Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'd try and wait out the veteran QB market and sign who's left to a relatively cheap deal. There will be passable short term options. It starts with Foles and then you'll have Bridgewater and Flacco and Tyrod Taylor and even Bortles. or Fitzpatrick. And probably Case Keenum. They're not exciting options, but the Redskins can offer one of these guys a very strong chance to start, which most teams won't be able to.

38 minutes ago, Jericho said:

I'd try and wait out the veteran QB market and sign who's left to a relatively cheap deal. There will be passable short term options.  Bridgewater and Flacco and Tyrod Taylor and even Bortles. or Fitzpatrick. And probably Case Keenum. They're not exciting options,

Honestly out of those above mentioned candidates I'd rather stick with Colt McCoy, at least he's been in the system under Gruden for several seasons and accept for being injury prone imho is better then any of them. Flacco is clearly better but the cost would be way to high I'd think JMO

6 hours ago, ksun247 said:

Trim the fat off the roster. Take the cap hits, however painful that may be and suck it up. Draft BPA, each round. Trade back if you can for additional picks in later rounds and some next year. 

Do the best we can with our mediocre coaching and pray for the best. 

In other words, #TankForTua and #CleanHouse. No Allen and No Gruden and coaching staff.

I agree, for the most part. It's time for a complete tear-down. Trade any and all veteran players of value, get what we can back and  eat the cap hits now. I don't necessarily want us to tank, but if we make these moves:

image.png.3f95e898d1629956f72e26249c227249.png

...we aren't going to win many games anyway. I'd let players like Ryan Kerrigan and Trent Williams decide if they want to stay or not. They've put up with enough **** from this front office to get a say in it.

I don't mind Gruden, but won't mind when he's gone either. Bruce Allen can go to hell.

Our offseason and the next few years are already shot.  There is no plan, because the "plan" is survival for Gruden and Allen.

Though I think Gruden doesnt even want to coach the team anymore, and is kind of hoping to get fired, Allen will do anything to ensure his survival, and that means desperate decisions that try to get him another year, rather than long term growth, because he might not be here long term.  

With Smith on a massive contract and also out for the start of next year, next year SHOULD be a rebuild.  But it wont be, because Allen and Grudens jobs are on the line, and they will sell the team out to save their hide.

I will keep repeating this until it sinks in. This team is not the Washington Redskins; it is the Snyderskins. I refuse to even associate this bunch with the Redskins of the past and that includes the 1950s and early 60s when Eddie LeBaron, Jim Podoley (sp), Don Bossler of that era had losing records but were actually fun to watch. When Sam Baker kicked a 46 yard field goal to tie the Colts it was like a Super Bowl victory. This bunch just goes through the motions and it is all due to ownership and top management and nothing they do in the off season would make any difference. If the entire Saints team switched with the Snyderskins they would win 7 or 8 games max once the culture sunk in and the injury bug hit. Just collect your money and go home.

3 hours ago, steve09ru said:

am i reading it right that we'd free up ~20 million in cap by cutting normal, reed, brown?

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/washington-redskins/cap/2019/

Maybe, but then you gotta factor in we have to acquire their replacements.

If we're committing to a rebuild fine, but if we're keeping Gruden it means this FO still believes this team can "win now" so they'll further bury themselves in a hole cap wise.

20 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Maybe, but then you gotta factor in we have to acquire their replacements.

If we're committing to a rebuild fine, but if we're keeping Gruden it means this FO still believes this team can "win now" so they'll further bury themselves in a hole cap wise.

True - I'd say the one of those we'd need to replace would be norman and feel like that could be done for cheaper than the 8.5 million we'd save

Brucey's plan to win back/distract the fanbase. 

1) Trade picks and young d-linemen to Pitt for Antonio Brown.

2) Sign RG3. Who cares what Jay thinks? We've never let him pick the QB.

3) Trot some legends out on opening day. 

4) If it doesn't work, find someone else to blame.

I truly cant believe we're doing this again with Gruden and Allen.  Not even just one of them, but BOTH of them.  SMH.  

Hell, if there are gonna be changes to the staff, when is that gonna happen?  We probably will see Manusky return too.

12 hours ago, tibbidoe said:

I agree, for the most part. It's time for a complete tear-down. Trade any and all veteran players of value, get what we can back and  eat the cap hits now. I don't necessarily want us to tank, but if we make these moves:

Am I crazy for thinking the kicker is the player I want to lose the least on that list?

13 hours ago, tibbidoe said:

...we aren't going to win many games anyway. I'd let players like Ryan Kerrigan and Trent Williams decide if they want to stay or not. They've put up with enough **** from this front office to get a say in it.

I don't mind Gruden, but won't mind when he's gone either. Bruce Allen can go to hell.

Agree with most of those cut/trade options and think it is the way to go although Keim seems to think that there is no way we don't keep Reed.  I would not even entertain the idea of cutting Alex though, I think that would actually overshadow all of the other crass things we have done as an organization and truly confirm that Dan and Bruce are total dirtbags. 

Would add to the cut and trade that we should not waste money trying to sign Crowder or Smith.  I think Quinn can fill Crowders role for cheap for the next few years and Smith is all potential and no end product.

I just don’t know what to think about Manusky.  15th In pts, 17th In yards, tied for 10th in takeaways.  29th in 3rd down D (ouch), but 7th in 2017 (so he can get production out of the D).  

Considering 1) offensive struggles (though they didn’t turn the ball over for much of the year), and 2) defensive personnel issues - young/raw corners, exposed ILBs, and lackluster safety play (Dix)... those (above) aren’t bad numbers.  He seems to get good production out of good units - corners and OLBs last year, Dline this year.  On the other hand, he doesn’t seem able to mask weaknesses.  So I don’t know.  Probably not as bad as some make him out to be, but not good enough for me to have any real problem cutting ties with him.  Definitely better than Haslett and Barry, but that’s about as low as a bar can get.  

14 hours ago, ashlynskins said:

Honestly out of those above mentioned candidates I'd rather stick with Colt McCoy, at least he's been in the system under Gruden for several seasons and accept for being injury prone imho is better then any of them. Flacco is clearly better but the cost would be way to high I'd think JMO

Colt hasn't finished any three game stretch without being injured. It's pointless to waste scarce cap space on someone who is neither good nor healthy.

3 hours ago, Smurf3 said:

I will keep repeating this until it sinks in. This team is not the Washington Redskins; it is the Snyderskins. I refuse to even associate this bunch with the Redskins of the past and that includes the 1950s and early 60s when Eddie LeBaron, Jim Podoley (sp), Don Bossler of that era had losing records but were actually fun to watch. When Sam Baker kicked a 46 yard field goal to tie the Colts it was like a Super Bowl victory. This bunch just goes through the motions and it is all due to ownership and top management and nothing they do in the off season would make any difference. If the entire Saints team switched with the Snyderskins they would win 7 or 8 games max once the culture sunk in and the injury bug hit. Just collect your money and go home.

I understand the sentiment, but I do feel like I've read this multiple times in multiple threads. We get it. Unfortunately, this IS the Washington Redskins and the only way for our organization to get back on track is for ownership and top management to figure it out. 

3 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

Not at all. Maybe I am overlooking something, but I don't get the reasoning behind cutting Hopkins. 

4 hours ago, justice98 said:

Am I crazy for thinking the kicker is the player I want to lose the least on that list?

Agreed.  Hopkins has been solid, no need to go back to kicker roulette. 

of Trent or Ryan can get me a 3rd or better I trade, honestly ( and that hurts)

as as far as draft I believe in the mcclouglin way bpa, focus on defense and draft a qb to develop...

forget injuries this this team doesn’t know personnel...  we traded fuller and cut scandrick, then had a thin secondary...  

we gave sudfeld up and lost 3 qb’s and sudfeld comes in and does something ....

for or me I just want a team with a qb jay is developing...  bc that’s what jay was brought in here to do develop...

so give me little , lodge, and love if I can get it...  then a qb like Thorson after that...

17 hours ago, skinny21 said:

I just don’t know what to think about Manusky.

I think he was forced to dial back aggressiveness to slow play the game to support the Alex Smith Managed offense. Yes, we were a closet bend don't break defense. We fooled people for much of the year because our DL was viable.   A studly 4 man rush can win games, but not for an entire year. OCs eventually play the tendencies knowing we barely blitz, or bring 1 BFD, and it eventually gets exposed.  A static 4 man rush lets the OC just keep rolling his game plan, and doesn't force adjustments.  That D does not dictate, and lives off of turnovers by forcing a QB to many complete throws on every drive. And just hoping for a screw up when we have our DBs jump others routes.  Meanwhile, its easy as pie for the QB and offense to get rhythm, and are dialed in. By design. Ours.  We always hear about an offense needing rhythm, and the BDB gives it out in spades.

QBs just don't get rattled with a 4 man rush (short of the best DL out there).  Pressure on the QB is a major key to victory, I am convinced.  We have all seen great QBs wilt in the face of pressure. That is the only thing to stop them, short of our own great QB. #pipedream

It was easiest to see BDB watching our ILBs reading on almost all plays, vs attacking.  Which takes away from their strengths (aggression), makes them take poor angles since they aren't used to letting a back get a full head of steam before taking their first step. We complain they look slow.  I offer as evidence Zach Brown stud in 17 to Zach Brown dud in 18.   Did you ever see Dix at the LOS?  Blitzing? Our D was static and easy to game plan against.

If the plan is to play bend don't break again next year, just keep Manusky and spare us fans from the annual false promises of a new DC to be "an aggressive and attacking D"  blah blah

I have been thinking about this offseason stuff.  Maybe my plan ought to spend more time in the gym not to think about the Snyderskins.  Outside of my unfortunate interest in the Snyderskins and the spare time around my waist  I do a pretty good job managing my life so that is my offseason plan.

Archived