Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Parcells sends a message to their #1 draft pick

Parcells says "Its my way or the highway." Are you listening Spurrier? :laugh:

-- Ekuban Ticked -- from FFMastermind.com

The Star-Telegram reports an obviously frustrated DT Ebenezer Ekuban became the first Cowboys player to criticize first-year HC Bill Parcells, saying the decision to deactivate him for Sunday's game against Philadelphia was "handled in a very classless manner." "I would think coach Parcells would come and talk to me personally, say, 'I'm going to go this route,' and let me know exactly, show some respect. But I found out the night before that he was going to sleep on it," Ekuban said. "So the day of the game, no one tells me. I just go in the locker room and see my equipment not there." Parcells is concerned with Ekuban's pedigree. Or his history. "No. 1 draft pick doesn't have anything to do with anything around here. Any more," Parcells said. "It's a production game. It's as simple as that. It's a production game."

Man, you guys that think Spurrier needs to be a Marine drill sargeant need to read the article about Frosty Westering in the November 24, 2003 issue of ESPN the Magazine. I mean, if kids can respond to being treated like a human being, surely paid professionals can. It is a good read I recommend to everyone.

Originally posted by gridironmike

Man, you guys that think Spurrier needs to be a Marine drill sargeant need to read the article about Frosty Westering in the November 24, 2003 issue of ESPN the Magazine. I mean, if kids can respond to being treated like a human being, surely paid professionals can. It is a good read I recommend to everyone.

Frosty is the man, that was a great article.

Originally posted by mhd24

Didn't Marty do this? What did that get him? Parcells is smart in that he is targeting players that are not leaders or great players. Marty did this Darrell Green and Larry Centers.

Didn't Parcell's have problems with Emitt, which ended up in Emitt gettting released?

Archived