Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2020 The Non Presidential Edition

Cooked Crack

2 hours ago, Burgold said:

Read about the GOP's fake drop boxes.  They might pretend that there are innocent reasons, but I call BS. If they want to make it easier for their less ambulatory voters to vote there's no need to pretend it's an official drop box. What a crooked party.

1)  Hey.  The good news is, the people who go to the Republican Party web site to get a list of "official" drop box locations is almost certainly voting Republican.  

2)  And hey, if the GOP wants to endorse this tactic, then how about the Dem Party setting up 12 ballot collection locations in Houston?  

16 minutes ago, Larry said:

And hey, if the GOP wants to endorse this tactic, then how about the Dem Party setting up 12 ballot collection locations in Houston?

This was exactly my reaction, except 100 instead of 12. 

Speaking of shady election interference, Jacob Wohl was arraigned last week for being a dumbass.

Two right-wing political operatives accused of orchestrating robocalls aimed at deterring voters in Detroit and other major cities from casting their ballots by mail were arraigned Wednesday on voter intimidation charges, according to Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel.

Jack Burkman and Jacob Wohl were each charged last week with one count of intimidating voters, one count of conspiracy to commit an election law violation, one count of using a computer to commit the crime of intimidating voters and using a computer to commit the crime of conspiracy. The first two charges each carry a maximum of five years in prison and the latter two charges carry a maximum of seven years in prison.

Both men turned themselves in to Detroit law enforcement early Thursday morning, according to a news release and appeared for their court appearance virtually from the Detroit Detention Center.

4 minutes ago, visionary said:

Looking really bad for Peters (and maybe the Senate.)

This probably means he’s trending to lose right now since his lead has been shrinking and the polls are usually a bit behind.

The Emerson College poll (A- rated by 538) has him up 10. 

5 minutes ago, visionary said:

Is it recent?  I thought Emerson was sketchy?

Yea, it started the same day as the NYT poll, Oct 6.  And I think it’s pretty highly regarded. 

In any event, 538 gives Peters a 79% chance of winning.  The Economist gives him a 91% chance of winning. 

12 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Yea, it started the same day as the NYT poll, Oct 6.  And I think it’s pretty highly regarded. 

In any event, 538 gives Peters a 79% chance of winning.  The Economist gives him a 91% chance of winning. 

That’s good. Although supposedly the GOP is now pouring a lot of money and ads into the race for James. it probably wouldn’t hurt for the Dems to send some more support Peters’ way.  Maybe have Obama, Amy, or Pete help out.

1 minute ago, visionary said:

That’s good. Although supposedly the GOP is now pouring a lot of money and ads into the race for James. it probably wouldn’t hurt for the Dems to send some more support Peters’ way.  Maybe have Obama, Amy, or Pete help out.

Oh I agree. Michigan should get the full court press from Dems, for both Biden and Peters’ sake. 

1 hour ago, visionary said:

This probably means he’s trending to lose right now since his lead has been shrinking and the polls are usually a bit behind.

I like not this news. Bring me some other news!

55 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

The Emerson College poll (A- rated by 538) has him up 10. 

Ah! Good news!

Archived