Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

R. Kelly... Smoke and fire it seems.

Kosher Ham

34 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I think with MJ wasn’t even really convicted of anything.  Plus, he died before they could really “Bill Crosby” him.  Sure, he was a creep.  I still listen to his music today and Thriller and Bad are two wonderful works of music.

Off the Wall is one of the greatest pieces of musical work ever.

@Llevron brings up another point about R. Kelly. His music basically told us what he was doing. "My mind's telling me no, but my body is telling me yes," "the pied piper of R&B," "Imma bad man, and not ashamed of it," and all the other sexual music he writes. Man wrote "Age Ain't Nothing But a Number" for a 14 year-old Aaliyah that he was sexing and illegally married.

Mike Jack's music was never about child molestation or anything to suggest that. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Do tell.  Not that I am disagreeing, just curious to hear your thoughts on it.  You're saying there wouldn't be room for both?

There were plenty of other female r&b artists around that same time... Her,  Jill Scott, India Arie, Alicia Keys just to name a few, but Beyonce became the "It Girl,"  starring in movies, etc and that continued once she got with Jay-Z and pretty much didn't look back once she dropped Dangerously in Love.

I always felt like though all of those artists held very unique qualities, Aaliyah was the o e who basically had everything, and was charming and magnetic. I've never really felt that way about Beyonce.  But when Aaliyah died, Beyonce was the one most in position to take off. They would've done it together, but Beyonce wouldn't have a stranglehold like she has now. Not close.

1 minute ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

ehh, lets not go too far. Beyonce was already a star when Aaliyah was alive.

Its the Ashanti's and Ol Yeller Alicia Keys and them you can point too.

Just did.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

She would certainly have competition for dominant black female crossover artists.  Aaliyah had to be recasted for her role in the Matrix sequel after her death while Beyonce was still part of Destiny's Child.

Beyonce was filming Austin Powers 3 when Aaliyah died. (Aaliyah was a way better actress than Beyonce, but that has to be pointed out)

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Just did.

Yeah, it is just not true. Beyonce was a star while Aaliyah was alive.

I was of age then. I was there.

• Like 1

Just now, BenningRoadSkin said:

Beyonce was filming Austin Powers 3 when Aaliyah died. (Aaliyah was a way better actress than Beyonce, but that has to be pointed out)

That's kinda what I'm getting at, pretty much. I think she was the total package

3 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Yeah, it is just not true. Beyonce was a star while Aaliyah was alive.

What isn't true?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

ehh, lets not go too far. Beyonce was already a star when Aaliyah was alive.

Its the Ashanti's and Ol Yeller Alicia Keys and them you can point too.

Wash your mouth out with soap, none of them play a single musical instrument except Alicia.

Image result for alicia keys piano  

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

That's kinda what I'm getting at, pretty much. I think she was the total package

What isn't true?

that Beyonce wouldn't be a big star today if Aaliyah was alive.

Beyonce was always coming. 

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Wash your mouth out with soap, none of them play a single musical instrument except Alicia.

If she washed her mouth, she may be a better singer.

Just now, Mr. Sinister said:

Also, if you acknowledge that Aaliyah was the better actress, then um, it sounds like you agree with my overall point lol

It doesn't because Beyonce is the biggest pop star in the world. No one cares about her acting, which is my point.

4 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

that Beyonce wouldn't be a big star today if Aaliyah was alive.

Beyonce was always coming. 

It doesn't because Beyonce is the biggest pop star in the world. No one cares about her acting, which is my point.

Ok, Jay

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

@Mr. Sinister already touched on my point that I felt Aaliyah was already ahead of her in many respects and acting was one of them (which I don't agree has to be pointed out considering how popular Queen of Damned was).  Beyonce is someone who I keep telling people ain't part of no Illuminati because of how talented she is, she don't need it.  Having said that, Aaliyah absolutely woulda been a rival to her, that's somebody who you could see headlining a SuperBowl halftime show by herself as well, easy.

8 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

That is not a hot take I would stand by, but we are absolutely getting off track here.  

I feel betrayed by you right now, but we will have to settle that elsewhere.  

Image result for point fingers at eyes and person gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Ok, Jay

Speaking of that, dude recorded two albums with R, Kelly. No one talks about that.

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Beyonce is someone who I keep telling people ain't part of no Illuminati because of how talented she is, she don't need it.  Having said that, Aaliyah absolutely woulda been a rival to her, that's somebody who you could see headlining a SuperBowl halftime show by herself as well, easy.

My only point is that Beyonce wasn't being stopped by Aaliyah. I never said Aaliyah would not have been a big star in her own right.

Rihanna is around today, actually a better actor than Beyonce by miles (not hard, tbf). And she isnt stopping the Beyonce movement.

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

@Mr. Sinister already touched on my point that I felt Aaliyah was already ahead of her in many respects and acting was one of them (which I don't agree has to be pointed out considering how popular Queen of Damned was).  Beyonce is someone who I keep telling people ain't part of no Illuminati because of how talented she is, she don't need it.  Having said that, Aaliyah absolutely woulda been a rival to her, that's somebody who you could see headlining a SuperBowl halftime show by herself as well, easy.

Think we just got our wires crossed, is all. "Would not be what she has become" does not mean "Was not already a star (Aaliyah was as well, and was already being tapped for more roles when she died)," nor does it mean she would not have gone o  to big success as they both embarked on solo careers...... Nor does it have a goddamn thing to do with how popular Beyonce is now, because Aaliyah has been dead for almost 20 years lol.

Loved her voice (which I felt was better than Beyonce's) Not sure I've heard Beyonce actually sing in over a decade lol.

1 hour ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

Speaking of that, dude recorded two albums with R, Kelly. No one talks about that.

My only point is that Beyonce wasn't being stopped by Aaliyah. I never said Aaliyah would not have been a big star in her own 

Stopped is highly subjective, which is why I didn't use it lol

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

My only point is that Beyonce wasn't being stopped by Aaliyah. I never said Aaliyah would not have been a big star in her own right.

Rihanna is around today, actually a better actor than Beyonce by miles (not hard, tbf). And she isnt stopping the Beyonce movement.

In all fairness (and I really want to get back to this scumbag from Chicago), I don't believe anyone said Beyonce would be stopped.

I said they'd be going back and forth like two Divas with crossover appeal, which is what made Beyonce rare because of the time she basically went unchallenged in the music industry.  It's really tough because I do believe Aaliyah didn't want to overly sexualize herself to sell records (no doubt in my mind her experience with R.Kelly had something to do with that) but more people probably even now are attracted to Beyonce, no matter which way she presents herself.

21 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Think we just got our wires crossed, is all.

Yep, that's exactly what happened.  She so yellow they made an SNL skit about when White People realized she was Black.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Springfield said:

What’s next, people are going to accuse Jay Z of using drug money to sell records?

That'll never happen like this is going down because Jay eventually stopped, regardless of what he puts in his lyrics.

Edited by Renegade7

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

I'll go further, neither woulda Justin Timberlake, because that's who Timbaland went to focus on next after she died.  

Neptunes produced his lead single...but overall he did need Tim.  Timberlake owes his ENTIRE solo career to his producers. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I said they'd be going back and forth like two Divas with crossover appeal, which is what made Beyonce rare because of the time she basically went unchallenged in the music industry.

I don't believe that would have happened.

Beyonce was already a star at the time and if we are being real, Beyonce is a bigger talent than Aaliyah. Rihanna exists right now and isn't slowing down Beyonce.

34 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Convenient for him to say that. He was dating Aaliyah yet was in the "Fiesta" video in 2001.

I'm down for getting on Jay, I brought it up and his rebrand is bothering me, but Dame can't say much imo.

5 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

I don't believe that would have happened.

Beyonce was already a star at the time and if we are being real, Beyonce is a bigger talent than Aaliyah. Rihanna exists right now and isn't slowing down Beyonce.

Convenient for him to say that. He was dating Aaliyah yet was in the "Fiesta" video in 2001.

I'm down for getting on Jay, I brought it up and his rebrand is bothering me, but Dame can't say much imo.

What rebrand?