Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2020 The Non Presidential Edition

8 hours ago, stoshuaj said:

Worthless piece of **** and charlatan Bob ****ing Good won in Va D5......

This damn place

Disappointing, but that part of the state is Charlottesville and Prince Edward County in a sea of lava.  They still sent goofy ass Denver Riggleman to congress during the Blue Wave of 2018 over Olivia Wilde's impressive mom, and his claim to fame was writing Bigfoot Erotica.  Quite a come-down from the time when James Madison held the seat.

• Like 1

Looks like the Senate rests with Georgia. Can the Dems pull the upset? 

With Trump having lost; will Georgia voters want to keep Joe from having the Senate?  Will they decide to give Joe the 2 Dems he needs? Expect a fortune to spent in Georgia.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Looks like the Senate rests with Georgia. Can the Dems pull the upset? 

With Trump having lost; will Georgia voters want to keep Joe from having the Senate?  Will they decide to give Joe the 2 Dems he needs? Expect a fortune to spent in Georgia.

My assumption has been that the GOP wins the runoff(s), given they tend to have better turnout outside of presidential elections, but... if Trump is done by that point, perhaps Dems can whip up enough support and GOP enthusiasm falters.  I can see Kemp having a hand on the scale in some way though.

• Sad 2
2 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

After the other Senate debacles not sure if any amount of money can move the needle.

Do either candidate have a decent shot? One win would be huge.

Both do, really...Ossoff destroyed Perdue in the 2nd debate, making Perdue pull out of the 3rd...but I'm thinking alot of votes for Perdue might have already been cast when that happened.  Everybody loves Warnock, there's really nothing bad that can be said about him.  He pastors MLK's church.

Our SoS will be giving a presser at 10:30, MSNBC will be carrying it live.  Stay tuned, folks.  :drooley:

• Thanks 2
1 hour ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

After the other Senate debacles not sure if any amount of money can move the needle.

Do either candidate have a decent shot? One win would be huge.

One win doesn't really do anything. It's not bad but it does change control. 

17 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Disappointing, but that part of the state is Charlottesville and Prince Edward County in a sea of lava.  They still sent goofy ass Denver Riggleman to congress during the Blue Wave of 2018 over Olivia Wilde's impressive mom, and his claim to fame was writing Bigfoot Erotica.  Quite a come-down from the time when James Madison held the seat.

I live here. My rural county in the Cville burbs exceeded 80% turnout. Biden got 700 more votes than Clinton did. Unfortunately Trump also got 700 more votes than he did last time. Still insane to me he found that many more voters than last election. 

btw- Riggleman is a reasonable fellow, weird Bigfoot fetish aside. He pissed off the state GOP by not being a lunatic and they responded by absolutely screwing him out of the primary election. 

Some recent thoughts from him: https://www.businessinsider.com/virginia-republican-congress-denver-riggleman-political-parties-qanon-election-2020-10

Edited by skinsfan_1215
  • Like 1

Can't say this loud enough.

Nancy and Chuck.... thank you for your service. It's time to step aside and allow a next generation of leadership to take control. Not blaming you per se for the down ballot stuff. But you are too easy of a target compared to a Val Demings in the House and Duckworth in the Senate.

and not to sound like the middle aged white guy here, but even a new guy like Mark Kelly in a very visible role is huge. Navy Vet/Scientist/Astronaut with a steady voice is what I want to hear right now.

• Like 6