174 members have voted

1. 1. Trade up to draft Haskins???

• Yes
    • No
    • Too Early
    • I don't know
    • I'll be honest, I don't care right now, but I might if this works

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

Really not sure what this has to do with anything. Maybe you didn't mean it that way, but the idea that just because I (or others) am not there 100% of the time I have no idea of what's going on is honestly pretty insulting. Maybe this had some validity 30 or 40 yrs ago. With today's social media and increased mobility, you just do not have to be somewhere to understand what's going on. 

You're being too sensitive on that one and I've been trying to explain this entire thread exactly what i just said on that one, so not suprised you took it that way because no one is listening to me anyway.  The fan base is dying, nowhere is it more apparent then right here in the DC area.  I know you know, but that was my last plea to get yall to see how bad this is and why we need to do something like this.  Apparently that does not matter, we are going to stay stuck in what should do knowing we wont do it without asking if doing it yalls way doesnt work.  This may have to wait until the combine when the calls for this guy being what we need becomes deafining.

As for the original comment - I was not implying that you said teams didn't value them at all - but you did say they didn't value them that much. I disagree with that. And the example you provided was probably not the best since one of the years they had to forfeit their pick then this year they made trades to get an extra picks. 

Do I have to quote myself? Said it's not taken as seriously by teams with elite QBs as teams without.  Them losing a lick doesnt negate that they have no fear of trading down, losing them or outright trading them because they dont have to waste one every 4 years on a QB or lose multiple trading up for one.  You think cowboys send a first rounder for Cooper if they didnt have Dak?  They made it to second round of the playoffs this year, they arent not sweating this like we are right now.  It's not that dont find it important, they are jus in different situation because they are trying to get a  franchise QB what what he needs to be successful instead of trying to find a franchise wb

Honestly I get it. As I stated at the start of my response. I get what you are saying. I am not one who wants to tank. I want them to try every game. But to me, spending major resources for a QB is like buying a new engine for your car when the rest of he drive train is bad. Yea, you need the engine to go anywhere. But with a bad drive train you will only go so far.

You wont go anywhere without a QB, though.

3 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

1.  Yall need to let that Griffin **** go. In all seriousness, I get we got burned,  but wholly crap this guy is NOT Robert Griffin.  We would not be having this conversation if Griffin Wasn't a bust, we would say it was a lot but it was worth it.  Franchise saving QBs are worth that.

2.  This is getting ridiculous, if Haskins ends up being a legit franchise QB, that absolutely would be in our favor. This is not about any other QB then Haskins.

3.  I tell what I don't trust Bruce with:  multiple picks knowing he's going to get guys with injury histories to get steals and an excuse when they get hurt and we start losing again.  He's not going to stop that by the way, but I live in the area and the damage being down to this fan base is going to be borderline irrepairable if we don't get a young elite franchise QB that we can say this is what we are building around. 

4. We aren't even selling jerseys, man, there are games in DC area where more people watch the Cowboys instead.  Look at this list, y'all, we supposed to be a flagship franchise in one of the larger markets in the cku try and we don't have a single player in the top 50 of merchandise sales

https://www.nflpa.com/players/fy19-q1-top50-player-sales-list

5.  I live in the area, there's a lot more at stake here then a couple draft picks we might screw up as well.  We cant keep saying to get more picks if Bruce either drafts. Let's or guys that keep getting hurt, because that's going to screw us even more then what I'm talking about.

1.  No I don't need to let this go.  I was 100% on board with that decision back in 2012, even though I knew it was a huge risk.  It didn't work out, we lost a franchise QB along with draft picks that could have been used on low risk picks (o-line/d-line) and help re-build the team. 

2.  If.  He could be a bust or the next big thing.  We went all in once and got burned.  Going all in for Haskins would cost even more picks than the RGIII trade.  Huge difference in moving up from #15 to whatever than moving up from #6 to #2.   

3.  We both agree that Bruce is one of the biggest problems as far as turning this franchise into the Titanic.  Again, it goes back to having to move up high enough.  Of course this is pure speculation, but lets say it cost us the same as the RGIII trade to move up plus one more additional 1st round pick (So swapping 2019 first round picks and they get our 2019 second round pick, 2020 1st, 2021 1st and 2022 1st).  That made me cringe just typing that out.......So you don't trust Bruce with those future draft picks but you trust giving away those picks for him to have to draft legit starters in the second and later rounds at positions of need?  

If he sucks at drafting and we make it even harder by eliminating a chance at snagging some stud first round talent by giving up 2+ future first round picks, what makes you think he won't screw up the picks in the 2nd round, 3rd round, etc. etc. etc.?  What's going to happen when Trent Williams goes down again, along with our other linemen and we are stuck with a patchwork line again.  Or we don't have any weapons for him to throw to.  List goes on.

4.  It's nice to have top players and jersey sales.  That goes hand in hand with winning.  The only way we are going to get back to that is a complete overhaul of the entire front office and coaching staff, hire team pres and GM that have no ties to the organization and for Dan to sit back and let football people handle it.  That isn't going to happen anytime soon.  

5.  See my #4 - pretty much sums it up.  

I respect your opinion and thoughts on this topic, I just don't agree with them.  

11 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

You're being too sensitive on that one and I've been trying to explain this entire thread exactly what i just said on that one, so not suprised you took it that way because no one is listening to me anyway.  The fan base is dying, nowhere is it more apparent then right here in the DC area.  I know you know, but that was my last plea to get yall to see how bad this is and why we need to do something like this.  Apparently that does not matter, we are going to stay stuck in what should do knowing we wont do it without asking if doing it yalls way doesnt work.  This may have to wait until the combine when the calls for this guy being what we need becomes deafining.

You can make your point without questioning if people are aware just because they do not live there. Immaterial point. Moving on.

As you acknowledge, I am very well aware of the apathy and disgust many fans have for the team. Yes, the fan base is dying - as it should with this type of ownership. I for one say bring it on. It is the only possible way Dan will either sell or give in and do it right. Is it likely he will do either? No. But it will just delay the full crash that is certain to happen - or worse keep us just barely afloat going on for years by making panic moves - which is what I see making a big play for one of the top QBs in this draft. That's not even taking into account this is not a good draft for QBs. Let's hit rock bottom then rebuild.  The secondary benefit is that someone else takes a chance on a maybe. History shows that he large majority will be very disappointing. 

Do I have to quote myself? Said it's not taken as seriously by teams with elite QBs as teams without.  Them losing a lick doesnt negate that they have no fear of trading down, losing them or outright trading them because they dont have to waste one every 4 years on a QB or lose multiple trading up for one.  You think cowboys send a first rounder for Cooper if they didnt have Dak?  They made it to second round of the playoffs this year, they arent not sweating this like we are right now.  It's not that dont find it important, they are jus in different situation because they are trying to get a  franchise QB what what he needs to be successful instead of trying to find a franchise wb

You're missing my point. I get it. When you have a franchise QB you have some more flexibility. NE was able to overcome botching 1st rd picks or losing them to the NFL. But I can promise you they still want them - and badly. They had two last yr. NE was jsut a bad example. 

The cowboys are a better example. What I will say there is they felt they were a player away from being very competitive. They were right to a certain extent. But we are not QB away from being competitive. 

You wont go anywhere without a QB, though.

i think I said that, didn't I? Anyway, I (and many others) get your point - I just 100% disagree. I do not want them spending huge resources on a maybe QB when the rest of the team is ****. 

Don't get me wrong - it's a good conversation and I am glad you started the thread. In the end though we will have to agree to disagree. I am not changing my mind here - and you are not either. But that's OK. We will see what they actually do. 

To that end, I would bet they will do something more like you want than me. So at least you will get to see if it works. I will be left to wonder....  :cheers:

16 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

1.  No I don't need to let this go.  I was 100% on board with that decision back in 2012, even though I knew it was a huge risk.  It didn't work out, we lost a franchise QB along with draft picks that could have been used on low risk picks (o-line/d-line) and help re-build the team. 

You can certainly look at the standpoint that it did not work, but it's really not right to ignore if it did.  Its not like this hasnt worked for other teams, that particular case that didnt work for us, but I'd like to see anybody with a straight face say if it did work they still wouldnt of done the trade.  Can you? Please step forward to the front of congregation.

2.  If.  He could be a bust or the next big thing.  We went all in once and got burned.  Going all in for Haskins would cost even more picks than the RGIII trade.  Huge difference in moving up from #15 to whatever than moving up from #6 to #2.   

We went through point system a couple pages back, it would be an extra third round pick to do with what we did for RG3 trade plus a player.  Id trade one of either CT, Reed, or Guice in a heartbeat given they are young talented players that cant stay healthy.  Hell, why not package all of them so this costs us less picks and cap space?

3.  We both agree that Bruce is one of the biggest problems as far as turning this franchise into the Titanic.  Again, it goes back to having to move up high enough.  Of course this is pure speculation, but lets say it cost us the same as the RGIII trade to move up plus one more additional 1st round pick (So swapping 2019 first round picks and they get our 2019 second round pick, 2020 1st, 2021 1st and 2022 1st).  That made me cringe just typing that out.......So you don't trust Bruce with those future draft picks but you trust giving away those picks for him to have to draft legit starters in the second and later rounds at positions of need?  

Yall are killing many, how many times I gotta tell yall i dont trust him with either?  If its agreed that Haskins is worth trading up for, and that's what people making mock drafts are starting to say and it's getting louder, then I'm listening to them, not Bruce.  Why do yall trust him to not draft more players in later rounds with injury histories which is his m.o. now?

If he sucks at drafting and we make it even harder by eliminating a chance at snagging some stud first round talent by giving up 2+ future first round picks, what makes you think he won't screw up the picks in the 2nd round, 3rd round, etc. etc. etc.?  What's going to happen when Trent Williams goes down again, along with our other linemen and we are stuck with a patchwork line again.  Or we don't have any weapons for him to throw to.  List goes on.

What's going to happen to this team and franchise if in 2-3 we dont have a young franchise QB and still talking about if only our players could stay healthy?

4.  It's nice to have top players and jersey sales.  That goes hand in hand with winning.  The only way we are going to get back to that is a complete overhaul of the entire front office and coaching staff, hire team pres and GM that have no ties to the organization and for Dan to sit back and let football people handle it.  That isn't going to happen anytime soon.  

I am trying my best not to be infuriated that's the microscope view of the point I made there, after everything I've said so far in this thread and in my OP.  I was at the eagles game at fedex, we do NOT have as much time as yall think we do, we dont, I'm pulling the fire alarm here and everyone keeps telling me the last one wasn't a fire even though there is one now.  This is bad, this is really really bad.

5.  See my #4 - pretty much sums it up.  

I respect your opinion and thoughts on this topic, I just don't agree with them.  

I do, too, and I want to keep having this convo with yall as long as we can keep it cordial.  I'm not the enemy here.

Please, please, for the love of God, can we stop talking about what this franchise should do to build this team right knowing this front office wont do it? I feel like looking at this front office as what would work considering who they are versus who we want them to be.  What I want them to be does not matter, they've made that absolutely clear bringing them all back despite their track record, they are who they are.

59 minutes ago, Wyvern said:

Mainly, I ask myself, how many truly great QBs have come out of Ohio State?  Is Haskins going to be the exception?  If so, could he really flourish to his full potential of NFL QB, as a Washington Redskin? 

That's a fair question that I asked myself as well.  To me, if Urban Meyer said he had to change his offe se because it didnt make sense to nit take advantage if how good a passer he is, that speaks volumes to me.  If we can agree hed be a great fit in Jay's offense, which is something Jay has never really had here, that has to matter. 

This isnt jus any QB I'm talking about, hes also from here, I believe hed be a great fit here.  I think we'll know more when combine comes.  We .ight not have to trade up to #1 now that I heard the Heisman winner just declared for draft as well, but I want Haskins here, he'd be perfect here. 

1 hour ago, Veryoldschool said:

Well, I didn't intend it to be a response to an individual but clearly, I didn't think it through since you suggested the idea so I apologize.  I don't have an opinion about Haskins, I only saw him play 1 game and he looked okay.  My problem is with the Skins who I don't trust to evaluate properly.

You dont have to other people are saying hed be a great fit as well. 

If they spent several 1st round draft choices again to trade up for a QB I am positive the guy would suck, absolutely certain.  One final thought, if you are an Ohio State fan and like Haskins why would you want the poor kid messed up like this?  Now that I think about it why would you want any promising young man messed up by the Redskins?  I take back my apology it is cruel and insensitive for you to wish this fate on young Haskins, I'm disgusted by you.  Go sit in the corner and think about how messed up this is and don't get up until you've seen the light.....

Refuse to lose, get used to it, and some more facts if you want to participate in this discussion.  I'm not interested in a pissing contest with you, I'm trying to save my favorite team.  If some of yall are not scared of sucking a couple more years, guess what I am, that's the disconnect.

29 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Don't get me wrong - it's a good conversation and I am glad you started the thread. In the end though we will have to agree to disagree. I am not changing my mind here - and you are not either. But that's OK. We will see what they actually do. 

To that end, I would bet they will do something more like you want than me. So at least you will get to see if it works. I will be left to wonder....  :cheers:

It's all good, man :cheers:

the truth is I dont know for certain this is going to work, I know it's a risk, the Griffin trade was a franchise killing risk that didnt outright bury us only because our 4th round QB turned into a quality starter out of nowhere.  But I'm also just as certain of what will happen if we dont do this and it doesnt work as some of yall are on what will happen if we do and its doesnt work. 

No one has said a word about what if Bruce screws up these draft picks I'm talking about trading to get Haskins plus we dont have a franchise QB to build around, I dont feel it's complete convo until that's addressed, but it can wait, we might not have to trade up that high if at all with Heisman winner declaring now.

I've never in my entire life seen a consistent winner here, so if I have choice between being safe and possibly losing for another 4-5 years or going for broke again and possibly losing for another 4-5 years, they arent as different to me as they should be.

And I apologize to anyone, including you, that might of been offended by my comments on not living in the area.  I knew there was no way to say that and people not take it the wrong way,  but I absolutely did not mean it maliciously or that yall were not aware at all.  I dont like dealing in absolutes, I jus wanted this treated with a different level of severity then saying we can do 2018 again or that it being worse in 2019 will somehow be better for the long run, I vehemently disagree on that.  

This is completely unsubstainable, and no, Snyder will run this franchise into the ground before he sells its hes that arrogant, so I have no hope for that or what this will look like if it gets to that point.  And you know me, it I say I dont have hope in something you know I mean it : (

2 minutes ago, Bigmuss1 said:

Change the thread title to:

Kyler anyone???

Theres already a thread about what to do about QB.  I said I'd wait to answer, then made my own thread for my answer.  I'm not against that discussion, but wont support it here, this is a Haskins thread, not a trade up for anyone thread.

Lol correct me if I’m wrong here, but i think @Veryoldschool wasn’t being serious about how you should be disgusted for wanting to wish Haskins (any young high-potential QB) to the redskins. I’m pretty sure that was his joking way of saying we shouldn’t wish any QB to get drafted to our bad football team :P and i also think he wasn’t directing the whole “**** no, are you out of your mind???” part at anyone either. Again, pretty sure that’s just him using humor :) 

Now, to add my opinion on the QB thing, if it were me I’d stay away from Haskins and just wait for the 2020 draft (tua/Fromm?). 

Newest CBS mock draft has Jaguars trading up to #2 for Haskins despite Murray declaring and us trading up for Lock.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2019-nfl-mock-draft-giants-land-kyler-murray-steelers-replace-antonio-brown-jaguars-redskins-trade-up-for-qb/

@Cooleyfan1993 I wasn't a fan of his transgressions in the tailgate, but that's a different topic all together...that I didn't forget.

I have a feeling Nick Foles and/or Joe Flacco are going to do us a favor and wind up on QB-needy teams that are picking before us.  I would say Foles to jacksonville and Flacco to Denver makes sense.  Miami has already stated they're going to tank for a shot at Tua next year.  Giants could possibly stick with Eli for at least one more season.  Could we get lucky for a third straight draft and have a player we want (Haskins) fall to our spot like Jonathan Allen and Derrius Guice did??  That would be pretty insane if that happened.

10 minutes ago, SkinsRx said:

I have a feeling Nick Foles and/or Joe Flacco are going to do us a favor and wind up on QB-needy teams that are picking before us.  I would say Foles to jacksonville and Flacco to Denver makes sense.  Miami has already stated they're going to tank for a shot at Tua next year.  Giants could possibly stick with Eli for at least one more season.  Could we get lucky for a third straight draft and have a player we want (Haskins) fall to our spot like Jonathan Allen and Derrius Guice did??  That would be pretty insane if that happened.

Thought crossed my mind, its very early, but entirely possible.  Things have funny way of working themselves out sometimes

2 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

1.  You can certainly look at the standpoint that it did not work, but it's really not right to ignore if it did.  Its not like this hasnt worked for other teams, that particular case that didnt work for us, but I'd like to see anybody with a straight face say if it did work they still wouldnt of done the trade.  Can you? Please step forward to the front of congregation.

2.  went through point system a couple pages back, it would be an extra third round pick to do with what we did for RG3 trade plus a player.  Id trade one of either CT, Reed, or Guice in a heartbeat given they are young talented players that cant stay healthy.  Hell, why not package all of them so this costs us less picks and cap space?

3.  are killing many, how many times I gotta tell yall i dont trust him with either?  If its agreed that Haskins is worth trading up for, and that's what people making mock drafts are starting to say and it's getting louder, then I'm listening to them, not Bruce.  Why do yall trust him to not draft more players in later rounds with injury histories which is his m.o. now?

4.  going to happen to this team and franchise if in 2-3 we dont have a young franchise QB and still talking about if only our players could stay healthy?

5.  I am trying my best not to be infuriated that's the microscope view of the point I made there, after everything I've said so far in this thread and in my OP.  I was at the eagles game at fedex, we do NOT have as much time as yall think we do, we dont, I'm pulling the fire alarm here and everyone keeps telling me the last one wasn't a fire even though there is one now.  This is bad, this is really really bad.

I do, too, and I want to keep having this convo with yall as long as we can keep it cordial.  I'm not the enemy here.

Please, please, for the love of God, can we stop talking about what this franchise should do to build this team right knowing this front office wont do it? I feel like looking at this front office as what would work considering who they are versus who we want them to be.  What I want them to be does not matter, they've made that absolutely clear bringing them all back despite their track record, they are who they are.

1.  Where did I ever say that I wouldn't have done the RGIII trade again if it had worked?  I said I was 100% on board at the time, even though I thought it was a risk.  

2.  I don't put too much value in that point system, it's just on paper.  Heck, anyone can manipulate the point system on paper to fit what outcome they desire.  Doesn't mean any team is willing to accept the trade offer.  Most likely, teams are going to ask for more than what some point system is listed.  I doubt any team would want any of those injury prone players in a trade, just my opinion.

3.   When I stated that I did not want to give up any more future 1st round picks in a trade to move up and instead use those picks on areas of need, you stated that you did not trust Bruce to make good selections.  My point is that you have no problem giving up first round picks based on that but we all know that depending on the position drafted, there is a higher probability that he would hit on a first rounder as opposed to one in later rounds where we would have to pick.

4.  Build through the draft and solidify the trenches and other areas of need.  Draft the QB if you get lucky enough to get a top 5 pick the next few years. 

5.   Sometimes things need to get that bad in order for them to get better.  Unfortunately we have an owner who is oblivious and doesn't seem to see that right now.  

6.  I don't think we should stop talking about what the FO needs to do to build the team right.  Because they aren't doing it and it's not worked out any way they have tried in 20+ years.  And I don't think I wasn't being respectful or cordial and not sure where you got that I was calling you the enemy.  If you took my posts that way, then apologies man, not my intent.

@Dont Taze Me Bro I never said you did say you wouldn't support the Griffin trade if it worked, I asked if anyone would feel that way if it went down that way.  And no, I'm not offended at all by you or anyone in this conversation.

What's happening is people are coming at me either directly or indirectly in this conversation and it's very difficult because everyone has their own way of going about it while I'm trying to stay respectful and not pulled too far away from my original point.  I'm trying to stick to defending my point versus feeling I have to defend myself, but no, this is not easy trying to make sure if or when I gotta do both.  

Sometimes I wonder if this is the proper medium for something so obviously unpopular even if many are empathetic to the reasoning behind it.  This one just kept eating at me, I had to do it.

I don't trust the point system either, but some have pointed out that a lot of GMs do, so its closest we have to go on versus me throwing darts to try and make my case on what that trade might look like (which is still very much up in the air now).  There is a huge difference between trading up to the #1 overall pick or the Jaguars pick.  Of those three guys I mentioned wanting to trade, those are the ones I wouldn't just cut, that even if we get a little we should try to get something before their value drops any further (or in CT's case we either have to pay him or let him leave for free).

Yes, there is a higher probability Bruce will hit with a first rounder then any other round, which is another reason I'm suprised anyone would use this in the same sentence of not trusting Bruce at all to pick a QB.  There's a lot of different voices on this one, but when you drill right down to it, I do believe most people just don't want to trade up to get a QB first and foremost, either consciously or subconsciously, everything is going to come back to how bad that Griffin trade went, and understandably so.  I feel like I'm being a little more realistic on this considering what and who we are actually dealing with here in regards to Bruce then I'm getting credit for, but that Griffin trade is just too recent a burn to expect anyone to dive headfirst into another trade like that like I am.  I understand, but I'm likely not going to change my mind until something like the combine results force me to.

I just hope we're all on the same page with what's at stake here if either side on this issue gets their way and its wrong, think that would be this franchise's event horizon.

3 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

We went through point system a couple pages back, it would be an extra third round pick to do with what we did for RG3 trade plus a player.  Id trade one of either CT, Reed, or Guice in a heartbeat given they are young talented players that cant stay healthy.  Hell, why not package all of them so this costs us less picks and cap space?

Hate to keep harping on this but the general consensus was that Griffin was a blue chip player, the general consensus is that Haskins isn't. So there is no way it would be a smart move to pay close to what it cost us to get Griffin never mind paying even more.

4 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Hate to keep harping on this but the general consensus was that Griffin was a blue chip player, the general consensus is that Haskins isn't. So there is no way it would be a smart move to pay close to what it cost us to get Griffin never mind paying even more.

I don't agree with this logic considering what matters at this level versus high school.

28 minutes ago, nonniey said:

I dont know what you mean by blue chip player, RG3 had the Heisman hype and all-world speed, neither of which turned out to be important to being an NFL QB.  Haskins should have won the Heisman but the voters decided that before his last few games, when he lit up (good) competition in ways that made  NFL scouts sit up and take note. 

The media has been slower than the NFL scouts have been to take notice, but in general NFL scouts are salivating over this guy --  more so  than RG3 because Haskins has the traits NFL scouts traditionally look for -- accurate, strong arm, quick release, gets the ball out quickly, decisive, natural feel for the pocket, and big enough to absorb hits.  The only hesitation on him is his lack experience. However, considering how high a level he was playing at the end of the year, against some of the best defenses in college-, there maay really be no point to another year in college as has already learned and mastered QB at the college level and now needs to play against better competition (i.e. NFL) in order to continue progressing.

As for being a blue chip player -- the scouts consensus is that he'd have a  strong chance to be the #1 pick  in 2020 (meaning they like him more than Tua or Fromm). or a top 5 pick and first QB taken this year.  Point is, scouts feel that the best NFl prospect from the college ranks is Dwayne Haskins -- not Murray, not Tua, not Fromm -- Dwayne Haskins.  THere is no better QB prospect on the horizon, now the question is what are we willing to pay for that. 

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 9:31 AM, Anselmheifer said:

It works for lots of teams. And we are better than most teams that draft an elite QB, historically speaking. That's why we are picking 15th and not 3rd. I don't know why so many forum members have the belief that most elite QB's are drafted by teams that are better than us. Looking at passing yards, 6 out the top 10 QB's were top 5 picks. That means, by definition, that 6 of the top 10 QB's were chosen by teams with a worse roster than we have. Especially since we are only picking 15th because we were decimated by injuries. 

Haskins isn't worth moving up for. To me he's a 2nd rounder, along with the rest of these QB's of the upcoming draft.

7 hours ago, nonniey said:

That isn't the general consensus. I can understand why people don't want to give up assets. I don't agree, but I understand. 

I really don't undertand what Makes Tua/Fromm better as prospects. Neither really had better stats this year and Tua stunk it up in the last two games in which he played. He was not good against Georgia prior to his 4th quarter injury. Hurts came in and won the game. Tua also sucked against Clemson. Haskins did play against some tough defenses and had no real stinkers. He has a great arm, is a quick study, can throw into tight windows, is accurate, and has the size you want. Haskins could easily be better than any QB in next year's draft.

2 minutes ago, Bonez3 said:

Haskins is the best player in this draft, head and shoulders. He's basically Cam Newton with better football IQ and passing ability.

He's not even the best QB in this draft...

Nowhere near the legs Cam Newton has. Terrible comparison. He's closer to Jason Campbell then he is Cam Newton.

Kyler Murray is the best QB in this draft and if not for his height, he'd be #1 overall.

28 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

Nowhere near the legs Cam Newton has. Terrible comparison. He's closer to Jason Campbell then he is Cam Newton.

Kyler Murray is the best QB in this draft and if not for his height, he'd be #1 overall.

Kyler Murray will be the best QB in the CFL. Haskins is day 1 starter in NFL. Kid has a football IQ of Luck and absolutely can move out of pocket when necessary. Further, he is a pass first, read the D QB. 

22 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

How is he like Jason Campbell? Arm is better. Ability to read a defense is better. Stats are incomparably better. Was better in his first year of play than Jason Campbell was in any year of play. Let's just pick a bunch of black QB's to compare him to. I think he's like Jameis Winston without all of the interceptions and the personality disorder. Just looking down the list of the top 10 NFL passers by yardage, and selecting guys that are mobile enough, but not overly so, maybe Haskins is Matty Ice with better college stats. Maybe he's Philip Rivers. 

https://sports.theonion.com/donovan-mcnabb-has-perfect-game-for-a-black-quarterback-1819569357

Just now, Bonez3 said:

Kyler Murray will be the best QB in the CFL. Haskins is day 1 starter in NFL. Kid has a football IQ of Luck and absolutely can move out of pocket when necessary. Further, he is a pass first, read the D QB. 

I wouldn't personally start him Day 1... His footwork needs some major improvement. He had a ton of talent to work with at OSU and in a terrible QB draft class he's been overvalued. 

Murray, would start day 1 in the NFL.

Just now, Anselmheifer said:

How is he like Jason Campbell? Arm is better. Ability to read a defense is better. Stats are incomparably better. Was better in his first year of play than Jason Campbell was in any year of play. Let's just pick a bunch of black QB's to compare him to. I think he's like Jameis Winston without all of the interceptions and the personality disorder. Just looking down the list of the top 10 NFL passers by yardage, and selecting guys that are mobile enough, but not overly so, maybe Haskins is Matty Ice with better college stats. Maybe he's Philip Rivers. 

https://sports.theonion.com/donovan-mcnabb-has-perfect-game-for-a-black-quarterback-1819569357

well that sure is an appropriate response... considering my response was to someone comparing him to Cam Newton... 

You want an accurate comparison to fit your agenda.... Dwayne Haskins = Mitchell Trubisky without as much wheels....

Archived