Sign in to follow this  
skinsfan66

XFL Washington

Spring 2000  They will start playing in the 20,000 seat new modern soccer stadium.  So they say.   Anybody think the league will make it?  With all the talk of other teams ,Nats Caps just wondering if anybody has any thoughts on this team.  What Snyder might be thinking about another team in Washington? What if they sell out the games , have a winning team, fans have a good time and the Redskins come off another year like this with the attendance down again? Could this be a way for fans to pay back Snyder, staying away from Fed X and buying Redskins things and watch the games at home or not watch at all.  Too bad XFL do not start this year, I think Danny may have gave a little more thought to make some changes. 

I'll give it a watch. But I don't see the league lasting. The quality of play will probably suck and spring time is all about Caps/Nats for me.

• Like 2

I doubt there's any more appetite for spring football now than there was when the USFL and original XFL tried it.

This effort looks more credible than the original XFL from an on-field perspective. Time will tell whether Vince McMahon is willing to go on losing money for as long as it would take to potentially build a durable fan base, as with major league soccer.

44 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

Spring 2000  They will start playing in the 20,000 seat new modern soccer stadium . 

So Mick Mahone has figured out how to build a time machine? He truly is a spectacular man!

Gonna be hard to compete against that Redskins dream team, though. I just hope they stick with Brad Johnson in that alternate reality. ;)

If He Hate Me is involved in some capacity I'll think about watching. He's my all time favorite XFL player. Make him a sideline reporter or announcer, somethings.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, clietas said:

If He Hate Me is involved in some capacity I'll think about watching. He's my all time favorite XFL player. Make him a sideline reporter or announcer, somethings.

He's now called "He No Longer Remember Me"

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Spring 2000?...When the hell was this thread started? lol...

The original one was started a year ago (I guess the search feature is too hard to use):

Edited by China

9 minutes ago, China said:

The original one was started a year ago (I guess the search feature is too hard to use):

He's making a joke about the date, which is about 19 years in the past.

Just now, PokerPacker said:

He's making a joke about the date, which is about 19 years in the past.

I understood that.  I was making a different point.

• Haha 1

Just now, China said:

I often fail to pickup the nuance of human communication.  Carry on.

2 hours ago, China said:

I always appreciate when people respond to points I wasn't making lol...

2 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

I often fail to pickup the nuance of human communication.  Carry on.

damn Synths.... :(

Given that Trump hates the NFL, and has connections to McMahon, I wonder if he's going to play a role?

Edited by Corcaigh

I cant believe they're really going through with this.  

Diluted spring football is a fail for everybody.  Once that other league was starting, they were both doomed.  They need to be joining forces, if anything, rather than competing.

3 hours ago, justice98 said:

I cant believe they're really going through with this.  

Diluted spring football is a fail for everybody.  Once that other league was starting, they were both doomed.  They need to be joining forces, if anything, rather than competing.

Yeah it's even worse now, football most of the days out of the week in fall/winter. 

Eh, I think I'm gonna sit that one out. Unlike the AAF, which seems to be developing rules (and a culture) based on shorting the game and better enforcing player safety protocol, the XFL seems to double down on the worst of football's reactionary, macho bull**** (which is expected if Vince McMahon is involved in any capacity).