Malapropismic Depository

HH: Coach Speculation Publication: STs Kaczor; DBs Horton; TEs Angelichio; ILBs Rob Ryan; OC OConnell; QBs Rattay; Tomsula $$$

Tim Rattay. Spent 5 years with the 49ers, one year with the Cardinals, one year with.......................... What was that team? OH YEAH! The Buccaneers! So that has us with 3 potential QB coaches. I wonder which connection wins out, the Bengals connection or the Buccaneers? What a time to be alive!

7 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Tim Rattay. Spent 5 years with the 49ers, one year with the Cardinals, one year with.......................... What was that team? OH YEAH! The Buccaneers! So that has us with 3 potential QB coaches. I wonder which connection wins out, the Bengals connection or the Buccaneers? What a time to be alive!

The list of candidates is still not complete.

There's a college coach they're talking to, who once stayed at a Holiday Inn...IN TAMPA.. So that propels him near the top of the list suddenly.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Another TB connection.

5 hours ago, RWJ said:

Another TB connection.

Ken Zampese interviewed for that position too.

But he was not hired.

The guy had no Tampa connection, so the poor guy never stood much of a chance.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Rattay is our new QB coach. I think he will actually be pretty good. We are still a lost franchise with Allen running the show though. 

7 minutes ago, BayouBrave86 said:

Rattay is our new QB coach. I think he will actually be pretty good. We are still a lost franchise with Allen running the show though. 

I don't see a link where it's made official yet.

38 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

And so it continues...

What a surprise 

Allen is a useless *****

HTTR 

It could be a good move, with the idea they're trying to bulk up their offensive staff with QB experience, similar to the way they "bulked" up

their defensive staff with DC experience.

The idea being, that they may need all the QB expertise they can get, considering who may end up playing QB this year.

Rattay, Gruden, O’Connell and Cavanaugh, bring the total to 4 offensive coaches with QB-Coaching experience (as well as QB playing)

That is a good room.

Rattay was also teammates with our current WR Coach Hilliard, while in Tampa.

Interesting that so many more backup QB's become coaches, than starting QB's and even successful QB's.

Rattay wasn't a very good QB, but he did break some crazy NFL and franchise records, including Montana's.

* Broke the San Francisco 49ers record for most completions in 2004, when he completed 38 passes, breaking Montana's record of 37.

* The only quarterback in NFL history to throw three consecutive passes all going for touchdowns, with the Cardinals in 2007.

* Responsible for the largest comeback in Buccaneers history on December 17, 2006, when he led them back from a 21-point 3rd quarter deficit against the eventual NFC Champion Bears, throwing for three touchdowns in the fourth quarter

• Like 1

Interesting article on PFT about the Jets 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/02/08/report-adam-gase-initially-balked-at-hiring-gregg-williams-son-as-an-assistant/

I mean the headline might be something and nothing... HC Gase didn't want to hire Greggs son at LB coach.... But ended up doing anway.. But now the Jets have inside and outside lbs coaches because the guy Gase hired is his father in law Joe Vitt... Who also previously worked with Gregg in new Orleans who just so happened to testify against Gregg in the bounty gate scandal.. Which goes to show nepotism is alive and well in the NFL And dysfunction is not limited to the B&G 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

What happened to bill Callahan leaving?...is he still our o line coach?

Allbright said there was a 100% chance Cincy would hire him to be their OL coach, along with Bill's son Brian who would be their OC.

But Cincy instead hired Jim Turner from Miami, to be their OL coach.

Interesting tidbits about the head coach and the defensive coordinator... Not sure what to make of it..o well on to The Masters..

On 1/16/2019 at 7:27 PM, RWJ said:

Folks I can't copy/paste tweets in post but anyway Allbright is saying he's about 100% sure Callahan will be leaving Washington for Cincy.  Take it for what it is.  I'd post it if I could but can't.  Also saw a tweet where supposedly Skins are trying to re-sign Tomsula to a new contract but that he might look elsewhere so just passing things along since I can post these tweets.  Sorry.

On 1/17/2019 at 11:36 PM, ConnSKINS26 said:

Cincy is waiting for their #1 HC candidate to be done in the playoffs, so we'll find out then I guess. Allbright has an uncanny hit rate for a guy without a major network. 

So his 'uncanny hit rate' has taken a hit, huh ? Lol