Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HH: Coach Speculation Publication: STs Kaczor; DBs Horton; TEs Angelichio; ILBs Rob Ryan; OC OConnell; QBs Rattay; Tomsula $$$

Malapropismic Depository

18 minutes ago, NeverSurrender said:

Did I miss something or did we let Manuski go?  Ill take Greg Williams all day if so.  

No we're bored with our current girlfriend and are afraid of being single, but definitely don't want to end up with one eyed Matilda at the end of the bar.

You know who should be the next Redskins defensive co-ordinator - Nick Saben - and i am only partially joking here. The reason being is Saben is kind of getting up there in age (okay well getting up there in age) has accomplished everything on the NCAA level but only has one year NFL miles on him - If he could bump that to three years (i think) then he would be eligable for an NFL pension - and well .... most of the team would kind of know him ...  just saying ... 

9 hours ago, Califan007 said:

I don't use advanced analytics but don't deny their importance, either. Anyway, what this guy says...does anyone know if this is true? He doesn't seem to consider the effects of monstrous injuries to the OLine, either, unless he's saying the declining performance was happening even when the OLine was 100% healthy:

Jason Perkins @jperkalator82

Replying to @JPFinlayNBCS

IF, big IF, the Redskins use advanced analytics to compare vs mean or rest of league, they would universally find the OL and DL are among the worst in the league in by all advanced measures - a trend with Callahan, Manusky, & Tomsula in the mix despite the heavy investments...

Why aren't they taking injuries into consideration with the OLine ?

Surely there must be a place for that in advanced analytics. :)

Notice how most of the injuries were on OLine, but yet the Dline which suffered almost no injuries in 2018, actually performed quite well.

Just another fact to support the injury reasoning on OL.

So, regarding the referenced stats that the DL is among the league in all advanced measures, I'd like to see evidence of those analytics,

since I don't see it on the field.

9 minutes ago, bedlamVR said:

You know who should be the next Redskins defensive co-ordinator - Nick Saben - and i am only partially joking here. The reason being is Saben is kind of getting up there in age (okay well getting up there in age) has accomplished everything on the NCAA level but only has one year NFL miles on him - If he could bump that to three years (i think) then he would be eligable for an NFL pension - and well .... most of the team would kind of know him ...  just saying ... 

I like the idea but he's not going from God of college football (despite his recent ass kicking) to a coordinator in the nfl.

He's already been a head coach and with his success in college he'd probably get multiple offers to be a head coach again if he wanted to.

I definitely like the idea though. 

50 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Todd Bowles is deciding between Arizona and Chicago (Bruce Arians or Vance Joseph). He ain’t coming here. 

Tampa and Chicago....and possibly Cleveland.  Bowles and Kitchens both were on Arians coaching staff in AZ.  

24 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Torrian.  I stand corrected.  But as for Torain -- those Shanny running backs many with little pedigree, miss the days of having a good running scheme. 😀

Sadly, Williams to Washington isn't going to happen.

6 minutes ago, drowland said:

Tampa and Chicago....and possibly Cleveland.  Bowles and Kitchens both were on Arians coaching staff in AZ.  

Haven’t heard of Cleveland as being an option but that would make sense.

Adam schefter tweeted 2 hours ago “hold off on those Todd Bowles to Tampa stories for now. Matt nagys father coached Todd Bowles in high school, and Bowles is being considered to replace Vic fangio as Chicago’s defensive coordinator, per league sources. Nothing signed in Tampa”. 

Thats basically why i mentioned he’s deciding between Bucs and bears

38 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Sadly, Williams to Washington isn't going to happen.

Probably not.  The irony is from what I've observed it is the only thing aside from firing Bruce that some of the team's biggest critics on twitter are rallying behind of late.  Looks like Gregg is still popular with many Redskins fans, count me among them.

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Another former Skins assistant gets a HC job.

Matt LaFleur to coach GB.

Yes but breaking news GB coach Vince Lombadi - is slated to take over as HC of the Redskins ... and by breaking news i meanbreaking news in 1969 - :) 

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Probably not.  The irony is from what I've observed it is the only thing aside from firing Bruce that some of the team's biggest critics on twitter are rallying behind of late.  Looks like Gregg is still popular with many Redskins fans, count me among them.

Would like to have him as our DC but Snyder doesn't like the guy.  That's the issue.

Archived