Riggo-toni

Just a friendly reminder regarding our QBs

Posted (edited)

Since 1999 the Redskins have used or traded 6 first-round draft picks, 3 second-rounders, 4 thirds (though we will get one of those back as a comp pick), and 3 fourths on QBs.

Plus a few 6th/7ths for guys like Todd Husak, Danny Wuerffel (traded a 7th for him), Jordan Palmer, and Colt Brennan.

And for all that, we have Josh Johnson, oft-injured Colt McCoy, and about fifty million in cap space tied up in a guy who may never play again.

Enjoy your Monday!

Edited by Riggo-toni
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

9 hours ago, Dissident2 said:

You go to hell. You go straight to hell. 

He might find our future QB there.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

Since 1999 the Redskins have used or traded 6 first-round draft picks, 3 second-rounders, 4 thirds (though we will get one of those back as a comp pick), and 3 fourths on QBs.

Plus a few 6th/7ths for guys like Todd Husak, Danny Wuerffel (traded a 7th for him), Jordan Palmer, and Colt Brennan.

And for all that, we have Josh Johnson, oft-injured Colt McCoy, and about fifty million in cap space tied up in a guy who may never play again.

Enjoy your Monday!

I will; Just want to remind you about what happened the last time we were so bad at.  Quarterback.  Oh, wait, just a  minute, never mind

4 hours ago, joeken24 said:

He might find our future QB there.

But, will it be a cap friendly deal?

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

Enjoy your Monday!

You're so mean ! ;):P

Last time we drafted a franchise QB was back in 1937 with Sammy Baugh right ?, or am I mistaken ?

I hope we're going to find a gem in this draft eventhough I read that this draft class is weak. Last but not least Snyder has to keep his fingers out of the cookies jar. He's the one who was enamored with Sanchez in 2009, and RG3.

Edited by FrFan

14 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

Enjoy your Monday!

Don't know what's up with all the posters responding to your post but it's SPOT ON!

Ok...so I just got off the phone with a relative of Alex Smith.. this guy I talked to is married to Alex Smith's cousin... However it works out he kind of explained it and said he has communications with him all the time and that he had gone to a handful of games before he got injured.. he said he couldn't give out any information really that it's going to be a tough road but thinks he'll pull through...lol for what it's worth.. sorry stefanskins I forgot to tell him to tell Alex you said hi lol

29 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Tiss the off-season

But, we will WIN IT!

11 hours ago, aszumilo said:

But, will it be a cap friendly deal?

Not much, just the cost of your soul.

On 1/7/2019 at 11:29 AM, Riggo-toni said:

Enjoy your Monday!

You call that friendly?

Image result for i don't think you know what that word means gif

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Ok...so I just got off the phone with a relative of Alex Smith.. this guy I talked to is married to Alex Smith's cousin... However it works out he kind of explained it and said he has communications with him all the time and that he had gone to a handful of games before he got injured.. he said he couldn't give out any information really that it's going to be a tough road but thinks he'll pull through...lol for what it's worth.. sorry stefanskins I forgot to tell him to tell Alex you said hi lol

Beat guys say the impression they get is 2020 he will be back or if not he'd retire.  So this would fit the likely 2020 narrative.  

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Beat guys say the impression they get is 2020 he will be back or if not he'd retire.  So this would fit the likely 2020 narrative.  

Could you provide a pic of some sort on the leg where the bones broke..I mean obviously not exact pictures of his leg but where at on his leg did the bones break where did the brake happen?

4 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

Could you provide a pic of some sort on the leg where the bones broke..I mean obviously not exact pictures of his leg but where at on his leg did the bones break where did the brake happen?

I'll see if I can find something, he basically broke his shin in the front and the back, seemed to be the lower part of it above the ankle. 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I'll see if I can find something, he basically broke his shin in the front and the back, seemed to be the lower part of it above the ankle. 

Hmm..ya I'm no scientist but if I could see pictures of where the break is it would give me a little better understanding... If he is able to play again does he have to play with the Redskins or can he demand a trade of some sort?

Edited by bakedtater1
Edit content

Just now, bakedtater1 said:

Hmm..ya I'm no scientist but if I could see pictures of where the break it would give me a little better understanding... If he is able to play again does he have to play with the Redskins or can he demand a trade of some sort?

I think he'd be stuck here considering his salary and his age and coming off an injury.  If he can't come back until 2020 as some suggest, he's likely in a weird situation because I am guessing its a new coaching staff that we want to start fresh.  They can release him then and just take the cap hit. 

• Thanks 1