Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HH: Coach Speculation Publication: STs Kaczor; DBs Horton; TEs Angelichio; ILBs Rob Ryan; OC OConnell; QBs Rattay; Tomsula $$$

Malapropismic Depository

41 minutes ago, carex said:

I thought our fans were tired of retreads

It's not really a retread if a long-time Head Coach decides to return as a DC.

In fact, it may be the opposite of retread in this case, as you may be getting more out of the coach.

I'll call it promotion by demotion. A guy may not be cut out to be head coach, as is the case much of the

time, but he's more suited as an assistant. Marvin Lewis is probably a great example of that.

Marvin Lewis was always a good DC, including the 1 year in Washington.

41 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yeah, i have a hard time seeing anybody from those teams choosing to leave a playoff team for the Redskins 😂😂

I don't know what you're talking about, if I were the special teams quality control assistant under-secretary's unpaid intern, I'd absolutely jump at the job.

11 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

So what’s the spin now?

The Redskins didn’t really want Gregg Williams...or Bowles...or Wilks, they just wanted to say hi.🤣

Maybe they called them to reject them.  Bruce is on the phone says look I know this is a dream job, I know you want to be here but Dan asked me to call you to let you know to stop your agent hounding and stalking us -- enough is enough.   We love Manusky he's our top choice, always has been.   We don't blame you for wanting to be here and we are flattered by your interest but its just not happening. 

Yeah we leaked it to the beat and national reporters way back towards the end of the season that replacing Manusky with a bigger name is likely our top coaching-personnel move.  Yeah Doug invited Bowles to Redskins Parks for kicks and giggles but all they did is reminisce about the good times, no talk about coaching anything.   And those leaks were just to smoke you guys out, Dan's dream has always been to reject Gregg a 2nd time.

This was Dan-and Bruce turning the tables.  And as usual they got the last laugh.

Waiting for Danny to kiss up and make up and go after Shanny. Another example of his screwing up and firing/passing over a coach who had the right instincts (RG3).

THAT would be funny as hell....

The wake us SS Danny Boy is leaving more bodies than the Titanic. I ALMOST feel sorry for the Dude, but since he lives in his own bubble..My entertainment is waiting for the reality pin to strike...it has to eventually. Man he looks bad...

Old JKC used to hold pressers...why hasn't this clown? At least that would give the fans *some* entertainment for their dollars $$

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Maybe they called them to reject them.  Bruce is on the phone says look I know this is a dream job, I know you want to be here but Dan asked me to call you to let you know to stop your agent hounding and stalking us -- enough is enough.   We love Manusky he's our top choice, always has been.   We don't blame you for wanting to be here and we are flattered by your interest but its just not happening. 

Yeah we leaked it to the beat and national reporters way back towards the end of the season that replacing Manusky with a bigger name is likely our top coaching-personnel move.  Yeah Doug invited Bowles to Redskins Parks for kicks and giggles but all they did is reminisce about the good times, no talk about coaching anything.   And those leaks were just to smoke you guys out, Dan's dream has always been to reject Gregg a 2nd time.

This was Dan-and Bruce turning the tables.  And as usual they got the last laugh.

SIP, I think the fans might this time.  IF sales  go WAY down this year then that effects Dan's earnings.

2 hours ago, HigSkin said:

This is going to seem really non-Redskin fanish but I really like Kris Richards fire.  Wish he was on the DC list!

HigSkin either 1)  Kris Richard wouldn't want to come here an interview or 2) Dallas would block him from doing so.

10 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Then all I’d have to say is i ‘ll pray that you make it out of the redskins organization alive 😂😂

I know it’s a joke and all, but honestly in terms of recent history, coaches seem to have a lot of success in their PostSkins careers. 

It makes sense considering we love to waste talent.

6 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

I wanna know which ones they blocked...because I would have guessed Kotwicka...Kowitka....Kolwolski...the special teams coach would have been one of those who were blocked if you had asked me a week ago. 

I would have never guessed Kotwicka, no one talks about the dude as one of the best special teams coaches in the country from what I recall.  I'd presume Callahan is in the mix.  the rumors about Callahan wanted to leave has been out there for weeks. 

https://riggosrag.com/2019/01/16/redskins-lack-appeal-coaching-candidates-humble-front-office/

It was known the Redskins would not be desirable to outside coaches, due to their fatal combination of quarterback issues, lack of roster cohesion, and flaring front office dysfunction. But now, they’re not even desirable to their own contracted coaches.

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I would have never guessed Kotwicka, no one talks about the dude as one of the best special teams coaches in the country from what I recall.  I'd presume Callahan is in the mix.  the rumors about Callahan wanted to leave has been out there for weeks. 

I would have guessed it because we really didn't have many issues with ST costing the teams games, unlike several units on both the offense and defense. Nor had i heard of any friction or desire to leave/get rid of the dude (not that I follow everything so not sure if there was any or not). 

7 minutes ago, WelshSkinsFan said:

Tress Way had a great year and Hopkins has given us a degree of stability with the place kicking but I don't see why Kotwika would have been blocked.  We don't do anything outstanding on ST and that unit has been mostly awful during his run here, not bothered that he is gone at all.

Yeah other than Way’s bonkers season this year we haven’t made a noteworthy special teams play in half a decade. 

Actually I guess we ran a fake a few years ago in week 3 against NYG that ended up being big. But 2017 we had Crowder fumble multiple punts and this year I can’t remember one single play, good or bad, that our return team made. 

13 minutes ago, WelshSkinsFan said:

Tress Way had a great year and Hopkins has given us a degree of stability with the place kicking but I don't see why Kotwika would have been blocked.  We don't do anything outstanding on ST and that unit has been mostly awful during his run here, not bothered that he is gone at all.

Can't that be said of damn near every unit on the team, though? lol...I mean, what have we been oustanding in from year to year under anyone?...yet apparently the Skins are blocking coaches from interviewing anyway.

"We don't do anything outstanding in the run game/defending the run/converting 3rd downs/the secondary/the interior of the OLine/whatever, take your pick, and that unit has been mostly awful during "fill in the blank's" run here"

5 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

I would have guessed it because we really didn't have many issues with ST costing the teams games, unlike several units on both the offense and defense.

This would be some classic Redskins way of thinking though. 

“Well, they didn’t lose us any games, so we might as well stick with it.” 

The exact attitude that leads to complete stagnation year after year. 

Just now, Califan007 said:

I mean, what have wee been oustanding in from year to year under anyone?..

We have been outstandingly average and outstandingly embarrassing, somehow simultaneously, which is really a hell of a feat when you think about it. 

Just now, It'sCampbellJasonCampbell said:

Well, if you are blocking coaches from leaving, I would assume on a team full of units that cost the team games, that the coaches responsible for those units would be the last ones to be blocked lol...

6 minutes ago, It'sCampbellJasonCampbell said:

Id normally agree, but I disagree in the case of special teams.  We have had too many years of ST being so bad we WISH they would just do nothing.  Our ST this year was top 10 by metrics, even if just barely.  ST is not flashy, and saying they didnt lose us games, is more so a way of saying they didnt screw up badly very often, and the rest seemed solid, which usually means they were actually pretty good.  Its like if no one notices an offensive linemen, that almost always means he really played well.  

Plus, ST are the only 1 of the 3 facets of the game where you really just want them to be solid and just safely transition the ball from defense to offense.  You win with the other 2 sides of the ball, except in rare cases that you shouldnt be relying on.

25 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

I would have guessed it because we really didn't have many issues with ST costing the teams games, unlike several units on both the offense and defense. Nor had i heard of any friction or desire to leave/get rid of the dude (not that I follow everything so not sure if there was any or not). 

ST was good this year for a change but you never hear about Kotwicka as some untouchable, this dude can't leave the building type.  Seems like the big rep guys whether its earned or not earned or deserved or not deserved -- O'Connell, Tomsula, Callahan. 

Archived