Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HH: Coach Speculation Publication: STs Kaczor; DBs Horton; TEs Angelichio; ILBs Rob Ryan; OC OConnell; QBs Rattay; Tomsula $$$

Malapropismic Depository

Who are they going to replace him with? They've lost their damn minds..........what little "mind" they had to begin with. It's becoming far too easy to lose passion and interest in this moribund franchise. They just don't have a clue, do they?!!?!?! I mean, this kid is a damn good coach...........why would they let him go? With a quickness, somebody's gonna pick him up. Damn, these people in Ashburn are stupid. Just plain DUMB.....Lamont Sanford dumb.

From the original poster:  Mike Klis is reporting this morning that the Redskins have shown interest in Denver Broncos DC Joe Woods to become their new Defensive Backs Coach. That position has been held by Torrian Gray for the last two seasons, but he has reportedly been let go. Gray was highly touted when he came to the Redskins in 2017, but there have been communication (and other) problems in the secondary. 

Watch Woods be Plan B for DC now that Bowles is DC in TB.

12 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Disfunction.  You clean out the entire D and leave your D Line coach.  You hire a DC and let him pick his coaches.  Redskins=disfunction. 

You figure its a little of a pickle now if one of the options is to keep Manusky because Manusky knows they wanted to replace him.  The weird thing  is according to beat guys, they may keep Manusky, they may not.  they are more likely to move on.

If so then they are actually chasing other D coordinators and if they don't land them they tell Manusky hey your job is safe now?  Weird.

Also weird about chasing assistants for the D staff before the head coordinator is finalized

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

You figure its a little of a pickle now if one of the options is to keep Manusky because Manusky knows they wanted to replace him.  The weird thing  is according to beat guys, they may keep Manusky, they may not.  they are more likely to move on.

If so then they are actually chasing other D coordinators and if they don't land them they tell Manusky hey your job is safe now?  Weird.

Also weird about chasing assistants for the D staff before the head coordinator is finalized

Reminds me of the Zorn situation a little in terms of the incorrect way to fill a coaching staff.  I see we're back to re-inventing the wheel without knowing what a wheel is again.  

Bowles was a pipe-dream, no one is going to want to come be our DC when we go through them like used condoms and Jay has scapegoat taped to his back.  

We should just keep the coaching staff we have instead of firing them all and hoping to get a respectable DC, its not going to happen now.

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Reminds me of the Zorn situation a little in terms of the incorrect way to fill a coaching staff.  I see we're back to re-inventing the wheel without knowing what a wheel is again.  

Bowles was a pipe-dream, no one is going to want to come be our DC when we go through them like used condoms and Jay has scapegoat taped to his back.  

We should just keep the coaching staff we have instead of firing them all and hoping to get a respectable DC, its not going to happen now.

I am ok with Jay but I see him as a lame duck coach, this team I think is going to have a down year next season.  If so, the reboot is happening anyway.  Look at Gregg Williams situation right now in Cleveland.  The dude might be out of a job and have to move on because of turnover.

I was actually ok with Todd Bowles not coming here mainly for this reason -- I don't think he's a good head coach and if they let Jay go after 2019 I think they will have limited  interest from head coaching prospects so I can see them falling back to Bowles.

If beat guys are correct and Dan-Bruce think that serving Manusky on a platter and replacing him with a bigger name will satisfy the fans clamoring for a change -- I think they are in for a rude awakening.  And if so, its amusing to see them try and thus far strike out.  One common narrative I hear is that Bruce-Dan still think this is a  cornerstone and respected franchise where nothing has been diminished another their leadership and this is an attractive place for coaches -- if so they made be in for a rude awakening.

Gregg Williams would be a big get.  But I think Dan burned a bridge there but i don't know.  Otherwise who else?  Wilks, Joseph?  

@Skinsinparadise I don't think it matters who they get as DC because of exactly what you just said.  

Our front office has learned nothing from this and will likely make another mistake they didn't learn from to compound trying to cover for this one.  You said rude awakening twice, that second Philly road game to close the season should all about prove they are either sleep walking or in an alternate reality.  

It would nice to get a better DC, but really, if they are any good, they'll just use us as a springboard to get elsewhere, which is what Bowles would've done.  I really don't care what playcaller they get because of the same reason, they can't keep bringing Jay back and expecting different results.  

The only way this franchise turns around at this rate is to hit on a franchise QB to help hide everything else we get wrong.  

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Ughh. Our coaching staff is going to be basically the same, isn’t it....there’s no good to great DC that will want to be a part of this mess!! Whoever we get will suck just as much!!!! **** it all. Next seasons going to suck. 

The best we can hope for is the healthy version of what the coaching staff wanted this team to be.  Of course, our secondary and QB situation will likely be worse, but why be negative?  Next season could be the start of great things!

Spoiler

<sarcasm>

14 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

@Skinsinparadise 

The only way this franchise turns around at this rate is to hit on a franchise QB to help hide everything else we get wrong.  

Yeah I've hit on the same point.    Some have made the point over the years that the problem with this team is that it never crashes really.    We've never had the good luck to both crash and it to be in a year where there is a bonafide stud going #1 or #2 in the draft except for RG3 but we gave up a kings ransom for him and in retrospect the dude was risky.  I don't see a similar risk in Tua, Lawrence.  Heck I am still even into Fromm even though some have gotten off of that bandwagon.

I've said this before, I like Seinfeld but its not my fav show but its amazing how many analogies I can pull from that series to this team.   And to the point from this excerpt instead of whining about Bruce's moves this off season am going to embrace them.  no more complaining about bargain basement JAG FA signings -- this year I'll celebrate every one of them.  We went 1-6 in the home stretch and could have easily gone 0-7.  We got romped by the Giants and Eagles from within our division.  I think I sense maybe we have a shot at one of those special bad seasons that our team desperately needs.   I am not a Jay critic like many are but I do think he will contribute to this in a major way because I sense a narrative that this team will be fine because of Colt.  I think he's wrong on that front.  Will see. 

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yeah I've hit on the same point.    Some have made the point over the years that the problem with this team is that it never crashes really.    We've never had the good luck to both crash and it to be in a year where there is a bonafide stud going #1 or #2 in the draft except for RG3 but we gave up a kings ransom for him and in retrospect the dude was risky. 

I think I sense maybe we have a shot at once of those special bad seasons that our team desperately needs.   I am not a Jay critic like many are but I do think he will contribute to this in a major way because I sense a narrative that this team will be fine because of Colt.  I think he's wrong.  Will see. 

I was talking with @Art the other day about how for the sake of the franchise we need to go all in to try and get Haskins.  Now that he's declared, I don't care what we have to give up, he said we wants to play for the Giants, this absolutely CANNOT HAPPEN.

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I was talking with @Art the other day about how for the sake of the franchise we need to go all in to try and get Haskins.  Now that he's declared, I don't care what we have to give up, he said we wants to play for the Giants, this absolutely CANNOT HAPPEN.

We should now go get him now in part for spite.  Tired seeing NY reporters talk about Haskins like he already is a Giant.  Now that tweet.  What next?

8 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

It is settled then.

Wonder if they really try some blockbuster deal for the dude, am doubting it because of how the RG3 deal backfired.    Judging by buzz on twitter there is thought that Arizona will trade their first pick to whomever wants Haskins and if not SF, so teams would have to trade up. 

Talk about having bad seasons and the benefit of them -- Giants get a Hall of fame type RB last year and now are the team best positioned to get the best QB in the draft -- wow.  

I think among many other things that Dan-Bruce get wrong -- going 7-9, 8-8 is worst for the long term of the franchise as opposed to 3-13.    We don't need to do whatever we can to eke by -- see the Alex Smith trade.  Reboot when the team isn't set to be a threat for a SB.  

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

We should now go get him now in part for spite.  Tired seeing NY reporters talk about Haskins like he already is a Giant.  Now that tweet.  What next?

Remember, Shurmer's son is available in the draft.  He a developmental type guy but his stats weren't bad.  Something to keep an eye on.

2 minutes ago, Tay said:

Chris Russell was on with Dukes earlier and mentioned that Tomsula wanted out because of the circus.

Can understand.  Makes sense.  Could be that Gray left on his own accord to instead of it being reported he was fired/released.

Just now, RWJ said:

Remember, Shurmer's son is available in the draft.  He a developmental type guy but his stats weren't bad.  Something to keep an eye on.

Yeah I watched one of his games when his Dad was in the stands and they kept panning to him, I gather the Giants had a bye week that Saturday.    Probably 6th-7th rounder.

If I had to predict right now, they either take Grier in the first (considered right now by most as a 2nd rounder by most but he might elevate himself in the draft process) or Rypien with their first third round pick.

5 hours ago, ExoDus84 said:

Not surprising. Secondary has played like absolute ass during his tenure, for whatever reason. A new voice and fresh eyes couldn't hurt. Manusky is the next one that needs to go.

Also, for the sake of all that is holy, ship Bruce Allen off to a frozen Siberian gulag.

I'm ready for my kool-aid

Archived