Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HH: Coach Speculation Publication: STs Kaczor; DBs Horton; TEs Angelichio; ILBs Rob Ryan; OC OConnell; QBs Rattay; Tomsula $$$

Malapropismic Depository

As we predicted, they were just asking 4 different potential defensive coordinators for their opinion about what they thought of the Redskins defense, that's it.  Manusky was their man all along. 😁  I bet Bruce has already given Manusky a hug in case there was any misunderstanding. 

Keim kicks in here sooooo cynical.  And they wonder why Bruce doesn't like talking? The team just told everyone that they never really had any real interest in a new defensive coordinator -- and geez that pesky Keim challenges them anyway.  And Keim is typically the easy one and least cynical reporter who covers the team. 😁

2 hours ago, carex said:

Rag is such a great name for that trash.  People signed up with the Lions and the Browns and we are not worse than they were

Yes, we are. Browns future is bright and have completely changed their culture.  Lions have a better owner and a QB who can walk.

27 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Yes, we are. Browns future is bright and have completely changed their culture.  Lions have a better owner and a QB who can walk.

why can Redskins fans only see now and the 80s? 

Is there something dramatically different about coaches between now and the 00's?  Cause I'm pretty sure in the 00's there weren't people talking like the Browns and Lions would have difficulty filling out their coaching ranks?

Late in the season, verbal spats with safety DJ Swearinger might have undermined Manusky's status with the defense. But the team decided to release Swearinger, cementing the coach's authority. It also helped that emerging leader Jonathan Allen came out and vocally supported Manusky and his defensive schemes. 

At this point, the Redskins have no choice but to say the team was keeping Manusky all along.

If the organization was interested in other candidates at defensive coordinator, and it sure seemed like they were, those guys found other jobs. The marketplace isn't packed with other candidates with brighter resumes to replace Manusky, so the team is smart to bring back the incumbent. 

The process was awkward, regardless of what gets said now. Manusky is a professional, and has been coaching in the NFL for more than a decade. He understands how business gets done. 

Now, Manusky will be back, and there is good young talent on the Redskins defense, especially up front. 

The guess here is Manusky will say he always expected to be back and never stopped working on getting better for 2019. Now he gets the chance to show it. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/redskins-are-keeping-greg-manusky-and-they-swear-its-not-because-other-guys-said-no

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Late in the season, verbal spats with safety DJ Swearinger might have undermined Manusky's status with the defense. But the team decided to release Swearinger, cementing the coach's authority. It also helped that emerging leader Jonathan Allen came out and vocally supported Manusky and his defensive schemes. 

At this point, the Redskins have no choice but to say the team was keeping Manusky all along.

If the organization was interested in other candidates at defensive coordinator, and it sure seemed like they were, those guys found other jobs. The marketplace isn't packed with other candidates with brighter resumes to replace Manusky, so the team is smart to bring back the incumbent. 

The process was awkward, regardless of what gets said now. Manusky is a professional, and has been coaching in the NFL for more than a decade. He understands how business gets done. 

Now, Manusky will be back, and there is good young talent on the Redskins defense, especially up front. 

The guess here is Manusky will say he always expected to be back and never stopped working on getting better for 2019. Now he gets the chance to show it. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/redskins-are-keeping-greg-manusky-and-they-swear-its-not-because-other-guys-said-no

This is the sad reality of the Redskins.  Again, in the end I believe the loss of fans, ticket sales etc. will eventually bring some kind of change.  Good or bad remains to be determined.  

SIP, Chad Grimm has been hired by the Bucs and our MLB coach is interviewing with the Pack.  You probably already know though.  To me, Allen and the owner shouldn't hold the coaches hostage.  Once their contract is over with they will be gone and the bridge will have been burnt.  Allen and Snyder just don't get it.

Folks I can't copy/paste tweets in post but anyway Allbright is saying he's about 100% sure Callahan will be leaving Washington for Cincy.  Take it for what it is.  I'd post it if I could but can't.  Also saw a tweet where supposedly Skins are trying to re-sign Tomsula to a new contract but that he might look elsewhere so just passing things along since I can post these tweets.  Sorry.

So they hire some new business operations guys and fire them within eight months. = Fail.

They sign a new QB to a bloated, fully guaranteed contract (after vastly overpaying and losing the previous QB). = Fail.

They attempt to sign a new DC while the existing one is still in place. = Classless Fail.

What a no-good bunch of ****s.

6 minutes ago, London Kev said:

They attempt to sign a new DC while the existing one is still in place. = Classless Fail.

What a no-good bunch of ****s.

I ageee with the rest of what you said. But this...to me, they’re pretty much in a **** if you do, **** if you don’t type of situation.  If they fire manusky and then attempt to hire a defensive coordinator but get rejected by everybody (as they have, it turns out) then people would be complaining either way🤷🏻‍♂️

The Redskins' feelings toward Manusky at this moment can best be summed by Survivor's lyrics to "The Search Is Over"

"The search is over
You were with me all the while"

If I had the time, I'd make a parody, but...Full Lyrics :

How can I convince you what you see is real
Who am I to blame you for doubting what you feel
I was always reachin', you were just a girl I knew
I took for granted the friend I have in you

I was living for a dream,
Loving for a moment
Taking on the world,
That was just my style
Now I look into your eyes
I can see forever,
The search is over
You were with me all the while

Can we last forever, will we fall apart
At times it's so confusing, these questions of the heart
You followed me through changes, and patiently you'd wait
Till I came to my senses, through some miracle of fate

I was living for a dream,
Loving for a moment
Taking on the world,
That was just my style
Now I look into your eyes
I can see forever,
The search is over
You were with me all the while

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I ageee with the rest of what you said. But this...to me, they’re pretty much in a **** if you do, **** if you don’t type of situation.  If they fire manusky and then attempt to hire a defensive coordinator but get rejected by everybody (as they have, it turns out) then people would be complaining either way🤷🏻‍♂️

I get your point, but did it really need to be so public? Also, maybe they wouldn't have been rejected had there actually been a vacant position to interview for.

35 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Folks I can't copy/paste tweets in post but anyway Allbright is saying he's about 100% sure Callahan will be leaving Washington for Cincy.  Take it for what it is. 

Yea but the 'ol Red Snapper didn't mention if the Skins would block it, since Callahan allegedly is under contract, and Mr Allbright is saying it would just be a lateral move. Internet is full of rumors, but noone is confirming contract status.

8 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Yea but the 'ol Red Snapper didn't mention if the Skins would block it, since Callahan allegedly is under contract, and Mr Allbright is saying it would just be a lateral move.

Thanks for posting, MD.  IF Callahan can't go this year they will hire him next year or he'll just walk.  Again, I know that other teams don't allow assistant coaches to interview for a lateral but it's been mentioned too many times how much Callahan is disappointed with the FO.  So a burnt bridge between our FO and Callahan and whatever other coaches on this team.

37 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Folks I can't copy/paste tweets in post but anyway Allbright is saying he's about 100% sure Callahan will be leaving Washington for Cincy.  Take it for what it is.  I'd post it if I could but can't.  Also saw a tweet where supposedly Skins are trying to re-sign Tomsula to a new contract but that he might look elsewhere so just passing things along since I can post these tweets.  Sorry.

I wouldn't worry one second about Callahan moving on.  I think he's a really good coach but I think we all know he overworks the Oline.  Staying after practice day after day takes a toll and it shows with all the injuries across the Oline.

Tomsula on the other hand...I would offer him anything he wanted.  He has a front row seat at the combine running drills for the Dline, he gets the most out of his defensive line and I would make him defensive coordinator mid season if Manusky has another midseason meltdown.

50 minutes ago, London Kev said:

They sign a new QB to a bloated, fully guaranteed contract (after vastly overpaying and losing the previous QB). = Fail.

It wasn't fully guaranteed.

26 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Yea but the 'ol Red Snapper didn't mention if the Skins would block it, since Callahan allegedly is under contract, and Mr Allbright is saying it would just be a lateral move. Internet is full of rumors, but noone is confirming contract status.

That's not the Red Snapper lol...but this guy also thinks Tannehill ends up in Cincinnati and Andy Dalton ends up here.

3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I'm thinking minus $12 million (insurance policy enacted by Skins) but still a lot of money.  

The Smith contract terms were 4 years/$94M. $55M was fully guaranteed.

Another $16M was to become fully guaranteed on the 5th day of the 2019 season. However, I think that additional $16M also would become fully guaranteed in the case of injury--meaning, if the Skins can't cut him due to injury in order to not pay him his 2020 salary. They wold still owe it.

Archived