Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

6 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Some talk on Reddit of some "MeToo" allegations against FP.. 

Seeing that and also seeing contract negotiations talk. Just seems weird that they keep letting him back if it's metoo. If I had to guess, we're going to get Dan/Bob for most of the season

Sounds like FP is done. The story that is breaking on twitter. Is last weekend MASN was alerted about possible misconduct by FP. They informed the Team was being pulled and investigation would be done. Sounds like he was cleared of it. Allowed back on the air. The Team was made aware of new misconduct that was on twitter DM. MASN has pulled him indefinitely. Sounds like a He/Said situation. My guess is he will be quietly let go in the next few weeks.

• Like 1

There is no reason Rainey should be put into a game again this season unless it's absolutely necessary.  Let him sit or dfa him.  There's 5 other guys in the bullpen that are more reliable right now. Davey needs to put someone in that gives them a chance to win.

36 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Man, I don't know how much longer we can continue to run Josh Bell out there. He is just ****ing terrible. At this rate the clock is ticking for those three letters: D. F. A.

Yes.  Josh Bell is terrible.  Gotta chalk this one up as one of Rizzo’s bad moves.  He hasn’t had many but man this guy flat out sucks.

Rizzo may need to make some moves sooner rather than later.

This lineup? no bueno.

Shame about Bell. He was the best hitter on the team in the spring. Then Covid. Now looks completely lost at the plate.

Edited by CRobi21

1 hour ago, CRobi21 said:

Rizzo may need to make some moves sooner rather than later.

This lineup? no bueno.

Shame about Bell. He was the best hitter on the team in the spring. Then Covid. Now looks completely lost at the plate.

I think it's too early to pull the plug on Bell.  He's under team control for another year.  He's hitting better in May (almost impossible not to and still bad) and we've seen that the covid break wreaked havoc with Schwarber too.  I think you give him another month (unless he regresses to April level bad for a sustained stretch).

We do need to either start hitting better or upgrade somewhere.

This team is a deadly combination: mediocre, old, and expensive. Worse yet, there aren't a whole lot of reinforcements in the minors. The closest to the majors are all pitchers. This might get worse before it gets better.

For the 1st time in 10-12 years, I'm more excited about the WFT than I am about the Nationals.

Edited by Riggo#44
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

This team is a deadly combination: mediocre, old, and expensive. Worse yet, there aren't a whole lot of reinforcements in the minors. The closest to the majors are all pitchers. This might get worse before it gets better.

For the 1st time in 10-12 years, I'm more excited about the WFT than I am about the Nationals.

Yep I think its time to rebuild. This is why I suggested the possibility of trading Scherzer. Obviously if we're contending that's different, but if we're like 5+ games out at the end of July and some team with title aspirations offers a haul? It'd be silly not to consider it.

I'm just happy we were able to cash in and win a World Series. I can live off that for another few years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1