

like.... a lot.

i learnt growing up in ak that there are all kinds of fun things to do in the snow

we had canadians that would visit to see real snow....and, of course, russia

2 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

What does that have to do with quality of life?

it had more to do with the border control priority in the post before it.

but number of people certainly impacts quality of life and your ability to get economic impact from neighbors

23 hours ago, Springfield said:

I’ve considered, but never seriously, moving to Canada.  I’m American, but my last name is French Canadian so my family and I might just fit right in.

Plus, I’d be able to play hockey a lot more.  That would be a bonus.  Also, the snow!

Negative is that all of my friends and family are in nova for the most part.

You’ll make new, friendlier froends

this went a tad ot but wth...it's sunday :D

right before i dropped out of jr high school (not to return to an academic institution until my mid 40's), and being a dedicated student of National Lampoon magazine (and later, all the albums) i penned an essay for my 7th grade world affairs class titled "Canada: The Retarded Giant on Our Doorstep" which definitely crossed into plagiarism per the magazine.

i followed it up with another theme "borrowed' from lampoon for another class titled "Famous White People in American History" .....mainly i just listed various categories of occupations/positions/fields of endeavor, etc.  and made really, really long lists of famous white people under the headings...

all behaviors well within my sense of humor today, though with more caution in being sure the audience is one that will know you're ****ing around....

and as a final exit to school....we had one teacher who was just an airhead...a solid late 60's caricature of a daffy hippy type, but of the lecturing snotty form, not the peace and love version, and not really very smart or well-informed, which you should at least be that, if you're going to play that card a lot...anyway, she would go way off topic all the time to talk about the purity and superiority of her life/way since she married the "umiak" of a group of  king island eskimos...when she said that in class i told her that was the name of a boat, not a tribal leader position, and wondered how she could not know she wasn't married to a boat...she got mad and said all the kinds of stuff you might figure on why she would be the one to know what's up and i wouldn't......she later said in the same hour that to her the tlinget tribe's language was musical so i followed that up in a form that might get me compared to smirk-face magahat kid, mainly to annoy her (i was 13), but also being truthfully shallow in the matter at the time, i said "really? becuase it sounds like someone throwing up in a bucket to me".....now i never have had a biased bone in my body, as they say, when it comes to indigenous peoples, but that reads bigoted to me now, and she was mortified....she actually froze up for a couple seconds and then sent me to the veep's office

he knew i didn't have any race/hate issues, but had smartass-humor/being raised wild issues, and he certainly supported my dropping out 

he'd **** more than a brick---a WALL--- if he knew what my academic/professional situation became much later ^_^

46 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

“Hey, Canada is number 1 in quality of life.”

”Hmmmph, America would be #1 if it weren’t for the damn Mexicans coming here.”

What????

Would they be #1 w/o us as a neighbor? :)

or maybe I should say ya'll since  I'm on the ass end  :ols:

Archived