Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

Getting very concerned about Stras long-term prospects, he just cannot stay healthy...

11 runs was fun, but, we're guaranteed to not score 11 runs over our next 4 games.

Side note, people are sleeping on Schwarber. Currently has 117 OPS+, hitting .245/.357/.500 in May and .298/.431/.468 with RISP. He's been a very solid signing.

2 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Getting very concerned about Stras long-term prospects, he just cannot stay healthy...

And yet this is the guy the Lerner's backed the brinks truck up for, not Rendon - it sure hasn't paid off very well. Stras is always injured... he's like an elite sports car, the maintenance level is crazy and expensive.

46 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

And yet this is the guy the Lerner's backed the brinks truck up for, not Rendon - it sure hasn't paid off very well. Stras is always injured... he's like an elite sports car, the maintenance level is crazy and expensive.

Rendon is hurt all the time too

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, skinswillwin06 said:

Rendon is hurt all the time too

ya.. i was about to make the argument last night that we shouldve given Rendon some of the $ we gave Stras, but I looked up to see how Rendon was doing. looks like he's been a bust for the Angels too

• Like 2

13 hours ago, mammajamma said:

ya.. i was about to make the argument last night that we shouldve given Rendon some of the $ we gave Stras, but I looked up to see how Rendon was doing. looks like he's been a bust for the Angels too

Kris Bryant will be an unrestricted FA won’t cost as much as Rendon did. Chess, not checkers! Ha 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, -JB- said:

Kris Bryant will be an unrestricted FA won’t cost as much as Rendon did. Chess, not checkers! Ha 

If they don't bring Schwarber back (and right now, I'd be all for it), Starling Marte is a FA too. An OF of Soto, Robles, and Marte would be pretty amazing.

• Like 1

On 6/3/2021 at 9:39 AM, Riggo#44 said:

If they don't bring Schwarber back (and right now, I'd be all for it), Starling Marte is a FA too. An OF of Soto, Robles, and Marte would be pretty amazing.

Marte is a little too old to throw serious money to unless you can get him one a one year deal, IMO.

2 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

He's 32. A 3 or 4 year deal would not be out of the question 

Yeah, I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets a multi year deal from somebody.  I’m just not big on paying a 35-36 year old big money when you need to keep Trae and Soto, and you’ll be carrying Strasburg at $35M.