Malapropismic Depository

HH: Coach Speculation Publication: STs Kaczor; DBs Horton; TEs Angelichio; ILBs Rob Ryan; OC OConnell; QBs Rattay; Tomsula $$$

4 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Gruden isn't long for this team. To bad, Snyder is going about it the wrong way.  Keep an eye on SnyderOne if we start out bad; as many expect.

The entirety of next season is a lame duck/dead man walking situation for half the organization.  These coaches that are coming on board better rent, not buy.

My best friend is a dolphins fan...there going through a whole rebuild.. i tried telling him he's better off than us and he disagrees... I explained to him how our off season has started off... He says that both Todd bowles and Gregg Williams are both excellent defensive coordinators and that we did no wrong trying to hire them as our d coordinators and that he wished the fins would consider them instead of the Packers linebackers coach as their defensive coordinator now.... how he's still my best friend after 30+ years is beyond me.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

My best friend is a dolphins fan...there going through a whole rebuild.. i tried telling him he's better off than us and he disagrees... I explained to him how our off season has started off... He says that both Todd bowles and Gregg Williams are both excellent defensive coordinators and that we did no wrong trying to hire them as our d coordinators and that he wished the fins would consider them instead of the Packers linebackers coach as their defensive coordinator now.... how he's still my best friend after 30+ years is beyond me.

You should invite him to come to the site and just read a few pages. He will probably need therapy after but it may give him some insight. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, justice98 said:

The entirety of next season is a lame duck/dead man walking situation for half the organization.  These coaches that are coming on board better rent, not buy.

I can see why it may seem like that, but at the same time, why would a new coach want to come in with the cupboard bare?

The Dolphins owner has his head buried about 5 inches deeper in the sand than Snyder; just as clueless and detrimental to building a real, functioning football organization and hiring the right people to instill a sustainable culture to the team.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, carex said:

I can see why it may seem like that, but at the same time, why would a new coach want to come in with the cupboard bare?

The smart ones wouldnt, but as they say, there's only 32 of these jobs.  A guy with options wouldnt want to come. But if this is your best shot, you gonna say no? 

And we've been hiring coaches into bare cupboards for 25 years.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

The Dolphins owner has his head buried about 5 inches deeper in the sand than Snyder; just as clueless and detrimental to building a real, functioning football organization and hiring the right people to instill a sustainable culture to the team.

I don’t think Ross’s head is buried any deeper than Dan.  Atleast Ross is making a change.  Doesn’t mean it will work but he’s atleast cognizant enough to realize what they were doing didn’t work and needs to try something else.  

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, justice98 said:

The smart ones wouldnt, but as they say, there's only 32 of these jobs.  A guy with options wouldnt want to come. But if this is your best shot, you gonna say no? 

Hence, the hire of the worst ST coach that could possibly be found, outside of LeCharls McDaniel. Thankfully McDaniel is not a member of Pi Tampa Phi, even though he did get a ring with us. Otherwise, the team president would probably give him a call.

Edited by skinzplay

52 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

You should invite him to come to the site and just read a few pages. He will probably need therapy after but it may give him some insight. 

Welp.. not sure if you read my story ive posted a few times over the last several years, but when the ummm can't think of the name computer lady guru seen that I was at extremeskins.com i got called in for it and I showed her and the die hard cowpukes fan mangaer and...they got a kick out of it eventually and my friend feels the same way..if his wife sees him on...well u get the point hahaha..

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I don’t think Ross’s head is buried any deeper than Dan.  Atleast Ross is making a change.  Doesn’t mean it will work but he’s atleast cognizant enough to realize what they were doing didn’t work and needs to try something else.  

Change is good, but there's been way too much of it in Miami since Ross took over. Dude bought the team in '08, and they're about to hire their 5th coach in 10 years (can't count Sparano because he was hired by Parcells in January and Ross didn't buy in until the following month). Ross is to coaches what Snyder used to be when it came to big-name free agents. Hot new coordinator? Gotta have him! And that entire Dolphins organization is just multiple layers of nonsense. And now Ross and Garfinkel are sending Marino to scout at the Senior Bowl. I wonder what the real football heads think about that, given that there are scouts down there with competence in that very line of work.

• Like 1

Just now, skinzplay said:

Change is good, but there's been way too much of it in Miami since Ross took over. Dude bought the team in '08, and they're about to hire their 5th coach in 10 years (can't count Sparano because he was hired by Parcells in January and Ross didn't buy in until the following month). Ross is to coaches what Snyder used to be when it came to big-name free agents. Hot new coordinator? Gotta have him! And that entire Dolphins organization is just multiple layers of nonsense. And now Ross and Garfinkel are sending Marino to scout at the Senior Bowl. I wonder what the real football heads think about that, given that there are scouts down there with competence in that very line of work.

I’m not defending his ineptitude, I just think they are both equally dreadful in their own ways.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’m not defending his ineptitude, I just think they are both equally dreadful in their own ways.

Amen to that. Don't you miss the good ol' days of Beathard and The Squire.

Edited by skinzplay
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, justice98 said:

Marty came in to a team that was one year removed from a playoff run.  Spurrier came in to a team that finished 8-3 after and 0-5 start, maybe Gibbs team was a little bare, biut Zorn came into a team that had gone to the playoffs twice in four years. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I agree, and my friend and I talk and joke through the year dissin on each other's team and he irritates the **** out of me because well he's my best friend and he talks to me anyway or whichever way he wants we're  real with each other and he talks positive about the skins..like games I know for a fact we don't have a chance in and he'll come up with well I've got the skins in my football pool than he runs the dolphins down and I normally talk positive about them and he downplays it,but its funny I guess it's what brings us back season after season.

I know the whole argument about only 32 jobs so anyone will take one and then do anything they can to hang on but I have to say, if I was Jay Gruden I would be sorely tempted to quit and take a year out right now.  I know plenty of people here like to criticize him but the fact is he is a good offensive coach and is highly thought of within the league in that discipline, he is also not tainted too much by the stink of the Redskins because anyone with a clue knows he has been working with his hands tied behind his back because of the clown show that is our ownership and front office.

I won't list all of the obstacles he has had to deal with because frankly this is a post on a message board not a novel but after repeatedly being ignored on personnel decisions, particularly around the offense, he is now dealing with a coaching staff overhaul that he is clearly not only not in charge of but it seems pretty likely he is not even being consulted on.  It is difficult to see the Skins winning more than 4 or 5 games next year and the signs are clear that Bruce is setting up Jay to be the fall guy.  I would not give that snake oil salesman the chance in Jay's position, I would negotiate my way out of town knowing that the Skins are such a dumpster fire that choosing to quit as their HC would only enhance my reputation with the other 31 teams in the league.

Edited by WelshSkinsFan

3 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

A few things I believe:

Both Olivadotti and Gray were lateral loves as well.

We are trying to re sign Tomsula.

New Cincy's HC wants Callahan.

Now we're complete I believe.

3 hours ago, KDawg said:

Updated.

Guys, i know we suck...but DB coach for a college team is not really a lateral move is it?????

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dballer said:

Guys, i know we suck...but DB coach for a college team is not really a lateral move is it?????

At the same time, the reports make it sound like Gray left involuntarily, though the ones I read are not very clear either way.

Can anyone elaborate on that ?

6 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

At the same time, the reports make it sound like Gray left involuntarily, though the ones I read are not very clear either way.

Can anyone elaborate on that ?

My understanding is that Manusky wanted Gray out.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, dballer said:

Why wouldn't it be? The best coaches aren't just found in the NFL. Each coaching group (college, NFL) with well paid positions are more about who you know than how good you are. DB coach at Florida and DB coach at the Redskins could monetarily be the same, less in college or more in college. Truth is we don't particularly know any of the details. 

4 hours ago, justice98 said:

That's why I said the Skins won't get any quality coaches.  They know Gruden is dead man walking. Why take what's probably a one year job, unless they are desperate for a job?

20 minutes ago, Tay said:

My understanding is that Manusky wanted Gray out.

So they took advice on who to fire, from the guy they're simultaneously trying to fire ? lol

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Haha 5

It appears that Bruce is not content with being just President of Football Operations and President of Business Operations....but also wants to be de-facto GM AND de facto head coach.   The guy hires the coaches and tells Jay who to play so is acting like a Head Coach.  Yet what he really probably does all day is sit around drinking and schmoozing.

Kinda of reminds me of those dictators that like to wear fancy uniforms covered with medals.   

What is next?  Maybe a power grab to become a part owner?

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

So they took advice on who to fire, from the guy they're simultaneously trying to fire ? lol

I'm not sure why everyone thinks that is the case.  Generally speaking if Snyder truly wants someone they come here.

My gut tells me they were looking at an "assistant head coach-defense" with Manusky staying on as DC.

Edited by Master Blaster

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

It's the Redskins. Nothing should surprise you.