Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which other NFL team is most worthy of Redskins' fans time and money?

FedEx Nosebleed

none. picking another team doesn't punish dan/allen enough as they still get paid from profit sharing. the only way to effect real change is to let the nfl know that dans absolute ineptitude and 20 year failure has killed your need for football all together. with an already declining number of new fans, a great number of long term, die hards giving up the sport entirely will make a fiscal impact. and could cause the powers that be to step in, one way or the other.

the nfl is about nothing if not profit. touch their pocketbook, not dans.

3 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I'd rather wait to if we get right then root for someone else.  Do y'all wanting to leave for other teams just want one thread where you can say that officially?  An "I'm done and going to X" thread?

Where you go, be prepared for them sucking eventually, too.

And then inevitably becoming good for a cycle as well, like every single team in the league except for this trash and the Browns, who are about to take off with a great 2nd year QB and loads of young talent.

Just now, Sticksboi05 said:

And then inevitably becoming good for a cycle as well, like every single team in the league except for this trash and the Browns, who are about to take off with a great 2nd year QB and loads of young talent.

Forever is a long damn time.

33 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I’m with you man. Redskins 4 life. These fickle fans are as annoying as that feeling I get when I wake up in the morning instead of dying in my sleep. 

Fickle is jumping off the train in 2000 less than a decade after 3 titles. Leaving after 20 years of trash and outright professional embarrassment is not. It's not the losing, it's how they got about everything in this organization...coupled with sucking.

I wouldn't become a fan of another team I agree, but I support anyone who says screw this and finds something better in their lives.

27 minutes ago, Sticksboi05 said:

Fickle is jumping off the train in 2000 less than a decade after 3 titles.

I just wanted to make that joke about fans for life longing for the sweet embrace of the crypt. I don’t begrudge anyone for abandoning this dumpster fire. I just stick around for the jokes and schaudenfraude.

2 hours ago, Ashburn Dave said:

None.  Always been a homer always will be.

Just not giving them any more money.  

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

I’m with you man. Redskins 4 life. These fickle fans are as annoying as that feeling I get when I wake up in the morning instead of dying in my sleep. 

Personally, I'm glad this thread got created.  While I think we're all pretty much cut from that cloth or we wouldn't still be here, and I WISH I had a choice whether or not to be a fan of this ****ty organization, it's in my fiber of my being and has been for 4 decades. It's too late. 

But.... And I said this in another thread, I think the only way I can continue any enjoyment of football is to find a second favorite team. 

Until Dan sells, I'm devoid of hope. 

And it's sad. 

Truly.  I've already boycotted buying my yearly Redskins jersey for the last three years, and I haven't made my yearly trip out to DC to go to a game since the Packers playoff game.  

And like 90% of us, it's long past anger, and on to the strongest feeling of apathy I've had in my lifetime. 

But personally, I've been thinking about buying a Bears jersey.  Even with the doink of playoff elimination, I love watching how that team plays football. 

And in my own mind, even though Daniel Snyder will never know, and will even get a small portion of profit sharing from it....it's my own passive aggressive way of justifying myself to send him the biggest **** you I can think of and maybe I can go back to enjoying the sport again and not worry about what cluster**** PR nightmare will come out next from the team of my childhood. 

Hail.  

Er, I mean, Da Bears. 

4 hours ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

I'm a Redskin fan, always will be. However, they are not worthy of even a shred of my emotional investment. I just don't care about them. I actively root for them to lose every game and for things to go as badly as possible. It's the only hope that they'll ever change to the extent that they're worth any of my time again. So, I'm not really going to become a fan of another team, and I'm not even going to stop being a Redskin fan, it's just that I'll. be so not invested in that it will be virtually undetectable to any outside observers.

My energy goes into watching and following football, because I do enjoy the sport.

I like RTF's posts and this one really hit home. I'm not sure I can categorize myself as wanting them to lose every game...…...but I feel like I'm watching the games out of some sort of longtime civic thing that I've done since, well, forever. The emotional investment is pretty much nil. And it makes me feel bad because I feel fortunate to have become a fan at a very young age in the Allen years and of course experiencing the Gibbs years (much of them albeit from afar, as I didn't move back to the DC area until 1988). So I just don't know. 

Years ago, I gave up on the Washington Bullets even after watching Jordan score 50 points at a home game.  I moved to California and instead of rooting for the LA Lakers who at that time were still a good team, I lived in the Bay Area, so I picked the Golden State Warriors who at that time were losers.  But they had just drafted Steph Curry and had Don Nelson as the head coach.  Well their owner finally sold the team (he had owned Safeway stores) and a new group of owners came in and turned the team around by drafting well and by getting a new head coach.  So after several years they got better and recently won 3 NBA Championships.  To answer your football question, for the rest of this year I am rooting for the Saints because of Drew Brees- I read a good book about him a few years ago.  I would let your son pick his team.  Many years ago, Ken Beatrice was a local DC sports radio guy and he had a saying that the best sport franchises have good ownership and if you have bad ownership at the top then the team will not be successful on the field.  His phrase was something about the fish stinking at the head.  So explain to him that not all good NFL teams have good owners or owners committed to winning on the field.

8 hours ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Truly.  I've already boycotted buying my yearly Redskins jersey for the last three years, and I haven't made my yearly trip out to DC to go to a game since the Packers playoff game.  

I used to buy jersey's every year.  Even bought a fat albert one right after we signed him.  Thankfully Dick's let me return it.  After that I bought a Riggo one and am set for life.

1 hour ago, Ashburn Dave said:

I used to buy jersey's every year.  Even bought a fat albert one right after we signed him.  Thankfully Dick's let me return it.  After that I bought a Riggo one and am set for life.

Feel your pain, my friend.  I've got a closet full of Haynesworth type jerseys, but I wasn't smart enough to learn my lesson - Garcon, Laron Landry, RG3, Kirk, Orakpo and others.  These days, I've pretty much stuck with my rotation of Darrel Green, ST and Dex.  Kerrigan is the last and may ultimately be the last current era player jersey I ever buy. 

18 hours ago, Califan007 said:

None...that's not why you become--and remain--a fan. it's not something you do based on analysis and statistical study of who is most "worthy" of your support.

No, but it doesn't mean I can't put time and attention into teams like the Browns and Rams

12 hours ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Feel your pain, my friend.  I've got a closet full of Haynesworth type jerseys, but I wasn't smart enough to learn my lesson - Garcon, Laron Landry, RG3, Kirk, Orakpo and others.  These days, I've pretty much stuck with my rotation of Darrel Green, ST and Dex.  Kerrigan is the last and may ultimately be the last current era player jersey I ever buy. 

I only have DG28 and Joe Jacoby. Given how awful the team is nowadays I haven’t worn either of them in 2+ years. 😡

On 1/12/2019 at 4:59 AM, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The Redskins are your first love, that unfortunately became an opioid addicted streetwalker.  You’ve tried to stick it out and help her get right, but this last case of gonnorea is the last straw.

You can move on and find a hotter, smarter, more successful woman but you’ll never love her like your first love.

Skins faithful went from looking like this inside the Gibbs era...

giphy.gif

then we were clobbered by the Snyder Effect and here we are today. 

giphy.gif

Archived