Sign in to follow this  
deathlock77

Joe Theismann on Redskins future

Some great perspective from Joe on the divisional playoff games this weekend as well as our quarterback situation going forward. The hosts ask about possible replacements for Alex via draft or FA and Joe alludes to the fact that it may be McCoy going forward. Check out the interview starting at 6 min mark:

Android users:https://play.google.com/music/m/Ddvfcb7so7il6kgvrtuzop2dg3e?t=NFL_Divisional_Playoffs_W_Joe_Theismann_Larry_Johnson_Lin_Elliot_and_Zack_Crockett-The_Elite_Sports_

ITUNES:https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-elite-sports-podcast/id1434762451?mt=2

16 minutes ago, deathlock77 said:

Some great perspective from Joe on the divisional playoff games this weekend as well as our quarterback situation going forward. The hosts ask about possible replacements for Alex via draft or FA and Joe alludes to the fact that it may be McCoy going forward. Check out the interview starting at 6 min mark:

Android users:https://play.google.com/music/m/Ddvfcb7so7il6kgvrtuzop2dg3e?t=NFL_Divisional_Playoffs_W_Joe_Theismann_Larry_Johnson_Lin_Elliot_and_Zack_Crockett-The_Elite_Sports_

ITUNES:https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-elite-sports-podcast/id1434762451?mt=2

Joke if it's McCoy.  He's not NFL material.

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Joke if it's McCoy.  He's not NFL material.

He’s 3-13 to 4-12 materiel though :) which my guess is that’s probably what the redskins want, so they can be in position to draft the franchise QB in 2020 in Vegas. 

• Like 1

I will always love Joey T., but he's way down on the list of people whose opinions I put much stock in when it comes to honestly evaluating the Redskins. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Riggo-toni said:

Can someone write a synopsis for those of us who don't want to buy a subscription? Gracias.

It's free.

He didn't actually say much from what I'm listening to, at least in terms of the "Redskins future". He says that probably McCoy starts and Josh Johnson is his backup, and that the Skins should draft a QB they think they can develop (sounded like he was thinking a lower round pick but not sure), and that you can't just say Alex Smith is your starter due to his injury and his age...and that it took him 2 years to get back to physically being able to play even though he never did again.

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

It's free.

He didn't actually say much from what I'm listening to, at least in terms of the "Redskins future". He says that probably McCoy starts and Josh Johnson is his backup, and that the Skins should draft a QB they think they can develop (sounded like he was thinking a lower round pick but not sure), and that you can't just say Alex Smith is your starter due to his injury and his age...and that it took him 2 years to get back to physically being able to play even though he never did again.

yea, that's all I heard. Also, for me it was not until the 12:38 mark that he started talking about the Redskins. 

Just now, goskins10 said:

yea, that's all I heard. Also, for me it was not until the 12:38 mark that he started talking about the Redskins. 

LOL...yeah, I forgot to put that in my post. Listening to 6 extra minutes of Theismann's insights was 6 minutes too much.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

Yeah, if Cooley does an evaluation, then I listen intently. Joe...eh, not really.

Cooley can't do an evaluation without risking unemployment.  

They'd be better off hiring Cooley to be an Assistant to their Offense and get him started on his coaching education.  Cooley might not have the filter to survive that environment. 

6 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

He’s 3-13 to 4-12 materiel though :) which my guess is that’s probably what the redskins want, so they can be in position to draft the franchise QB in 2020 in Vegas. 

....and screw it  up royally.

5 hours ago, Califan007 said:

It's free.

Seriously Joe? You think you recovered to a point where you were physically able to play? Wow, I love the guy but, he's delusional.

6 minutes ago, The Sisko said:

....and screw it  up royally.

Doesn’t take a genius to know that’s what will happen :P  we can only HOPE at this point that they finally pick a guy that will finally be our franchise QB 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

I don't know why everyone is so down on the future of this franchise... All they need are better players at most positions, A better coaching staff to prepare the players better and to hold them more accountable.  Definately a new GM and maybe a new owner.  The NFL is made for quick turnarounds like that.

• Haha 9

Let me see if I can guess what Joe said:

”Me, me, me, I, me, me, me, when I used to play, me, me, food poisoning issues at my restaurant in the ‘80’s, me, me, me... “

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, ntotoro said:

Let me see if I can guess what Joe said:

”Me, me, me, I, me, me, me, when I used to play, me, me, food poisoning issues at my restaurant in the ‘80’s, me, me, me... “

Love Joe, met Joe in Boston once. But I just love this! Funny as all heck...man we live in the past sooo much, but it's all we got and it does suck. Is hope eternal?

McCoy is 32 years old, so he has no upside. If we are going to suck then at least get someone who might develop into something. 

Bridgewater is 27. Brett Hundley is 26. Hell, bring back a 25 year old Nate Sudfeld just to see what he can do. 

I should add, Joe strikes me as someone who has very limited knowledge, but loves to voice his opinion. My guess is that he went with Colt only because he doesn't know any other names. I know it's a simple google search, but still I doubt he did the work. 

Edited by Unbias

If McCoy is the goddam starter next season and Josh Johnson is the number 2 im ****ing done with this team, No i mean it it I AM DONE WITH THIS TEAM

who am i kidding.......

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, JoeJacobyHOForRIOT said:

If McCoy is the goddam starter next season and Josh Johnson is the number 2 im ****ing done with this team, No i mean it it I AM DONE WITH THIS TEAM

who am i kidding.......

Not so fun fact - Josh Johnson is actually older than Colt by ~1 year. We should do an 'Ochocinco' type name change where we call them 'CareerBackup#1' and 'CareerBackup#2'. Heck, maybe sprinkle in some Josh McNown when things don't go so well. 

• Haha 1

I can understand McCoy as the starter because that is probably as best as we can do, but when he said Josh Johnson as the backup, he lost all credibility.  Come on people yes it was a nice story but Josh was awful.  No other way to describe it once you get past the feel good story.

11 hours ago, trap said:

I think Joe should throw his hat back in the ring!!!!!!🤣

He should be fully heale3d by now. By the way... did Joe ever remind anyone had that he had the same inury as Alex Smith? I wasn’t sure if Joe ever mentioned that.