Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Washington Nationals Thread: Time for Another One!

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

I'll take Ryan Zimmerman slashing .300/.380/.600. When he came back last year, he slashed .295/.380/.531 over 52 game.

Little worried about him eating into Dozier’s or Kendrick’s ABs. Both of them are absolutely raking right now. 

Two hours later and I still can’t believe we won that game.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Little worried about him eating into Dozier’s or Kendrick’s ABs. Both of them are absolutely raking right now.

More depth is a good thing. 

I'm still amped up we won that game last night. It's the definition of "gritty, gutty"

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I'm still amped up we won that game last night. It's the definition of "gritty, gutty"

This is way premature but the team reminds me a bit of the championship Caps team in that they struggled some early and hit their stride mid-season. Nats have way more ground to make up if they’re going to take the division. Plenty of games left against Atlanta to do it though. 

Add a solid reliever or two in the next month and this team can go far. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

This is way premature but the team reminds me a bit of the championship Caps team in that they struggled some early and hit their stride mid-season. Nats have way more ground to make up if they’re going to take the division. Plenty of games left against Atlanta to do it though. 

Add a solid reliever or two in the next month and this team can go far. 

I think we found our 8th inning guy but if we can add another arm in the pen that would be great.  Suero, Rainey, Doolittle is a great 7-8-9.  If we go 10-6 against ATL in the 16 games, in reality we need to only catch up 2.5 games the rest of the week . If this team wants to make the playoffs, we all knew they had to play some stretches at 700+ ball or even 800 and they are doing that now.  

Edited by skinfan2k
  • Like 1
58 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

I think we found our 8th inning guy but if we can add another arm in the pen that would be great.  Suero, Rainey, Doolittle is a great 7-8-9.  If we go 10-6 against ATL in the 16 games, in reality we need to only catch up 2.5 games the rest of the week . If this team wants to make the playoffs, we all knew they had to play some stretches at 700+ ball or even 800 and they are doing that now.  

wouldn't just be Suero/Rainey/Doolittle. Gotta imagine we will not be buyers around the deadline, and that a reliever will be coming in that can be the 8th inning/spot closer in the event that god forbid Doolittle gets hurt

1 hour ago, skinfan2k said:

Suero and Rainey aren’t guys you’re going to want to rely on all season and into the postseason based on a couple weeks of effective pitching. Bullpen looks much more solid now than it did a month ago but that could change in an instant. If the Nats are in contention, they need to add at least one top end bullpen arm. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Punch em in the mouth!

Did I read that graphic right?  Atlanta's starter tonight is allowing close to 2 and half homeruns per 9 innings pitched?  

Offense doing what it's supposed to do when some bamma like that comes into your stadium.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Riggo#44 changed the title to 2021 Washington Nationals Thread: Time for Another One!