Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2020 The Non Presidential Edition

24 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

So if you want "fair" or at least more fair, you should vote yes.  I'm torn (and voted no).  I don't necessarily want "fair."  I want Democrat control because, as far as I'm concerned, the GOP has forfeited its right to govern by rejecting science in favor of Trumpism.  Democrats now hold all of the levers of power and they should wield it as they were elected to do.  If that situation were reversed, you can bet your ass that the GOP would gerrymander the hell out of the map.  On top of that, everything about the VA legislature already favors rural Virginia over NoVa and so drawing maps that favor Democrats will de facto favor NoVa and balance the bias out somewhat.  

But what happens when power swings back the other way?  Another 20 years of minority party rule?  I can stand losing fair fights but I can't stand losing rigged ones.  I think on difficult decisions like this, you have to let principle guide you.  If most people say this is a more fair way to do it, then I'm going to vote yes.

52 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

But what happens when power swings back the other way?  Another 20 years of minority party rule?  I can stand losing fair fights but I can't stand losing rigged ones.  I think on difficult decisions like this, you have to let principle guide you.  If most people say this is a more fair way to do it, then I'm going to vote yes.

If you do it right and don't **** up governing, power won't swing back the other way (which is the point). But yes, if you want fair, then you should vote yes. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 1

Hmmm, well the idea would be to stick up for Collins in a way that makes Gideon look good and also reminds people that Collins is generally loyal to Trump. It might hurt Gideon with Trump voters, but would help more with independents and Democrats.  It might be tricky to do though, so maybe it is better to say nothing, and see how Collins responds.

Edited by visionary
23 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Cornyn's latest ads are all lies. It should be embarrassing to him but he approves them, so....

David Perdue is doing the same thing here, lying his ass off. 

I voted my Ossoff.  :ols:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
12 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Greenfield should be focusing on Ernst's flub of crop prices at the debate.  That has the potential to be a game changer and I'm looking forward to seeing some post-debate polling. 

I almost couldn't stop laughing when I saw that, it should totally ruin her.  Commodities are the first thing she should follow all damn day!

And then to follow it up with "My opponent didn't answer, either" when she clearly did, it was the first thing out of her mouth.  Ernst is clearly demented and delusional.  (Or seriously needs her hearing tested.)

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

I almost couldn't stop laughing when I saw that, it should totally ruin her.  Commodities are the first thing she should follow all damn day!

And then to follow it up with "My opponent didn't answer, either" when she clearly did, it was the first thing out of her mouth.  Ernst is clearly demented and delusional.  (Or seriously needs her hearing tested.)

It really should have a big impact.  A big part of Greenfield's pitch during the whole campaign is that Ernst went to Washington to advocate for Iowa but, instead, she changed and became someone who cares more about the GOP than about Iowans.  So for her to completely botch a question that someone who spends their time advocating for Iowans has to know (right after Greenfield nailed her answer to basically the same question), she was shown to be exactly what Greenfield has made her out to be.

The worst political gaffes are the ones that prove you to be what your opponent says you are.  This is the best example of that I've seen since elitist Romney called 47% of Americans deadbeats on the government dole. 

• Like 3