Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Things that you'd like to see come back in sports

Spaceman Spiff

On 1/15/2019 at 1:39 PM, Chew said:

Bring back the "rim rocker" dunks of the 80s and 90s.  I hate these new age, clean dunks where they just kinda throw the ball in the hoop and slap their hand on the rim.  WEAK.

I miss the old 80s and 90s dunks when bammas used to slam it, hold onto the rim and yank it down, then let go and it snapped back up.  The sound was awesome, and it made the dunk much more violent.  Back when players were trying to tear the rim down every time they yammed it. 

Look at Penny pull that mother ****er down, and the slight right leg lift so as to expose the scrotum sack to his victim.  Nasty :headbang:

100% yes.  I don't watch the NBA like I used to but I can't remember the last time I saw something like this:

A truly violent slam.  He totally pipes hard on Ewing, then Ewing stumbles, falls back and Pippen walks over him, ON THE WAY TO TELL to Spike Lee who's about as tall as Pippen's bozac to shut the **** up.  

I think this is more of a function of the NBA teams/players hating each other back then.  I think by the time this happened things might have started cooling off a little bit as all these guys started being on Dream Teams together.  The first crack in the NBA Cold War was Bird and Magic doing that Converse commercial together and becoming friends.  If Bird and Magic could be friendly, it was all downhill from there.  Now these guys talk about their wine collections together. 

I found this a few months ago, look at Bill Cartwright knocking Charles Barkley the **** OUT:

The best thing here, aside from seeing Barkley getting demolished and having to be helped off the court is the old guy in the stands right around the :15 second mark who's clapping and pointing.  Yeah, old timer, you came to MSG on a Friday night to watch the Knickerbockers and didn't know you were gonna see someone get knocked out on a Mike Tyson level by getting dunked on.

On 1/14/2019 at 9:18 AM, Chew said:

I'd like to see every team carry a full back.  Just this weekend we saw a monster run (can't remember which team) and the FB made a huge block to open up a lane.

Was it Zach Line pancaking one of the Eagles LBs that led to a 35 yard gain by Ingram? 

(skip to 10:00) 

On 1/17/2019 at 2:42 PM, Spaceman Spiff said:

100% yes.  I don't watch the NBA like I used to but I can't remember the last time I saw something like this:

A truly violent slam.  He totally pipes hard on Ewing, then Ewing stumbles, falls back and Pippen walks over him, ON THE WAY TO TELL to Spike Lee who's about as tall as Pippen's bozac to shut the **** up.  

I think this is more of a function of the NBA teams/players hating each other back then.  I think by the time this happened things might have started cooling off a little bit as all these guys started being on Dream Teams together.  The first crack in the NBA Cold War was Bird and Magic doing that Converse commercial together and becoming friends.  If Bird and Magic could be friendly, it was all downhill from there.  Now these guys talk about their wine collections together. 

I found this a few months ago, look at Bill Cartwright knocking Charles Barkley the **** OUT:

The best thing here, aside from seeing Barkley getting demolished and having to be helped off the court is the old guy in the stands right around the :15 second mark who's clapping and pointing.  Yeah, old timer, you came to MSG on a Friday night to watch the Knickerbockers and didn't know you were gonna see someone get knocked out on a Mike Tyson level by getting dunked on.

On that note, I kind of miss the "shatter the backboard" dunks, although they are pretty dangerous for the players, so not sure I'd want to see them come back.

Archived