Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which other NFL team is most worthy of Redskins' fans time and money?

FedEx Nosebleed

Because I'm sadly convinced it's not the Redskins, and won't be for YEARS to come. Today's news that Bruce Allen is going to be given MORE authority over the business side of operations is a new low for a franchise that can't seem to avoid finding new lows.  I learned to sing hail to the Redskins in music class in 2nd grade.  I put my name on the season ticket waiting list in my 20's. I had season tickets from right before the start of Gibbs II through the end of the 2014 season -- 11 years.  I went from two seats to four at one point, because I wanted my kids to grow up going to games.   

But then Snyder and Allen and all that is well documented happened.  They killed this team, along the way taking me from super fan, to fan, to meh, to affirmatively angry about them and their inability to get out of their own way.  I know I'm not alone in feeling this.  I can't root for this crop of players, and I won't give them another dollar till Snyder is dead and gone, unless it's to see a visiting team embarrass them in their stadium. 

With that rant off, it brings me to this question for the rest of you:  my 10 year old is really getting into football.  I've trained him to hate the Cowboys, hate the Eagles, and hate the Giants.  But I can't make him love the Redskins, and I wouldn't ever try anymore.  The Skins are the only team I've ever known, but I'm ready to turn my back on them and start dating again.  What other current NFL team is most worthy of our attention, based on the character of their organization and players, the quality of product they put on the field, and the reasonable potential to have a championship in the years ahead? 

My kid wants to root for the Steelers, because Big Ben delivered him a fantasy football championship.  Can't have that, either.   Because Pittsburgh.  But past that?   I keep coming back to Kansas City, because Mahommes is going to set this league on fire.  Also Indian motif.  But I could be talked into someone else.  What do y'all think? 

tl;dr:  When you look at your Redskins of today, which team comes closest to what your Redskins used to be?   Because I want to jump ship to that team.  I'm done. 

6 minutes ago, kwitt said:

This thread will get closed 

Why?  I actually read the posting guidelines, and don't see what rule I've broken?  The guidelines say "This is a website owned by the Washington Redskins, maintained by Redskins fans, and primarily devoted to Washington Redskins football....we continue to believe that each Sunday marks a new beginning and that eventually we will return to our days of greatness. You, of course, can laugh at that notion, but if you do it here, it probably won't be taken too kindly."

I would argue that it's Ashburn that is no longer devoting itself to Washington Redskins football -- the football of our youth that made us fans -- and that it's fair to ask what other organization out there is closest to the ideals that made us fans.  So I'm asking, where can Redskins fans that want a return to greatness place their allegiance today?  We aren't failing the Redskins by cheering for a better organization.  Ownership has failed us by driving us to this point.   I want to be a Redskins fan.  But these aren't the Redskins anymore. 

I'd rather wait to if we get right then root for someone else.  Do y'all wanting to leave for other teams just want one thread where you can say that officially?  An "I'm done and going to X" thread?

Where you go, be prepared for them sucking eventually, too.

Besides hating on all of the other NFC East teams because that is the way God intended it, I have gone through phases of liking other teams at various points, usually due to liking certain coaches or players they may have on the roster.  I love watching KC right now with Mahomes and thanks to the McVay connection I will be pulling for the Rams even when they are not playing the Cowgirls.  For next season though, I think the Browns will hands down be the most fun.  Tons of talent on the roster, still have cap room, Mayfield is a stud and also very entertaining as a personality and Kitchens is a refreshing break from the usual coaching drones, kind of like Arians when he first landed in Arizona.

12 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The Redskins are your first love, that unfortunately became an opiod addicted streetwalker.  You’ve tried to stick it out and help her get right, but this last case of gonnorea is the last straw.

You can move on and find a hotter, smarter, more successful woman but you’ll never love her like your first love.

You sir -- you get what I'm talking about.

12 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I'm just sitting here waiting for a team to give me free donuts. Give me a dozen or so, I'll renounce the Redskins and be a fan for life.

Coincidentally, I'm not yet a fan of any other team for life yet. One day......

They don't have to be free.  I'd be happy to send them a lightly used, rather dusty Jason Campbell jersey in exchange. 

my redskins passion is at all-time low.   I will continue to do road games because i treat them like vacations but going to home games is out of the question.   I will spend more money on Nats and Caps who have an amazing fan experience and win compared to this trash org. 

My Son was born in 2001. Ive made him a die hard Skins fan like myself.  We watch most games together -if not together texting non stop during the games.

Im guilty of child abuse. 

Its painful and i feel terrible that for him, the "Glory year(s)" was 2012. I actually asked him the other day how he stays a skins fan. More of like "its too late for me, save yourself".

He shrugged and said "I have no clue!"

I never tried to push him to another team -I did try to get his focus on the Nationals (They have become my 2nd love, if they ever win a WS they will probably become my 1st love).  And while he does like the nats -its just the same passion. 

I guess my point - if i have one- is if you are truly a die hard (and im not judging or saying you aren't. Im just saying "if you are" your son will most likely follow as well.  And not all bad. Truth be told -he is just use to losing.  

I live in Denver and go to lots of Bronco games. It's a great game day experience. I am only a Redskin fan. I am not a Bronco fan. But I do follow the Broncos and I like attending NFL games and I am happy to give my money to the donkeys. If I lived in DC (where I lived for 35 years) I would not go to Redskins games even though I am a fan of the team. ****ty game day experience. 

1 hour ago, FedEx Nosebleed said:

What other current NFL team is most worthy of our attention, based on the character of their organization and players, the quality of product they put on the field, and the reasonable potential to have a championship in the years ahead?

Hmmm, and to think I wasted all those years NOT rooting for the Patriots.

Cleveland Browns. 

Face it - what we want is for Snyder to remove his head from his ass, hire a good football mind, put him in charge and get the mother**** out of the way. Haslam, after years of Snyderesque buffoonery, seems to have done just that. Cleveland should improve steadily in the next few years. You could watch them and imagine it’s the Skins turning it around. 

God knows the real Redskins will suck until Snyder is gone. 

I tend to root for the team that will shame Snyder the most. It started when he hired Zorn instead of GW, so I wanted the Saints to win the SB...which they did.

Now, I want the Rams to remind Danny that after all his years of unfulfilled yearning for the next offensive genius coach, he had one and just let him walk.

I also would like to see Brees and Rodgers each win another SB.

Oh, and I second the Browns, because it will officially leave us at the bottom of the barrel.

3 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

I tend to root for the team that will shame Snyder the most. It started when he hired Zorn instead of GW, so I wanted the Saints to win the SB...which they did.

Now, I want the Rams to remind Danny that after all his years of unfulfilled yearning for the next offensive genius coach, he had one and just let him walk.

I also would like to see Brees and Rodgers each win another SB.

Oh, and I second the Browns, because it will officially leave us at the bottom of the barrel. 

Clearly you gave not seen the Detroit Lions.

For me whoever is playing The Ratbirds.  Seeing them struggle early in the season was magnificent because I didn't have to hear their trash talking about The B & G.

Though oddly my Dad and Uncle are Bengals fan, both grew up in Cincinnati, and hates the Steelers with a passion but root for Balt because they're the other hometown team? 

None. This is stupid squared.

I am a Redskins fan for life. Our fanbase consists of too many "little kittens" 

My god man sack up we could be the Bills, or Browns or Jets etc... no wait those franchises suck too but they have loyal diehard fans. Here in DC its a different story... little kittens abound !

I'm a Redskin fan, always will be. However, they are not worthy of even a shred of my emotional investment. I just don't care about them. I actively root for them to lose every game and for things to go as badly as possible. It's the only hope that they'll ever change to the extent that they're worth any of my time again. So, I'm not really going to become a fan of another team, and I'm not even going to stop being a Redskin fan, it's just that I'll. be so not invested in that it will be virtually undetectable to any outside observers.

My energy goes into watching and following football, because I do enjoy the sport. But I won't become a fan of any other team. I will, however, watch with particular interest two teams with idiot owners (Cleveland and Indianapolis) who learned enough to turn their teams over to smart football people, and whom are going to be reaping the rewards fro doing so for the next several years. 

We'll see if that's a lesson that ever seeps in elsewhere. 

4 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

I'm a Redskin fan, always will be. However, they are not worthy of even a shred of my emotional investment. I just don't care about them. I actively root for them to lose every game and for things to go as badly as possible. It's the only hope that they'll ever change to the extent that they're worth any of my time again. So, I'm not really going to become a fan of another team, and I'm not even going to stop being a Redskin fan, it's just that I'll. be so not invested in that it will be virtually undetectable to any outside observers.

My energy goes into watching and following football, because I do enjoy the sport. But I won't become a fan of any other team. I will, however, watch with particular interest two teams with idiot owners (Cleveland and Indianapolis) who learned enough to turn their teams over to smart football people, and whom are going to be reaping the rewards fro doing so for the next several years. 

We'll see if that's a lesson that ever seeps in elsewhere. 

Well said that is where i am at.

Archived