Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

I still believe in Suero. He's not a stud but he's got the stuff to be a solid contributor. 

Right now this Nats team looks like the talented but frustrating bunch I grew to know in 2015 and 2018. With a league average number of blown saves, we would be right in the thick of the playoff race, but that's the thing, isn't it? The FO skimps in one area and it buries everything else. Garnish with a series of injuries and you've got a recipe for a .525-530 winning percentage. 

• Like 2

Would a black eye and broken nose actually have had any negative effect on max’s Pitching? I see Everyone on FB/twitter making a big deal of it, and maybe i dont know baseball that much, but how would his pitching have changed?

or is it the fact that he came out at all after having the black eye and broken nose? I agree That part is impressive. 

Either way, nice two wins today. We only made up one of Monday/Tuesday nights rainouts right? When’s the next makeup? Or were we not supposed to play tonight?

I had a broken nose once.  Breathing hurt.  Moving my head hurt.  It was miserable for about two weeks.  I can't imagine walking briskly with a broken nose, let alone going all out pitching like a madman.  That dude is impressive.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bcl05 said:

I had a broken nose once.  Breathing hurt.  Moving my head hurt.  It was miserable for about two weeks.  I can't imagine walking briskly with a broken nose, let alone going all out pitching like a madman.  That dude is impressive.  

Nevermind then. That’s impressive as ****.  That does sound painful.

I have a question....for double headers, do they make people leave the stadium between games? What if someone has seats from Monday nights game or last nights game and went today to the 1st game, and someone who was going to tonight’s game was supposed to sit in that same seat? Is that ever an issue?

Taped to  Max’s locker this afternoon was a note that said:

“ If you bunt tonight … PLEASE do us all a favor and wear this.”

“This” was an NC State football helmet, left there by Wolfpack alum Trea Turner.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I have a question....for double headers, do they make people leave the stadium between games? What if someone has seats from Monday nights game or last nights game and went today to the 1st game, and someone who was going to tonight’s game was supposed to sit in that same seat? Is that ever an issue?

Yes. They clear the stadium and then let people back in. Let's them clean up some also.

Even if you have tickets to both games. You need to go outside and come back in.

Man our schedule after the Braves series is a complete joke. We play the Marlins a bunch and then have interleague series against the Tigers and Royals before the All Star Break. Absolutely have to get back above .500 going into the summer classic if we wanna make a 2nd half run.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Man our schedule after the Braves series is a complete joke. We play the Marlins a bunch and then have interleague series against the Tigers and Royals before the All Star Break. Absolutely have to get back above .500 going into the summer classic if we wanna make a 2nd half run.

That was my stated goal somewhere in this thread before we started in our stretch of weaker teams... (which unfortunately started with us getting swept by the Mets in 4 games). Since then we’ve been hot though. 

Should be within a game of .500 by the break, and hopefully we can make up a little ground against the Braves this weekend. Pitching matchups aren’t great though. 😕

36 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

...hopefully we can make up a little ground against the Braves this weekend. Pitching matchups aren’t great though. 😕

They bumped Stras back so he can open the series tomorrow, so that helps...