Malapropismic Depository

HH: Coach Speculation Publication: STs Kaczor; DBs Horton; TEs Angelichio; ILBs Rob Ryan; OC OConnell; QBs Rattay; Tomsula $$$

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Possible, but I was thinking more like right now.

Fact is Jay can't motivate his players. Too many flat outings with NO repercussions. That crap WILL end if GW is HC. More Shanny conditioning sprints at least...

Jay is a nice guy and can design an offense. He can't Manage the game or adjust. These are all facts that SHOULD get him replaced with GW.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm all aboard the GW express. Best and most intimidating defense I've seen in my lifetime. This team could use a kick in the arse, and I think he'd bring that mentality more than we've had since, well, GW was here the last time.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a pipe dream. But the only way this actually helps anything long term is if Gregg gets in front of Snyder and his message about accountability, toughness, and preparedness is so compelling that Dan HAS to have him. Like old school "nobody gets my guy" Dan. And it can't stop there for this to end up being good--whether we agree with it or not it is a return to horrific policy for the owner to foist a DC on his HC. No, for this to help us he needs to exit that meeting thinking he needs Gregg as the HC. Not only that, but Gregg needs to convince him he can do the job and bring the team back to at least Gibbs II levels of respectability, but that he can't do it with Bruce Allen on board. And then he needs to poach one of the CLE FO guys without the GM title and give that to them here and clean house.

 

Yeah, it's not happening. And I'm not sure Gregg has that much pull period with Snyder--probably no one does but Bruce. But there's no doubt in my mind that the Gibbs II era has to be the most fun Snyder ever had owning this team. That era must have been what he thought it "should" be like owning his favorite team. That's what Gregg ultimately appeals to, I think.

 

Who knows if we even get the meeting. And no I don't really think Gregg has the star power or ability to convince Snyder to boot both Gruden and all his assistants AND Bruce Allen and a good portion of the FO. But it's an intriguing dream and the only silver lining type potential outcome from all this, long term. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I was against GW after the Browns fired him, mainly because I didn't think he would consider working for Dan again and the fact that we basically have no safeties left for his safety heavy scheme.  But, if the reports are true that him and Dan are cool again, screw it, bring him back as DC or HC if he wants to come back.  

 

At least we know if he is our DC, those guys are going to get their asses kicked in practice and work hard or go home.  There will be no more of this soft BS.  Hell, it wouldn't even surprise me if do get him back that Dan has a plan to make him HC either after the 2019 season or something like that.  

 

If we do get him back, we most likely go DB or S in the draft first round right?  And all the draft gurus, confirm.....this isn't a draft that is deep with secondary talent is it?  Looks like it's a lot heavier on defensive tackles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Possible, but I was thinking more like right now.

 

Possible but I'd still be surprised.  As you know I do like Jay and intensely dislike Bruce.  However, those two I think are interlocked some.   I don't think Bruce would be cool with Jay leaving let alone for a guy who would tell him off at the drop of the hat.  Plus you got the new version of cheap Dan in play -- whether its Bruce driven or Dan being cash poor.  Dan willing to eat 10 million in coaching salary?

 

Moving the discussion back to the D coordinator position though the same points could be applied to HC:   Its an odd thing to say considering Dan's history but I do think the idea that Dan pays for whatever it takes to get his man is an outdated notion.  I got doubts that new Dan can reel Gregg in even if its just purely about money.   Listening to Finlay talk about yesterday that Manusky is here right now in part because he is still under contract.  So if Dan-Bruce does the hey, if you come here, good news Gregg, we got all your assistants ready for you -- then Gregg is likely thinking what happened to old Dan that let me build one of the best and most expensive staffs in the NFL back when I was here last. 

 

Having said that, I tell my colleagues all the time its hard to figure out people who tend to act crazy and emotional with logic.  Dan fits that mold, he can be unpredictable.  

 

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

 

I just don't see how the Redskins get Williams here without him being the head coach.

 

 

That could be true.  Unless, he thinks it will happen anyway by osmosis.   

 

Finley sees it pro and con similar to what I've been saying.  Gregg could be using the Redskins as leverage and its all BS.  And his motivation might actually be Jay's likely lame duck status. 

 

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/case-gregg-williams-pick-redskins-over-jets

For many coordinators, they'd rather sign up to work with a head coach that has lots of job security, armed with at least a four-year contract.

Williams might not mind a spot with a potential change on the horizon. 

 

In 2007, Williams was considered the heir apparent to Gibbs. Only when Gibbs retired, Williams did not get the top job, and he quickly moved on. There was talk of ill will between Williams and the organization, but the word around Ashburn is all of that has been smoothed over.

 

Now, if Williams believed he could come back to Washington and possibly be first in line for a head coaching opportunity if things go poorly for Gruden next season? That might be appealing. And knowing that the Redskins offense has major question marks at quarterback for 2019? Even moreso. 

 

That situation might be a better spot than the Jets, where Gase has the full support of ownership to develop young QB Sam Darnold.

Gase will get at least three years in New York. Gruden only has two years left on his contract. 

That kind of math is pretty simple for a 60-year-old coach that might want one last shot at being the boss. 

Something else could be afoot too.

 

Whatever the contractual holdup is with the Jets, leverage could help Williams get what he wants. A meeting with the Redskins represents that leverage. 

Williams could be meeting with the Redskins as soon as Tuesday. The team has already met with Steve Wilks and Todd Bowles, a pair of other highly regarded defensive coordinator candidates that took jobs elsewhere. 

 

In a lot of ways, Williams is the Redskins' last hope for a new, big-name coordinator in this coaching cycle. And he's certainly the name that will excite the fan base most. 

 

It's been a tough offseason in Washington, and it's only mid-January. Getting Williams in the building, and his name on a contract, would be a big win for the Redskins.

 

But for Williams, coming back to Washington more than a decade after his first successful stint as defensive coordinator, might offer a lot to like too.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If GW comes back, 100% guarantee that we will be on Hard Knocks next.  We already are one of the teams that if picked would have to do it, with no say so about it.  What a story that would be......Gregg Williams back in DC after being let go when Gibbs retired and being involved in bounty gate, bouncing from team to team, getting a shot in Cleveland and going 5-3 as interim head coach only to be fired after the Browns went with a younger, less experienced hire in Freddie Kitchens.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

If GW comes back, 100% guarantee that we will be on Hard Knocks next.  We already are one of the teams that if picked would have to do it, with no say so about it.  What a story that would be......Gregg Williams back in DC after being let go when Gibbs retired and being involved in bounty gate, bouncing from team to team, getting a shot in Cleveland and going 5-3 as interim head coach only to be fired after the Browns went with a younger, less experienced hire in Freddie Kitchens.

 

 

 

Am guessing though one of the 5 teams who are up will say yes, that's how i think they've avoided it thus far.  My bet is Jon Gruden says yes -- he'd enjoy the spotlight.  You got the Mayock angle, three #1 picks, etc.

 

But yeah it would be ironic if Gregg made it again on Hard Knocks, trying to recall if it would be the third or forth go of it for him?  (I recall once with the Rams, once for the Browns)

Edited by Skinsinparadise

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

 

Am guessing though one of the 5 teams who are up will say yes, that's how i think they've avoided it thus far.  My bet is Jon Gruden says yes -- he'd enjoy the spotlight.  You got the Mayock angle, three #1 picks, etc.

 

But yeah it would be ironic if Gregg made it again on Hard Knocks, trying to recall if it would be the third or forth go of it for him?  (I recall once with the Rams, once for the Browns)

 

Yeah, the Chucky version of Hard Knocks would be interesting too.  Forgot about them for a minute.  I guess it depends if they want to go with Jon's controversial return and what that means in the future.  Or to a dumpster fire of an organization with more drama and if GW returns, that drama with his reactions to it.  Dude has been money for that show lol.

 

Also, what if they want to screw with Snyder since he is so private and stays out of the spotlight, by putting cameras inside their operations.  I think he was just on twice with the Rams and Browns.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

 

Yeah, the Chucky version of Hard Knocks would be interesting too.  Forgot about them for a minute.  I guess it depends if they want to go with Jon's controversial return and what that means in the future.  Or to a dumpster fire of an organization with more drama and if GW returns, that drama with his reactions to it.  Dude has been money for that show lol.

 

Also, what if they want to screw with Snyder since he is so private and stays out of the spotlight, by putting cameras inside their operations.  I think he was just on twice with the Rams and Browns.  

 

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see it happen.  And if it makes Bruce and Dan uncomfortable, I'd love it even more.    But there always seems to be a team who is willing to accept the assignment.  Will see but I think Jon Gruden is a big enough ham to love the attention.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, KDawg said:

 

 

We're going to learn a lot about this franchise in the coming days.

Spoiler: it’s the biggest joke in the NFL.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Ok somebody track redskins one, find out where that plane is 😂😂

 

Hoping he’s heading here now for a meeting 

I think it may be going down now.  Give Gregg Williams what ever it takes.  

Jsteelz @jsteelznskins
FollowFollow @jsteelznskins
More

The Push

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Redskinstoday Twitter Page said apparently the redskins were indeed able to successfully set up an interview with Gregg Williams. Any word on when it will be? Later today? Tomorrow? Come on guys i come Here for the details you guys must know something!! 

Just now, Hogs86 said:

I think it may be going down now.  Give Gregg Williams what ever it takes.  

Jsteelz @jsteelznskins
FollowFollow @jsteelznskins
More

The Push

Right on cue too! :P good update :) assistant head coach title should get it done i think, plus a lotttttt of $$$

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Hangman- C_Hanburger said:

Fact is Jay can't motivate his players. Too many flat outings with NO repercussions. That crap WILL end if GW is HC. More Shanny conditioning sprints at least...

Jay is a nice guy and can design an offense. He can't Manage the game or adjust. These are all facts that SHOULD get him replaced with GW.

 

you sure that's the way to do things?  Cause a lot of people think Jay's soft practices contribute to the injuries, but I recently heard that Bill Callahan keeps the OL out longer than everyone else and they're probably the most frequently injured group

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Redskinstoday Twitter Page said apparently the redskins were indeed able to successfully set up an interview with Gregg Williams. Any word on when it will be? Later today? Tomorrow? Come on guys i come Here for the details you guys must know something!! 

Right on cue too! :P good update :) assistant head coach title should get it done i think, plus a lotttttt of $$$

Assistant HC belongs to Callahan right now so he'd have to be fired/released in order for Williams to get that title. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RWJ said:

Assistant HC belongs to Callahan right now so he'd have to be fired/released in order for Williams to get that title. 

 

Fine with me. Honestly, Callahan's unit has been underwhelming at best. We don't give up tons of sacks, but the consistency of the running game has been non-existent since he's been here. I'd be ok with moving on from him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dan's tail number is N904DS but I can't figure out how to track it without signing up for an account which I'm too lazy to do.

 

Also, I think the daydreaming about GG is fun, but unrealistic. He isn't coming here.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Redskinstoday Twitter Page said apparently the redskins were indeed able to successfully set up an interview with Gregg Williams. Any word on when it will be? Later today? Tomorrow? Come on guys i come Here for the details you guys must know something!! 

Right on cue too! :P good update :) assistant head coach title should get it done i think, plus a lotttttt of $$$

 

Isn't Callahan the Assistant Head Coach right now?  So Callahan would have to leave before we could offer that to Gregg.  Of course, if the rumors are true that Callahan wants out, then Voila, we have a spot open. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, carex said:

 

you sure that's the way to do things?  Cause a lot of people think Jay's soft practices contribute to the injuries, but I recently heard that Bill Callahan keeps the OL out longer than everyone else and they're probably the most frequently injured group

I'm referencing the intensity and preparedness in this train of thought BUT I am on the side of you practice how you play. There is a established history/precedence that good teams use practice to get better not "take it easy". I can't think of any championship teams that skipped the preseason to protect players..there may be one but I can't name it.

 

Going back to the first point..other than Swearinger ( for a "optics" violation and Norman's 1 series benching) Jay does not deal with poor performance (That *i* can discern) and makes excuses for his players and COACHES Poor performance at his pressers ..aka We tried..we were out coached.

 

I don't see any FIRE in Jay..or his players when they get down. I guess I expect players to play like Clint Eastwood's line in Josey Wales, you got to get Mad Dog Mean when things go bad. I've seen GW's Skin players act this way..I have NOT see anything like that from Jay's teams. That may be the coaches folding and the players following suit (most likely) GW gets Mad Dog Mean--and he's vilified for it 😵

 

Its no coincidence that Sean Taylor played for GW for his 4 years and GW's defenses were FEARED. Now my worry is that the game's been too domesticated to get that level of aggression but GW will straddle the line for sure

Edited by The Hangman- C_Hanburger

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, VaK9Trainer said:

 

Isn't Callahan the Assistant Head Coach right now?  So Callahan would have to leave before we could offer that to Gregg.  Of course, if the rumors are true that Callahan wants out, then Voila, we have a spot open. 

 

and a coach to fill it.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are skinsinparadise oh are they ever... And it better be to become the head coach... Not just defensive coordinator... If their intentions are for him to take over as head coach just get it over with now and make him head coach now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.