Malapropismic Depository

HH: Coach Speculation Publication: STs Kaczor; DBs Horton; TEs Angelichio; ILBs Rob Ryan; OC OConnell; QBs Rattay; Tomsula $$$

Just now, Malapropismic Depository said:

And that's usually how it works in the business world, doesn't it ?

If an employer wants to replace one of their workers, I believe they start interviewing candidates before they fire the previous guy.

I'll bet there's even been cases where the guy who gets fired, first starts training the "new team member", not knowing he's training him

to take his place.

There's a difference here.

Everyone knows.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, SemperFi Skins said:

What about promoting Jim Tomsula to DC? He's been the defensive line coach and he's got a nasty attitude as well...

That was speculation from a beat guy weeks back -- wouldn't shock me if its the fallback position if they miss out on outside targets.  The thing is reputation wise Tomsula seems more known as a teacher versus being an X and O's guy.   But I can just see them saying this was their #1 choice all along but just did due diligence on other people and then they all came to the conclusion that the best solution was in house. 😀

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

I'm going to tell my wife I'm going to try my luck with some other women. If it doesn't work out, she can stay my wife.

Manusky can't quit -- he'd lose his money -- but my God, talk about brutal.  It's even worse than farting when giving a press conference.

Edited by Hooper
  • Like 4

This is such a Redskins FO way to treat people.  I dislike Manusky professionally, but thats a really bad way to treat someone.  Good organizations dont do that.  Do you know why?  Because if they dont find someone, and he gets retained, now hes likely bitter towards the organization which may likely effect the job he does.

3 minutes ago, Hooper said:

I'm going to tell my wife I'm going to try my luck with some other women. If it doesn't work out, she can stay my wife.

I can't Manusky can't quit -- he'd lose his money -- but my God, talk about brutal. 

Then you'd be able to tell her that she is the best at the position!

• Like 2

I think Gregg Williams may well eat Gruden alive if he gets in the building and on the payroll. Gruden looks like he's going to hyperventilate at the first sign of controversy as it is.

38 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Revenge is a dish best served cold.  😉  You rejected me, now i am rejecting you -- thanks for the leverage with the Jets, just got an extra $100,000 to seal the deal. 

36 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Wade Phillips did it, I'm sure Gregg would too.

Yes, but then...how do you explain "The Hug" ?

Tomsula may be wanting out of this circus. 

2 hours ago, Bang said:

So why isn't Gregg Cleveland's head coach?
He just pulled them up to actual respectability and their players seemingly will run through a wall for him..    yet they never even considered keeping him. Didn't even bother. No for some hotshot coach with a huge pedigree..   but for their own QBs coach with no experience at all.

So why do we get SO excited for the chance to make another move that would COMPLETLY seem to be a reckless gamble? The one thing Williams seems to do consistently is look for a new job.

~Bang

I don't even want Gregg but this is kinda unfair. They needed the guy who got the most out of Baker and Kitchens was either HC or gone for a better opportunity. I think they did the right thing keeping Kitchens for their young franchise QB, although it's a risk. Just not sure it says anything about Gregg. 

4 minutes ago, TK said:

Tomsula may be wanting out of this circus. 

isn't his contract up already?...That's what everyone was discussing several pages ago. If so, he doesn't have to "want" out since he is already out.

34 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN '74 said:

I think Gregg Williams may well eat Gruden alive if he gets in the building and on the payroll. Gruden looks like he's going to hyperventilate at the first sign of controversy as it is.

You think Jay has any say anymore? He didn’t even know about Alex Smith until the trade was done. Dude is a hostage at this point, simply looking forward to the days when he is OC for his brother in Vegas. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

isn't his contract up already?...That's what everyone was discussing several pages ago. If so, he doesn't have to "want" out since he is already out.

Yet another weird situation.

If he's truly a "FA", and he wants out, you'd think he'd be in such high demand, that he would have landed a job elsewhere, and we would have heard about it.

3 minutes ago, Hooper said:

You think Jay has any say anymore? He didn’t even know about Alex Smith until the trade was done. Dude is a hostage at this point, simply looking forward to the days when he is OC for his brother in Vegas. 

Jay won't have say on defensive players if GW is DC... I kid...

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

3 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Yet another weird situation.

If he's truly a "FA", and he wants out, you'd think he'd be in such high demand, that he would have landed a job elsewhere, and we would have heard about it.

We didn't hear about Kotwika until after it happened lol...so who the hell knows. I tried searching for articles talking about Tomsula's contract when he was hired, and couldn't find a damn thing on it. I even found an article that had "contract details" in the headline and never once was the contract mentioned.

Edited by Califan007

This is insane.

I don't really want Gregg but I hope we hire him for maximum chaos. If that makes sense. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

This is insane.

I don't really want Gregg but I hope we hire him for maximum chaos. If that makes sense. 

ConnSKINS26 returning to ES after Williams is hired...

giphy.gif

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

This is insane.

I do want Gregg and I'd see him as the best DC we've had since Gregg was here himself 10 plus years ago and by a mile.  But I think the chaos aspect of it brings some fun.  Some people here want Jay to tell Bruce-Jay off -- my point is why should he with $10 million at stake with his salary.  But if that's the kind of dude they want, Gregg is the perfect fit.  For that reason its hard for me to see this lasting long.  

7 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

We didn't hear about Kotwika until after it happened lol...so who the hell knows. I tried searching for articles talking about Tomsula's contract when he was hired, and couldn't find a damn thing on it. I even found an article that had "contract details" in the headline and never once was the contract mentioned.

Lets not forget about Steve Wilks also Todd Bowles.  We truly do not know who has been in and out of Redskins Park.  There is no way Greg Manusky is not already gone.  Maybe he has already been told he is gone?

The #Redskins had conversations with Steve Wilks before he took the #Browns’ defensive coordinator job, sources say. Doesn’t sound like they were deep discussions but another indication Washington has been nosing around DC candidates.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I do want Gregg and I'd see him as the best DC we've had since Gregg was here himself 10 plus years ago and by a mile.  But I think the chaos aspect of it brings some fun.  Some people here want Jay to tell Bruce-Jay off -- my point is why should he with $10 million at stake with his salary.  But if that's the kind of dude they want, Gregg is the perfect fit.  For that reason its hard for me to see this lasting long.  

Thing that concerns me about GW, is he just doesn't keep DC jobs for long. I suspect that's for personality reasons, and not performance reasons.

Either way, I don't like the idea of yet another short-term solution, that also leaves more negative ripples (or in our case, Tsunamis), in the franchise.

If we are going to bring Greg Williams in it should be as the HC, we missed a big opportunity to can Gruden who won't take us to the next level in my opinion. 

HTTR 

4 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

If we are going to bring Greg Williams in it should be as the HC, we missed a big opportunity to can Gruden who won't take us to the next level in my opinion. 

HTTR 

Williams' hasn't been offered a HC position for 15 years since he was last a HC. There's gotta be a good reason for that.

In addition, when he was a HC, his winning percentage was actually worse than Jay's.

Williams : 22–34 (.393)

Gruden 35–44–1 (.444)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Williams' hasn't been offered a HC position for 15 years since he was last a HC. There's gotta be a good reason for that.

In addition, when he was a HC, his winning percentage was actually worse than Jay's.

Williams : 22–34 (.393)

Gruden 35–44–1 (.444)

Might have something to do with the Headhunting episode, I would certainly replace Gruden with Williams if I had the choice. 

HTTR 

This thread is 23 pages long. Anyone able to quickly sum up what has actually has happened? 

Edited by Unbias

2 minutes ago, Unbias said:

This thread is 23 pages long. Anyone able to quickly sum up what has actually has happened? 

Sure...a whole lotta nuttin'

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1