Malapropismic Depository

HH: Coach Speculation Publication: STs Kaczor; DBs Horton; TEs Angelichio; ILBs Rob Ryan; OC OConnell; QBs Rattay; Tomsula $$$

Recommended Posts

There seems to be so much speculation by the reporters. If Tomsula isn’t under contract why say he wants out,  he can just leave. Not sure the reporters are getting factual information rather than bits and pieces. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Rypienskinz said:

There seems to be so much speculation by the reporters. If Tomsula isn’t under contract why say he wants out,  he can just leave. Not sure the reporters are getting factual information rather than bits and pieces. 

He could want to leave but not currently have other options for employment.

 

It could be a hang up over money.

 

Who knows?

 

All I know is they should be doing whatever needs to be done to retain him. 

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, if Tomsula's contract is up, why the hell is he hanging around instead of "fleeing"? Is it maybe because he's waiting to see if the Skins want to retain him because--gasp--he'd actually like to return to the team?

 

Also...

 

 

Chris Russell @Russellmania621

Chris Russell Retweeted Dianna Russini

Well this is the information we didn't know about Tomsula/Callahan. Thanks Dianna!

 

 

Considering Russell says he knows Tomsula can't wait to leave the Redskins, shouldn't Tomsula's contract being up also have been something he already knew?

 

As someone else said in the thread, the local media guys should be feeling embarrassed right now.

 

 

 

1 hour ago, HOF44 said:

You should change your name to Spock. 

 

 

giphy.gif

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One of the few things keeping me around Skins related stuff is watching fans like Cali lead their “it’s not that bad, guys!” crusade. It’s truly fascinating on twitter and on ES to a lesser extent.

 

I mean the negativity that comes out every day is also morbidly entertaining but so is watching the few remaining die hards fight with those ready to jump out the window. I hope it keeps getting worse so next season will essentially just be a VH1 reality show on and off the field. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

One of the few things keeping me around Skins related stuff is watching fans like Cali lead their “it’s not that bad, guys!” crusade. It’s truly fascinating on twitter and on ES to a lesser extent.

 

I mean the negativity that comes out every day is also morbidly entertaining but so is watching the few remaining die hards fight with those ready to jump out the window. I hope it keeps getting worse so next season will essentially just be a VH1 reality show on and off the field. 

It’s never as good as the optimists say it is and it’s never as bad as the pessimists do

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

It’s never as good as the optimists say it is and it’s never as bad as the pessimists do

 

As an attorney once pointed out, "The truth no doubt, lies somewhere in between the 2 stories"

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh no. Make no mistake. It is that bad. The team is a dead brand in its own city.

 

I think the optimists and pessimists themselves are becoming minorities, which is why it’s fun to watch. A bigger portion just doesn’t care at all about the team. 

 

I still lurk around here because where else will I get to read Kleese’s eternal hope, Califan’s penchant for arguing in circles over the number of hairs on Adonis Alexander’s head, or Cooleyfan correcting someone’s post about some obscure score from the 2008 season? 

Edited by BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93
  • Like 2
  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

It’s never as good as the optimists say it is and it’s never as bad as the pessimists do

I think this fairly applies to Individual stories, reports and rumors.

 

However, in general, it’s definitely bad.  Which is why the pessimists are kind of dumbfounded by optimism.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's pretty ballsy to be doubling down on the same old failures when another team in your city was already drawing people and THEN won a championship.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I think this fairly applies to Individual stories, reports and rumors.

 

However, in general, it’s definitely bad.  Which is why the pessimists are kind of dumbfounded by optimism.

 

I think non-pessimism is being mistaken for optimism.

It does not have to be one or the other.

There is definitely a middle ground.

If a person is not pessimistic, they can be neutral, as opposed to optimistic.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PartyPosse said:

It’s never as good as the optimists say it is and it’s never as bad as the pessimists do

 

staymedium.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

 

I think non-pessimism is being mistaken for optimism.

It does not have to be one or the other.

There is definitely a middle ground.

If a person is not pessimistic, they can be neutral, as opposed to optimistic.

Sure, some folks sit on the fence.  However, there are folks that claim to be what you just described, yet challenge the pessimistic take at every turn.  My favorite is when things are classified as "Skins fans running with" whatever rumor.  As if all the pessimists are on trial, vehemently defending rumors as if they are facts.  When really it's just the fact that when we read disparaging information about the organization, we're pre-disposed to believing at least a portion of it is true, based on our experience.

 

Basically the Redskins are that screwed up family member that constantly finds themselves in trouble.  Where most of the family has written them off and when presented with negative information about the screw up, are inclined to believe it.  However, there's always that one family member that makes excuses for the screw up and every time they see the screw up tie their shoes, sees it as an accomplishment.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

One of the few things keeping me around Skins related stuff is watching fans like Cali lead their “it’s not that bad, guys!” crusade. It’s truly fascinating on twitter and on ES to a lesser extent.

 

I mean the negativity that comes out every day is also morbidly entertaining but so is watching the few remaining die hards fight with those ready to jump out the window. I hope it keeps getting worse so next season will essentially just be a VH1 reality show on and off the field. 

 

This off season is off to a crazy start but to me in a good way if you are into its darkest before the dawn narrative.  I want a tank season in 2019 to get this team to fully reboot across the board and get hopefully a franchise QB.  Can Dan ruin it all anyway in 2020 and afterwards?  Sure.  But what else do we got to hope for? 

 

Some of the FO's backers (or whatever they like to call themselves) are a dwindling group.  It was never that large to begin with but I noticed some of the more openly pro FO people bailed on them on twitter big time -- some of whom now have firebruceallen hashtags.   Here, some have bailed.  Some haven't.  Some sort of bail and then pull back in for the FO soon after so I gather they have some cognitive dissonance on it.     But like I've said before if Bruce and Dan had no one willing to go to bat for them -- it would be a boring debate.  So kudos to these renegades that are keeping the hope alive.  😀

 

The ironic thing to me about this is 5 different beat types around the team have suggested that all the stories aren't out yet -- and things are actually worst behind the scenes than the picture painted thus far and not better.  And I get to some its just wild media conspiracy and or heck if they can get something wrongs on gossip items -- then maybe most of what they say is wrong -- or whatever narrative about the media floats their boat.  To each their own on that.   But for me when guys like Sheehan among others say the stories they hear are even crazier than what's out there right now and if anything considering what they know the media has been light on Dan-Bruce -- I believe him and likewise others on that.  That's not because I just believe whatever I hear but because it makes sense to me based on all that has gone down over the years.

 

 

 

 

Redskins should just tank next year

https://www.washingtonpost.com/express/2019/01/10/redskins-should-just-tank-next-year/?utm_term=.213e3f26959c

The Redskins are stalling.

They can’t make a big change at quarterback in the offseason. No marquee coach will come to this sinking franchise. And owner Dan Snyder seems unwilling to change his nearly 20-year mismanagement of the front office.

So how will the team regain its rapidly shrinking fan base without some new shiny object to wave over the offseason? By pretending two straight 7-9 seasons were bad luck because of massive injuries.

Continue acting like nothing’s wrong. Don’t show humility or willingness to change. Stay with coach Jay Gruden another season and, in 2020, make an all-in move to reboot the franchise, complete with a new stadium announcement.

It just might work.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So nearly half a week after the rumors, there's still no one in the FO nor the coach that denied the original story.

 

Try to put yourself into Torrian Gray's shoes for a minute.

 

On Tuesday you learned from a website and/or Twitter that you were fired by your boss.

But still, two days ago, looks like nobody didn't ever cared deniying it.

 

That is for sure a good way to run a buisness and make your employees feel wanted...

Edited by Wildbunny
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

So nearly half a week after the rumors, there's still no one in the FO nor the coach that denied the original story.

 

Try to put yourself into Torrian Gray's shoes for a minute.

 

On Tuesday you learned from a website and/or Twitter that you were fired by your boss.

But still, two days ago, looks like nobody didn't ever cared deniying it.

 

That is for sure a good way to run a buisness and make your employees feel wanted...

 

Good, bad or otherwise, the Skins aren't known for rushing to put out perceived fires. Bruce pretty much said this 2 years ago, especially when it's something said on twitter.

 

Plus, we are assuming that Torrian didn't contact anyone about the tweet (or that nobody contacted him)...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is it so impossible to separate FO supporter from a neutral observer who prefers not to automatically believe a bunch of beat guys who are proving they have no idea what the hell they are talking about? It's truly fascinating to me that it gets under your all's skin so much that a few of us don't hop in line and say "FIREBRUCEALLEN" when Ben Kotwkia leaves. Like who here is saying they love or even like our FO? It's honestly maddening, please learn to differentiate between the two.

 

I want Bruce gone for 3 reasons and I'm someone that appreciates what he's brought to the organization far more than about 99% of the fanbase. The reasons are:

 

1.) From what I have gathered, he's coming off very dictatorial. Between Jay's comments about better communication between the FO and coaching staff on player acquisition, Scott's departure and the arguments that ensued when he would be buddy buddy with the players, the apparent anger and subsequent firing of Lafameina for briefing Norman, the circumstances surrounding the hiring process for when Jay came on board and also for how the defensive coordinator searches have gone in the past, all add up to a "my way or the highway" approach. That means people below him most likely operate in fear and conform. The best organizations in any industry do not have their employees operate out of fear. You want diversity of ideas and you want to foster an environment where your employees feel their ideas are being respected and considered. It leads to progressive ideas and ultimately smarter action plans. When you add all of the above up, it comes off as a power trip. Rarely does that lead to the best results possible.

 

2.) Vision at the QB position is severely lacking. Every decision seems to be made rashly and is short-sighted. The biggest example is not unloading Cousins after 2016. After the Giants game they should have known he was not a SB winning QB. The truly great QB's deserving of 13% of your salary cap or whatever do not fall flat on their faces in win and in games. They just don't. So make up your mind, and get a big return on a valuable asset. Huge mistake. Alex Smith ended up being another short sighted move, though that one I'm more lenient on since it's super unlucky a relatively healthy QB throughout his career suffered a career threatening injury. Still, roll with a Bridgewater or Keenum for less money until you get the QBOTF in here. It's such an important position and has so much bearing on a team's W/L record. You can't keep striking out here.

 

3.) While I still think it's a bit ridiculous and that Dan is really the ultimate problem here, for better or worse Bruce has been deemed the most evil man in Washington DC. The fan base has checked out more than anytime I can remember in my lifetime. The relationship with the media is non existent and toxic. The fan base is toxic. It's time for a fresh start. No more retreads, no more nostalgia. Go and find your Chris Ballard and build a new brand of Redskins football.

 

You see? It's possible to doubt the validity of negative FO reports, while, gasp, still wanting change to occur and not loving our FO. Pretty crazy stuff, I know.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, HardcoreZorn said:

 

You see? It's possible to doubt the validity of negative FO reports, while, gasp, still wanting change to occur and not loving our FO. Pretty crazy stuff, I know.

 

I've changed position on things.  I've gone from pro Shanny to anti-Shanny.  I've gone from anti-Jay to pro Jay.  And I own the positions.  I don't say am done with Shanny and then like every post that defended him after that among other things.   If I did, it would come off disingenuous. 

 

You talk about being against hyperbole but you bring in the hyperbole yourself.

 

You got people here who have abandoned their pro Bruce position while also being consistent about it.  That hasn't been the case with you.  And to each their own on that.  No one should bully anyone into any position.   And no one is doing that here.

 

But when you claim to be the voice of reason here and going on the high horse -- maybe your intent is good -- but it comes off phony to those who are familiar with all of your posts on said subject and your likes.   I got a position but I don't claim the high ground while doing it like you do so in turn you make yourself a target to some.   It comes off like you are trying to prop your position as the superior one based on the idea that you are emotionally more contained.  Even though your posts don't come off any more emotionally contained than anyone else -- its just you coming at it from a different position-bent.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

 

I've changed position on things.  I've gone from pro Shanny to anti-Shanny.  I've gone from anti-Jay to pro Jay.  And I own the positions.  I don't say am done with Shanny and then like every post that defended him after that among other things.   If I did, it would come off disingenuous. 

 

You talk about being against hyperbole but you bring in the hyperbole yourself.

 

You got people here who have abandoned their pro Bruce position while also being consistent about it.  That hasn't been the case with you.  And to each their own on that.  No one should bully anyone into any position.   And no one is doing that here.

 

But when you claim to be the voice of reason here and going on the high horse -- maybe your intent is good -- but it comes off phony to those who are familiar with all of your posts on said subject and your likes.   I got a position but I don't claim the high ground while doing it like you do so in turn you make yourself a target to some.   It comes off like you are trying to prop your position as the superior one based on the idea that you are emotionally more contained.  Even though your posts don't come off any more emotionally contained than anyone else -- its just you coming at it from a different position-bent.  

Hmmm yeah you seem very confused still. Give me an example of something I liked that refutes or contradicts anything I said above. Actually while you are at it, find one thing in this entire thread that says anything about "liking Bruce."

 

Edited to include your update lol.

 

I would argue somebody who can sift through information, think and question it before becoming a keyboard warrior and spouting off some of the responses you see here is "emotionally more contained." If you take offense to that, then sorry. But I don't know how you could argue otherwise.

Edited by HardcoreZorn
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love it.  Fan base and media in a complete meltdown. :)  Hopefully burn themselves out soon.  I couldn't have wished for more.  Hopefully "different" fans and media coverage in the near future. ;)  People complain about Snyder, Bruce, etc. but I'd rather trade the fans and the media for something more respectful. Just my two cents.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, owa said:

I love it.  Fan base and media in a complete meltdown. :)  Hopefully burn themselves out soon.  I couldn't have wished for more.  Hopefully "different" fans and media coverage in the near future. ;)  People complain about Snyder, Bruce, etc. but I'd rather trade the fans and the media for something more respectful. Just my two cents.

good luck brother, you're going to need it after this post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, HardcoreZorn said:

Hmmm yeah you seem very confused still. Give me an example of something I liked that refutes or contradicts anything I said above. Actually while you are at it, find one thing in this entire thread that says anything about "liking Bruce."

 

You are making my point.  I know you hate and don't accept the label.   I am not debating otherwise.  We are on the same page on that front.  Heck a different poster had fun with you months ago about how many nice things you say about Bruce so why not just own it and then you in jest said ok you love Bruce Allen.  But again, I am not the only dude who sees you relatively in the tank for Bruce regardless of your occasional disclaimer.  And yeah in recent weeks you've come on much stronger on being a critic and now you are even globalizing yourself as one -- and that is a change but I notice you still like just about every post that defends him for whatever reason.  

 

You like to label yourself as a dude just bringing reason and you don't really have a strong slant one way or another.  You've defended Bruce on many other slants than the media supposedly misrepresenting him.  His "good" hires, him focusing on the draft, Kirk, him being misrepresented considering his record.  The media angle actually is the one du jour.  You've had plenty of angles in the past.

 

And look i acknowledge your new macro position.  But your likes and some of your posts show some inconsistency on that front -- and even that's fine to me but when you go on about being the one who is looking at this in a much more stable way emotionally than us critics -- am going to hit that back because to me that's not the case from my point if view.    You got emotionally tinged posts as much as anyone from what I've observed.   Just because you don't feel as intensely as others about what's going wrong with the FO -- doesn't IMO mean you are bringing reason here.  It's just you having a different position and that's different.

 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, owa said:

I love it.  Fan base and media in a complete meltdown. :)  Hopefully burn themselves out soon.  I couldn't have wished for more.  Hopefully "different" fans and media coverage in the near future. ;)  People complain about Snyder, Bruce, etc. but I'd rather trade the fans and the media for something more respectful. Just my two cents.

 

Trade them for a new owner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

 

Good, bad or otherwise, the Skins aren't known for rushing to put out perceived fires. Bruce pretty much said this 2 years ago, especially when it's something said on twitter.

 

Plus, we are assuming that Torrian didn't contact anyone about the tweet (or that nobody contacted him)...

Well, at the very least, deny that tweet from your own tweet account would have probably been enough...

 

I always find it weird when a company doesn't step up for their guys, especially when they say they've been fired and they're not. At least officially.

 

Anyway, that offseason is really starting in the weirdest of the ways...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, owa said:

I love it.  Fan base and media in a complete meltdown. :)  Hopefully burn themselves out soon.  I couldn't have wished for more.  Hopefully "different" fans and media coverage in the near future. ;)  People complain about Snyder, Bruce, etc. but I'd rather trade the fans and the media for something more respectful. Just my two cents.

 

We've actually found it. The worst post of the decade. 

 

giphy.gif

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   1 member