Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HH: Coach Speculation Publication: STs Kaczor; DBs Horton; TEs Angelichio; ILBs Rob Ryan; OC OConnell; QBs Rattay; Tomsula $$$

Malapropismic Depository

Dan probably going right now to Bruce what's the going rate for D coordinators right now, Bruce goes 1 million, but Dan we are the Redskins its a privilege for anyone to coach here, lets give Gregg a $500,000 take it or leave it offer.  And if he won't take it, good riddance!

I jest here a little but the reputation for the Redskins at least with some national observers  in recent years is they've become cheap compared to most.  So I wonder about them versus the Jets for the dude because the old school Dan would outbid the Jets but the new school Dan would get outbid.   For me the money part of this is one of multiple variables that's fascinating about it.

As for them poking at Bowles and Wilks previously without getting that deep, I'd presume its to gauge his interest and maybe learn what they want financially. 

5 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

This whole thing does seem really, really backwards...i wonder what manusky is thinking about the team trying to get Gregg in for an interview while he (manusky) is still the DC here...I’d be beyond angry 😂😂😂

Yeah that's somewhat Keim's point among other things how does it look to his players to get that kind of vote of non-confidence -- hey we tried to get someone better but no one wanted to come here so here's Manusky back to coach you guys.  I think you almost have to replace Manusky now otherwise it would be really weird. 

I'd add the thing about this monetarily is its questionable whether they'd pay big or stop their practice of making coaches inherit guys on staff because they don't want to eat contracts.

https://riggosrag.com/2019/01/14/report-redskins-trying-to-schedule-last-minute-meeting-with-gregg-williams/

Also, because the Williams already has accepted the Jets offer (at least verbally), the Redskins would likely have to either pay more for Williams to come to the team or somehow convince him that returning to Washington would be a better move for his career. The monetary part may not be hard to do, but the team shouldn’t overpay to get his services. As for the better career move, the only argument the team has is that Williams could become the team’s interim coach if Jay Gruden struggles next year. That may be hard — and uncomfortable — to sell.

Williams would undoubtedly be a good fit in Washington, as his motivational tactics could have a big impact on the defense. However, the way that the Redskins are going about this situation is very strange, and it doesn’t seem that anything has been clearly communicated about the statuses of the coaches on their roster. That’s a major red flag for any coach looking to come here in the future, especially with the circus atmosphere surrounding the front office.

45 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

Good point.  I think it is already fairly well known around the league he tends to rub management the wrong way, possibly by disagreeing with his peers/colleagues, we don't know.  BUT he gets players to play for him.   To buy into his belief system. He inspires them.  It is a risk/reward and I think the reward side outweighs his less then charming personality.  

The issue is can he coexist with Bruce?   That is the problem here IMO.   I think it could possibly be the Scot McCloughan debacle all over again, perhaps minus the alcohol.  But it is still a potentially explosive situation.  

Double G seemed to get along with Gibbs for a while.

Is that because Gibbs can get along with just about anybody, though ?

Or is it an indication that GG must have some degree of moral character, to fit with a man of high moral standards ? Or maybe GG was on his best behavior ?

2 hours ago, Isifhan said:

I thought the one thing that the Redskins confirmed was that Jay would be back for next year?  Not saying with this FO especially that could be BS but it'd be yet another sign of crazy dysfunction. 

2 hours ago, KDawg said:

Sure. 

They may have.

Things change. Dan/Bruce could get desperate.

If they say Jay's job is safe, and then fire him in that same offseason, doesn't that make it even harder to attract decent coaches in the future ?

20 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

This whole thing does seem really, really backwards...i wonder what manusky is thinking about the team trying to get Gregg in for an interview while he (manusky) is still the DC here...I’d be beyond angry 😂😂😂

Or relieved that you may be out of the clown show for the time being.

It really is remarkable that the coaches and the players have been able to keep this team hovering around .500 with the amount of dysfunction going on in the front office. It's actually fairly impressive.

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

If they say Jay's job is safe, and then fire him in that same offseason, doesn't that make it even harder to attract decent coaches in the future ?

Sure. When has that stopped them?

I wonder what is going through Manusky's mind, reading the morning paper, or rather twitter and forums, that his employer is interviewing for his replacement while he is still employed there.

Coincidentally, I'm not the only one thinking that, since the post above me appeared at practically the same time as my post.

6 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I wonder what is going through Manusky's mind, reading the morning paper, or rather twitter and forums, that his employer is interviewing for his replacement while he is still employed there.

Coincidentally, I'm not the only one thinking that, since the post above me appeared at practically the same time as my post.

This is an actual photo of Manusky:

27140.gif

"PLLEEAAASSEEEEE"

This is hilarious. They're either going to end up with Gregg W, who will do everything he can to undermine Jay so he will be the next HC, or they will end with Manusky, who is now the NFL version of a cuck.

Bruce Allen and Dan Snyder keep coming up with new ways to fail on a professional and personal level. It's actually kind of impressive. 

Revenge is a dish best served cold.  😉  You rejected me, now i am rejecting you -- thanks for the leverage with the Jets, just got an extra $100,000 to seal the deal. 

11 minutes ago, Hooper said:

This is hilarious. They're either going to end up with Gregg W, who will do everything he can to undermine Jay so he will be the next HC, or they will end with Manusky, who is now the NFL version of a cuck.

Bruce Allen and Dan Snyder keep coming up with new ways to fail on a professional and personal level. It's actually kind of impressive. 

Yeah I see it somewhat like this too, if they land the fish I think Gregg ends up a nightmare for Dan, Bruce and Jay for different reasons.  Don't get me wrong, I'd love the hire but I don't see it ending well for a variety of reasons. 

Truthfully, I don't see the big issue unless they publicly come out and say they are looking for a replacement.  It sounds like they want to move in another direction long term rather than fire Manusky and then potentially promote someone from within that is a placeholder and going through another season of change at D until they do another search next year.  Sounds like there's only a few folks they are interested in and don't want to downgrade going into next year.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Revenge is a dish best served cold.  😉  You rejected me, now i am rejecting you -- thanks for the leverage with the Jets, just get an extra $100,000 to seal the deal. 

Wade Phillips did it, I'm sure Gregg would too.

3 minutes ago, Hooper said:

Why does Gregg even have to interview? I thought he had turned down numerous HC jobs without even interviewing! He has the letters to prove it!

Yeah his overblown ego would fit well with the culture there.  The difference is Gregg has actually been successful and doesn't seem to care about kissing up to Dan.   

3 minutes ago, steve09ru said:

Truthfully, I don't see the big issue unless they publicly come out and say they are looking for a replacement. .

And that's usually how it works in the business world, doesn't it ?

If an employer wants to replace one of their workers, I believe they start interviewing candidates before they fire the previous guy.

I'll bet there's even been cases where the guy who gets fired, first starts training the "new team member", not knowing he's training him

to take his place.

Archived