OVCChairman

Per TMZ: Reuben Foster Cleared of Charges

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Sticksboi05 said:

 

So OJ didn't do it then?

The gloves didn't fit HAHA!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This has no bearing on whether or not it was a bad move by the FO, which it was.  This guy has serious maturity and self-control issues.  We'll be luck if he doesn't beat this chick to death before it's all said and done.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Darc Requiem said:

Not a fan of Witten but given his background, I understand his reaction to domestic violence. IIRC his mom had to literally sneak out with kids to get away from his abusive father.

 

That's a traumatic childhood, but his principles didn't stop him from kissing the asses of Greg Hardy and Ezekiel Elliot.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Peregrine said:

Thank you for picking out the least important difference.  The prosecutor often drops charges because the accuser tells them they wont cooperate.

 

No, the real difference is that when charges are dropped that may or may not mean the prosecution thinks it didnt happen, it means they dont think they can convict.  If you paid attention to the last time he got charges dropped, the prosecutors dropped the charges, but said they thought he was guilty, however the accuser said she refused to cooperate and didnt want him charged.  This is completely different from being the prosecutor investigating the issue thoroughly, and deciding nothing happened and feeling he is clear.

 

I may have my facts wrong on this, but I thought he was still prosecuted last time, even though she recanted.  My understanding was that she went to police to recant her accusation about Foster abusing her.  When they asked her about how she received the injuries that she had attributed to abuse from Foster, she told them a story that they did not believe.  So, I think they proceeded with prosecuting Foster without her cooperation.  Then, when she testified in court, she said Foster didn't cause her injuries... and then gave a different story about how her injuries "really" occurred.  That alternative explanation for the injuries during her testimony was also apparently very different from her alternative explanation for the injuries that she gave when she first recanted the allegation against Foster.  So, if this is accurate, it makes her retraction of the initial abuse claim less credible.  I think she later said in an interview that she was lying when she retracted the abuse claim.  So, long story short, nothing she says can be trusted either way it seems.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One hurdle, albeit a major one, may be cleared, but he's still on the exemption list and probably faces a multiple game suspension

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SAli457180 said:

One hurdle, albeit a major one, may be cleared, but he's still on the exemption list and probably faces a multiple game suspension

 

Even if they suspend him, he's already served his time this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have zero faith in him at all. I am pretty sure he's a little bit of a dumb dumb and was taken advantage of by this woman. He is a dumb dumb who likes assault weapons and gets arrested for drugs. 

 

I doubt he will ever get his life together. I'm not hoping he doesn't but I am far from optimistic that he will. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, sempre_victrix said:

This has no bearing on whether or not it was a bad move by the FO, which it was.  This guy has serious maturity and self-control issues.  We'll be luck if he doesn't beat this chick to death before it's all said and done.

 

WTF could this comment possibly be based on? There is not one single shred of evidence that Foster EVER laid a hand on this or any woman, yet you believe if he doesn’t kill her during his time with the Redskins it will be due to nothing but luck?

 

We just keep going lower and lower on that down escalator of idiocy, don’t we lol...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

 

WTF could this comment possibly be based on? There is not one single shred of evidence that Foster EVER laid a hand on this or any woman, yet you believe if he doesn’t kill her during his time with the Redskins it will be due to nothing but luck?

 

We just keep going lower and lower on that down escalator of idiocy, don’t we lol...

 

The idiocy is that you believe that he never assaulted her simply because he has not been convicted of doing so. 

 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, goskins10 said:

 

Ok, so that came from my own post and they both say exactly the same thing. Not sure what your point is. Insufficient evidence is not the same as cleared. 

 

So YES, it's exactly what I said. 

I do not see "not enough evidence" as being the same as "insufficient evidence'. The former makes you believe there is some evidence but not enough of it the latter seems to say there isnt any evidence

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sempre_victrix said:

 

The idiocy is that you believe that he never assaulted her simply because he has not been convicted of doing so. 

 

 

...Wow lol

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

 

...Wow lol

 

You can not help some people.   Some are truly lost and live in a land that does not remotely resemble reality.   I'd pile on, but it's enough to know others share sanity and see the inane as clearly.

Edited by Art
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sempre_victrix said:

 

The idiocy is that you believe that he never assaulted her simply because he has not been convicted of doing so. 

 

lol wut, she is a gold digger man and when men cut her off from her $ supply she blackmails them. There is much more evidence for the theory that I just proposed than your nonsense. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, skinsfan35yrs. said:

I do not see "not enough evidence" as being the same as "insufficient evidence'.

giphy.gif

Edited by Rufus T Firefly
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, sempre_victrix said:

 

The idiocy is that you believe that he never assaulted her simply because he has not been convicted of doing so. 

 

whats even more idiotic is people wanting to ruin a mans life just because a woman says he hit her. And I know first hand. I spent 4 days in jail, lost my job all because an ex said i hit her whens all I did was grab her hands to keep from hitting me when she was in a drunken rage because she saw me with another female. Charges were dropped once the DA looked into it but the damage was done.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

 

I think he was talking about denotation as opposed to connotation but I agree it is splitting an extremely  fine hair

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, skinsfan35yrs. said:

I do not see "not enough evidence" as being the same as "insufficient evidence'. The former makes you believe there is some evidence but not enough of it the latter seems to say there isnt any evidence

 

Are we seriously down to playing word games? 🤪🤪 

 

Insufficient and Not Enough are the same thing. So just like the other poster - you can try to make this out to be what you want by making up tour own definitions just to fit a narrative but it will not change anything - 

 

image.png.6e65fa76c99ee7705b9e0eac665745bf.png

 

Edited by goskins10
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sticksboi05 said:

 

So OJ didn't do it then?

Chewbacca defense. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Art said:

 

If Smith can't play we can't sign anyone to come in other than drafted players and unrestricted free agents as we'll be cap crushed.   So if Smith is out, this will be our best news all offseason.

 

Currently we have 22.9 Million, plus the league's annual increase, plus the increases from released and re-structured players.

That isn't too shabby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, skinsfan35yrs. said:

whats even more idiotic is people wanting to ruin a mans life just because a woman says he hit her. And I know first hand. I spent 4 days in jail, lost my job all because an ex said i hit her whens all I did was grab her hands to keep from hitting me when she was in a drunken rage because she saw me with another female. Charges were dropped once the DA looked into it but the damage was done.

 

 I'm sorry that happened to you but what are we going to do, count stories like this against the amount of stories of women who are legitimately abused and see how we should proceed?

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

 

Currently we have 22.9 Million, plus the league's annual increase, plus the increases from released and re-structured players.

That isn't too shabby.

 

There are other moves that could be made in moving on from aging veterans or restructuring their contracts that can get the team to close to $50M. 

 

Having said that, my preference is they go with Colt/Josh/???? in 2019 and focus on the two lines - yes double down on the Dline - and the secondary. Work on QB in 2020. I have a much more detailed plan (since that's not the only thing I think we should do) but this is not the place for it. Bottom line is do not use resources this year for a QB - no matter what! But I fear that will do just that - hit that we must win now panic button and dig the hole deeper. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure where to post this so my apologies.   Jacoby is not in Hall of Fame finalists that was released about an hour or two ago.  I can't find any reaction to this whatsoever.  <scratching head>

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Sticksboi05 said:

 

 I'm sorry that happened to you but what are we going to do, count stories like this against the amount of stories of women who are legitimately abused and see how we should proceed?

 

 

NO our country proceeds with INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY :) Unfortunately this is not the case more often in this country?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

 

Are we seriously down to playing word games? 🤪🤪 

 

Insufficient and Not Enough are the same thing. So just like the other poster - you can try to make this out to be what you want by making up tour own definitions just to fit a narrative but it will not change anything - 

 

image.png.6e65fa76c99ee7705b9e0eac665745bf.png

 

goskins10 The bottom line is RF was cleared of all charges today in Tampa and "You" tried to spin that fact earlier and got called out for it. So IT was YOU who's"playing word games" my friend 🤪

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still think this was not a great move... but how long before we find out how long he is suspended for?

 

Also, cops has no reason to sweep this under the rug, if there was evidence the DA would love a high profile case like this.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.