Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Lose Another Coach: LB Olivadotti Headed to GB

skinfan2k

Another coach leaves this organization.  Do the redskins want to announce anything?   Didn't see any thread for this loss.   Thought he was supposed to be a "coach in waiting" for a Coordinator position.  Guess not?  Who's Tampa's LB right now?  Seems to me thats the only place where we look these days?

582687759_ScreenShot2019-01-20at9_33_52AM.png.e0c97963470803aad837cad0e4011b64.png

4 minutes ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

Our LB play was a weakness....maybe new coaching and Foster will change that

I was just coming in here to say that... Hasn't our linebacker play been kind of suspect?.. maybe this is for the best...any way .. good call man.

No one is mourning the loss....but...

....this is the second coach this offseason jumping ship for LATERAL moves.  We are such a **** show right now, it's ridiculous. 

What's more ridiculous is the continued DEAFENING silence out of Redskins Park. 

Eff this organization. Bruce and Co are sticking one giant middle finger up to all of us, and I think they delusionally expect we're all actually returning next year to continue supporting their ineptitude. 

21 hours ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

No one is mourning the loss....but...

....this is the second coach this offseason jumping ship for LATERAL moves.  We are such a **** show right now, it's ridiculous. 

What's more ridiculous is the continued DEAFENING silence out of Redskins Park. 

Eff this organization. Bruce and Co are sticking one giant middle finger up to all of us, and I think they delusionally expect we're all actually returning next year to continue supporting their ineptitude. 

The Redskins allowed both Olivadotti and Kotwica to leave. So they couldn't have thought too highly of them or they could have blocked the interview requests. Not that the team's coaching judgment has been particularly strong. But they did do this by choice. More telling would be what happens to a guy like Tomsula, who can just freely leave if he wants.

I'm not sure what kind of announcement you expect the team to make though. It doesn't really help the team to make public all the interviews that coaches may go on. While the team did allow Olivadotti and Kotwica to seek other jobs, it didn't guarantee they'd leave and unless they actually go it benefits no one to broadcast that publicly. 

3 hours ago, Jericho said:

I'm not sure what kind of announcement you expect the team to make though. It doesn't really help the team to make public all the interviews that coaches may go on. 

Have the balls to state the plan.  It's shrouded in silence when everyone KNOWS they're interviewing DC's and such, yet there's ZERO statement of, well, we missed our target, but our plan is __________________.  For Christ's sake, the #firebruceallen trend even forced the team off Twitter for a period of time, and unless I'm mistaken, the team hasn't come out publicly and said much of ANYTHING.

11 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Hire London Fletcher

That might be really interesting. Fletcher excelled despite not being big, fast, or possessing any extreme physical talent. His game was based on hustle, preparation, and intelligence. Sounds like someone who knows the game inside out.

5 hours ago, Jericho said:

The Redskins allowed both Olivadotti and Kotwica to leave. So they couldn't have thought too highly of them or they could have blocked the interview requests. Not that the team's coaching judgment has been particularly strong. But they did do this by choice. More telling would be what happens to a guy like Tomsula, who can just freely leave if he wants.

I'm not sure what kind of announcement you expect the team to make though. It doesn't really help the team to make public all the interviews that coaches may go on. While the team did allow Olivadotti and Kotwica to seek other jobs, it didn't guarantee they'd leave and unless they actually go it benefits no one to broadcast that publicly. 

Were they still under contract? Not saying they were not but can you post something that shows they were under contract? That does make a difference - a bog one? No. But a difference. 

1 hour ago, Burgold said:

That might be really interesting. Fletcher excelled despite not being big, fast, or possessing any extreme physical talent. His game was based on hustle, preparation, and intelligence. Sounds like someone who knows the game inside out.

Fletcher was short, but he was extremely fast and thick. I agree with the hustle, preparation and intelligence but he had so physical tools.

5 minutes ago, TK said:

They could at least update Redskins.com since Green Bay already made the announcement. 

https://www.redskins.com/team/coaches-roster/kirk-olivadotti

It's the same with the Cowboys lol...Linehan out 3 days ago. His page on their website right now:

https://www.dallascowboys.com/team/coaches-roster/scott-linehan

6 hours ago, goskins10 said:

Were they still under contract? Not saying they were not but can you post something that shows they were under contract? That does make a difference - a bog one? No. But a difference. 

Thought this was commons knowledge, but I will google it for you:

1 hour ago, Jericho said:

Thought this was commons knowledge, but I will google it for you:

Why the snark? I wasn't questioning your honestly. And if it was such a bother, don't respond. Good grief can't we just be civil to each other in here?

Anyway, so two have gone sideways and it can be argued Gray went backwards going back to the college ranks. In fairness he may have liked the college level better. SO far the one replacement may have been the worst coach at his position the last 6 yrs. Looking like a great season!

Archived