Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HH: Coach Speculation Publication: STs Kaczor; DBs Horton; TEs Angelichio; ILBs Rob Ryan; OC OConnell; QBs Rattay; Tomsula $$$

Malapropismic Depository

If they are indeed in talks with several targets at HC or GM, I could see an announcement during SB week if they are big names to try and get a PR win and accolades from the nfl mediots.  It would have to be big though.  Saban?  Parcells?  To a lesser extent Lincoln Riley.  Perhaps an Eliot Wolf for GM.

Hell I'm desperate for some move. 

Just saw Haslett was fired....please god no!   :)

11 hours ago, JCB said:

It’s weird. My public interactions with fans of other teams has shifted from mockery to pity on their part. 

My online interactions with Cowboys fans when we were 6-3 was that they wished they had Alex Smith, Dak was a bust that they were afraid Jerruh would stick them with long-term, that letting Callahan go was a huge mistake and you can see him working magic with the Skins using guys who were insurance salesmen a week ago while the Cowboys' highly drafted OLinemen have been inconsistent ever since he left, that Gruden was a better coach than the "ginger clapper" because he's somehow patching together practice squad guys and guys pulled off the street to still end up with a winning record while Garrett is constantly in "learning on the job" mode, and that the Skins would win the division since the NFC East was having a "down year".

It's amazing how much perceptions can change in a matter of weeks lol...

8 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

My online interactions with Cowboys fans when we were 6-3 was that they wished they had Alex Smith, Dak was a bust that they were afraid Jerruh would stick them with long-term, that letting Callahan go was a huge mistake and you can see him working magic with the Skins using guys who were insurance salesmen a week ago while the Cowboys' highly drafted OLinemen have been inconsistent ever since he left, that Gruden was a better coach than the "ginger clapper" because he's somehow patching together practice squad guys and guys pulled off the street to still end up with a winning record while Garrett is constantly in "learning on the job" mode, and that the Skins would win the division since the NFC East was having a "down year".

It's amazing how much perceptions can change in a matter of weeks lol...

Most Cowboys fans I come into contact with are dumbasses.  But I’ve never heard any Cowboy fan tell me they wish they had Alex Smith.  

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Most Cowboys fans I come into contact with are dumbasses.  But I’ve never heard any Cowboy fan tell me they wish they had Alex Smith.  

That's the difference between online interactions and real-life ones lol...dumbassery gets magnified online due to the anonymity of it all. And I think the 'wish we had Smith" comments were due to interacting with a Skins fan, and that for some reason Alex just seems to always win, regardless of what franchise he's playing for. Dak was throwing 160 yards per game at the time with a stout OLine, Ezekiel Elliott and a strong defense...and was losing like a mf'er. Smith was throwing 180 yards per game with a worse running game, injury-ravaged OLine, and a worse defense...and was helping the team win. Better to win ugly than lose ugly, and the Cowboys had some damn ugly losses.

I presume this is from Finley talking to Jay directly, Finley has Jay as a regular on his podcasts, etc.  I think Finley explained how he found out and whether it was directly from Jay but don't recall because frankly I didn't care.  But even if Jay told he's back, coaches have been fired after being told that so agree anything is possible.  But I do think its likely Jay is back considering we are getting deeper into January with every other team looking for new HC scrambling and filling in their spots.  Unless Dan has some old school Dan surprise type hiring -- maybe they are offering Saban 15 million a year as we speak 😀  I think last time Dan did a relatively late hire for HC it was Zorn unless am missing that one of the hires happened late. 

3 minutes ago, Reaper Skins said:

For anyone living in the DMV area, can you pose as a prospective buyer to maybe get a chance to talk to Dan a little, just weave the conversation to Redskins business as small talk and see where you can take it.  😀

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

But I do think its likely Jay is back considering we are getting deeper into January with every other team looking for new HC scrambling and filling in their spots.  

But again, you're discounting the "Search for a new DC while a DC is employed" factor here either way. 

If they can do that with a DC, they can do that with a HC. And being back in 2019 could mean "yeah, you're employed in 2019." *hangs up the phone with Jay and calls HC candidate, "Hey, just reaching out. Would you be interested in being the head coach of the Washington Redskins?"

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

But again, you're discounting the "Search for a new DC while a DC is employed" factor here either way. 

If they can do that with a DC, they can do that with a HC. And being back in 2019 could mean "yeah, you're employed in 2019." *hangs up the phone with Jay and calls HC candidate, "Hey, just reaching out. Would you be interested in being the head coach of the Washington Redskins?"

I am not ignoring anything.  I just said anything is possible including Jay could go even if they told Jay he's back.   

There was a ton of noise that they'd search for a new DC this off season starting from late last season.  No shocker its going on now.  HC would be a bit more of a surprise.  Your point is they can be doing the same at HC that they are doing at DC.  Sure, why not. 

But again the noise was extremely loud that what's taking place at DC would go actually go down.  Only surprise seems to be the method they are doing it -- interviewing people while he's still in house.   If its Jay, it would be more of a surprise.

I get that there is no way to know with the shroud of secrecy around the team so in that context anything is possible.   

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

That’s just it, though... is the WP reliable? No one knew about Kotwica. What’s their source on Jay? I’m not doubting that they heard from a source that he’s back. I’m sure they did. But how reliable is the source?

A lot of this stuff seems to be very fluid and dynamic. And there seems to be smoke screens left and right. 

My point is: If it doesn’t come directly from the Redskins, don’t trust it. And even if it does who knows :ols:

My opinion on what is happening:

- Local media guys contact both the Redskins and their sources to find out what's going on

- Redskins don't return calls (Bruce directive)

- Sources give what little they know

- Local media guys pass along a small percentage of it, focusing on the more click-baity tidbits...they're not sure much of it is worth mentioning without more verification

- Someone in the national media scoops the local guys and announces a Redskins move none of them knew about

- Local guys figure Bruce bypassed them with this info on purpose

- Local guys don't like being scooped, so they say "screw it" and start tweeting out all the stuff they've been told, no extra verification or investigation first, no matter whether or not they personally believe it, no matter whether or not the source has a good track record

- Skins fans suddenly become deluged with all sorts of info, assuming most (if not all) of it must be true because 1) a verified report from the national media was true so it gives a sense of validity to all reports, and 2) Skins fans are hungry for info

- The deluge of insider/sourced tweets gives the appearance of what many Skins fans already believed to be true--that Redskins are a chaotic, dysfunctional mess

- Local media guys see an upswing in clicks, so keep repeating the info that's gaining the most attention

- Local guys who aren't in the media and aren't that connected to the Skins start repeating some of the newly tweeted info as if they've heard the same thing from their "sources"

- National media doesn't really give a damn about extra info on the Skins probsbly because they cover a wide range of sports and Skins news doesn't rank as a huge click-generator, relatively speaking...so they don't put out any other tweets about the Skins unless it's far more verified

- ES goes bonkers because we're Extremeskins, that's what we do....

31 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I presume this is from Finley talking to Jay directly, Finley has Jay as a regular on his podcasts, etc.  I think Finley explained how he found out and whether it was directly from Jay but don't recall because frankly I didn't care.  But even if Jay told he's back, coaches have been fired after being told that so agree anything is possible.  But I do think its likely Jay is back considering we are getting deeper into January with every other team looking for new HC scrambling and filling in their spots.  Unless Dan has some old school Dan surprise type hiring -- maybe they are offering Saban 15 million a year as we speak 😀  I think last time Dan did a relatively late hire for HC it was Zorn unless am missing that one of the hires happened late. 

For anyone living in the DMV area, can you pose as a prospective buyer to maybe get a chance to talk to Dan a little, just weave the conversation to Redskins business as small talk and see where you can take it.  😀

I will I'll play an entrepreneur potato grower from Idaho and interested in moving to Maryland..haha..wish me luck!!

40 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

- Local media guys pass along a small percentage of it, focusing on the more click-baity tidbits...they're not sure much of it is worth mentioning without more verification

- Local guys don't like being scooped, so they say "screw it" and start tweeting out all the stuff they've been told

I don’t gather this at all considering most of the local guys I’ve heard say they’ve heard all types of stuff and only present the most consistent stuff that’s likely to have truth.  Keim was on the other day and while he’s with ESPN, I still consider him local as he’s a mainstay at the park, and he said pretty much verbatim what I said above.

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I don’t gather this at all considering most of the local guys I’ve heard say they’ve heard all types of stuff and only present the most consistent stuff that’s likely to have truth.  Keim was on the other day and while he’s with ESPN, I still consider him local as he’s a mainstay at the park, and he said pretty much verbatim what I said above.

Yeah, they say that until they're scooped by the national media lol...

Besides, if they did that, would there be so many times where their sourced info ends up being wrong? Russell admitted before that sources sometimes get things wrong or have agendas, and guys like him get burned because of it. Hardly sounds like there was some sort of thorough consistency test used before tweeting stuff, if that's the case. Sounds more like they trusted a singular source to be accurate. And with the rush to be first on insider info, it would surprise me if the local guys brushed off being first in favor of making sure each piece of info passed to them from their sources met a consistency test first. Hell, they could go the Skins route and do their due diligence on a piece of info after putting in the waiver claim on that info, so to speak lol...

Just now, Califan007 said:

Yeah, they say that until they're scooped by the national media lol...

Besides, if they did that, would there be so many times where their sourced info ends up being wrong? Russell admitted before that sources sometimes get things wrong or have agendas, and guys like him get burned because of it. Hardly sounds like there was some sort of thorough consistency test used before tweeting stuff, if that's the case. Sounds more like they trusted a singular source to be accurate. And with the rush to be first on insider info, it would surprise me if the local guys brushed off being first in favor of making sure each piece of info passed to them from their sources met a consistency test first. Hell, they could go the Skins route and do their due diligence on a piece of info after putting in the waiver claim on that info, so to speak lol...

The amount of information being floated seems significantly less than what’s actually being said, per Keim.  He indicated that he’s heard all types of stuff that he simply doesn’t feel comfortable putting out there right now.

At this point we’ve heard nothing concrete at all, nor has anyone, even Russell said as much.  Some folks are killing him for saying he heard Tomsula wants out yet his contract is up as if that’s the whole story.  There are plenty of possible scenarios where he could be unhappy here and still come back.  He’s got kids in school here, might not have any other options on the table to coach this season, it could be a hangup over money, or whatever else.  

Update on Joe Woods as D coordinator...

https://milehighsports.com/whos-coaching-with-vic-fangio-broncos-assistant-updates/

Defensively, Joe Woods has been allowed to take interviews with other teams per Klis. Apparently three teams are talking with Woods about potential defensive coordinator positions.

So, in all likelihood, Woods will be gone this year, too. Woods was brought in by Vance Joseph and coached the defense for the last two years. Denver, horrendously, gave up 323 rushing yards to the New York Jets this year and couldn’t even slow down, let alone stop, a single tight end the last two seasons.

I think the criticism of some of the local media guys is that they all missed the one genuine piece of news (Kotwica leaving) that has happened thus far. No one seemed to even know Kotwica was interviewing with other teams. And one of the "juicier" rumors that at least one of them floated out there was about the dissatisfaction of Callahan and Tomsula and how they wanted out. But when it was revealed Tomsula's contract is up, it severely hurt the credibility of that statement. Doesn't mean Callahan doesn't want out. Nor does it mean Tomsula enjoined his time here. But the rumor made it seem like Tomsula was begging to get out of his contract, which was clearly wrong. And then there was the Torrian Gray rumor. Which was at best premature and at worst flat wrong.

So what we can say is no one seems to know the full picture of what's going on or else the Kotwica news would have broken earlier. The info that is put out there is at best misleading and only partially accurate. But it does seem like a lot of people want to jump to conclusions based on the faulty info. Which is human nature, but is still flawed. I think the end conclusion here is no one really knows what's fully going on

3 hours ago, Califan007 said:

its a skill and an art lol...I've seen people pull hamstrings trying to "lol" because they thought it looked easy.

You sound qualified to be our new strength and conditioning coach...especially with all of our hiring process in disarray

31 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Update on Joe Woods as D coordinator...

https://milehighsports.com/whos-coaching-with-vic-fangio-broncos-assistant-updates/

Defensively, Joe Woods has been allowed to take interviews with other teams per Klis. Apparently three teams are talking with Woods about potential defensive coordinator positions.

So, in all likelihood, Woods will be gone this year, too. Woods was brought in by Vance Joseph and coached the defense for the last two years. Denver, horrendously, gave up 323 rushing yards to the New York Jets this year and couldn’t even slow down, let alone stop, a single tight end the last two seasons.

Joe Woods sounds more like Joe Barry.

10 minutes ago, KDawg said:

So Manusky it is. Congrats, big guy. They've tried to replace you and have failed thus far. But there's probably some quality control guy from the Tampa days that they can still hire. So hold on tight.

Looks like the Jets got him on first meeting if the reports are correct.  Old school Dan at least was the guy who typically was willing to pay the most.   I think those days are gone.  Like I said earlier, I would have been impressed if they landed Gregg for multiple reasons -- his rep, personality, and probably wanted good money -- none of which seems to be a fit for how they do business these days.  Maybe am missing a candidate but sounds like all the big names are about to be taken.

1 minute ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Its obviously possible there is something going on that we just dont know about yet, but pending that **** this team for not trying to get better after all of this crap. Manusky definitely isnt good enough.

The running theme is that they really don’t truly believe they need to get better, they’re just unlucky.

42 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The running theme is that they really don’t truly believe they need to get better, they’re just unlucky.

Yep that 6-3 was amazing.  I actually saw their last really big win in person in Tampa, I thought it was an ugly-lucky win as heck but apparently I was watching greatness and it was eluding me.

I think Dan is in for a rude awakening in 2019 that will make the fan issues in 2018 seems like the good old days.  I don't really blame Bruce and Jay for selling Dan the narrative that the team is close to the promised land.  They have to sell that to keep their jobs.  I blame Dan for having either an abysmally low football IQ or just having such a massive man crush on Bruce where he feels like they are BFFs forever.  I think what ultimately has to happen is the minority owners to step in after the 2019 season.

My only personal enjoyment about all of this is I think they are unintentionally headed for a Tank for Tua season.   The only thing that I like that they are doing right now thus far in my view is they are breaking up the 8-8 idea to something worse.  Granted there is plenty more time for this off season to unfold.  but that's how it looks to me right now.

Archived