Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

pay the man, Zimm's contract is off the books 

it has to happen. we're not trading him and getting nothing but a pick for him is organizational malpractice

on the bright side of things, reports said that he is a favorite of the Lerner's. they view him as more than a ballplayer

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1

#16 on the list, but the top pitcher

Only 16 yrs old, so it will be sometime before we see him

Scouting grades: Fastball: 60 | Curve: 50 | Changeup: 50 | Control: 55 | Overall: 55

Lara's fastball hovers in the 92-94 mph range and he's reached 96. His two-seam fastball might be his best pitch, but it's not his only weapon.

Lara's repertoire also features a power breaking ball. He also has a good feel for his changeup, which features some sink. The teen knows how to attack hitters and has shown good command of his pitches, and like most pitchers his age, Lara's control will improve as he develops and receives more instruction. There's some deception in his delivery and there's lot of aggressiveness in his approach. In short, he's a competitor with an edge and a strong arm. He profiles as a starter with top of the rotation projection because of his skill set and pitch abilities. The teen still has to learn how to harness his energy and power arm, and that process will begin in earnest once he signs with a team and enters the club's academy

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 3

Gotta love that scouting report though. It'll be at least 3-4 years before we know anything, but being the prospect-phile I am, I love watching these kids develop and grow. Followed Robles, Soto, and others as far back as their DSL days.

Just now, Riggo#44 said:

Gotta love that scouting report though. It'll be at least 3-4 years before we know anything, but being the prospect-phile I am, I love watching these kids develop and grow. Followed Robles, Soto, and others as far back as their DSL days.

I want more like him in the system. Stockpile arms, eventually you have to hit

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StillUnknown said:

I want more like him in the system. Stockpile arms, eventually you have to hit

Which is why I love drafting Denaburg, Cate, Schaller, Rutledge, Cronin, Dyson et al the last couple of years. Schaller, Cronin, and Dyson might prove a good bullpen arm or two--something we've failed to develop since Clippard.

More Nats Int'l signings:

Andry Lara, rhp, Venezuela
Rosimar Quintana, of, Venezuela
Eliesel Santana, of, Dominican Republic
Pablo Aldonis, rhp, Dominican Republic
Juan Garcia, ss, Dominican Republic
Dauri Martinez, ss, Dominican Republic

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

I'm happy to see we're back invested in the international market after the Smiley fiasco

It's one of Rizzo's most unheralded achievements--fixing our whole international department after Ralph and Rijo lined their pockets with it. We've traded Jefry Rodriguez and Reynaldo Lopez for major league talent. We have Wander Suero, Juan Soto, Victor Robles making significant contributions--the latter two are some of the brightest of the young stars in the game. We still have depth from our international scouting in players like Wilmer Difo. Our #2 prospect is from the Dominican in Luis Garcia.

This organization has made tremendous strides from abandoning the international market entirely after the Smiley Fiasco.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

It's one of Rizzo's most unheralded achievements--fixing our whole international department after Ralph and Rijo lined their pockets with it. We've traded Jefry Rodriguez and Reynaldo Lopez for major league talent. We have Wander Suero, Juan Soto, Victor Robles making significant contributions--the latter two are some of the brightest of the young stars in the game. We still have depth from our international scouting in players like Wilmer Difo. Our #2 prospect is from the Dominican in Luis Garcia.

This organization has made tremendous strides from abandoning the international market entirely after the Smiley Fiasco.

Rizzo is an outstanding GM. if only he could figure out the bullpen stuff, he'd be in Epstein territory...

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Rizzo is an outstanding GM. if only he could figure out the bullpen stuff, he'd be in Epstein territory...

I'm going to say it--Theo Epstein isn't as good as people say. He got extremely lucky in Chicago. His FA signings there have all been disasters:

Jayson Heyward, Yu Darvish, Edwin Jackson (mistake by Rizzo there, not giving him the tender), trading Eloy Jimenez for Jose Quintana. I still think giving up Glyber Torres for Chapman was a mistake, I know I'm in the minority there. He did well putting the roster together, trading for Respect Me Rizzo, Bryant, Contreras, getting good Arrieta for 2+ years, signing Lester--like Rizzo here. If it doesn't rain in Game 7, we'd be talking about Epstien giving way the farm and missing the chance.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I'm going to say it--Theo Epstein isn't as good as people say. He got extremely lucky in Chicago. His FA signings there have all been disasters:

Jayson Heyward, Yu Darvish, Edwin Jackson (mistake by Rizzo there, not giving him the tender), trading Eloy Jimenez for Jose Quintana. I still think giving up Glyber Torres for Chapman was a mistake, I know I'm in the minority there. He did well putting the roster together, trading for Respect Me Rizzo, Bryant, Contreras, getting good Arrieta for 2+ years, signing Lester--like Rizzo here. If it doesn't rain in Game 7, we'd be talking about Epstien giving way the farm and missing the chance.

He also had almost 40-50 million more to operate with in those two places compared to DC

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

he broke the 2 biggest "curses" in sports

if not for standing by some players who are complete pieces of **** (Chapman and Russell), he would be unimpeachable 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

he broke the 2 biggest "curses" in sports

if not for standing by some players who are complete pieces of **** (Chapman and Russell), he would be unimpeachable 

It certainly helps that he had the highest payroll in the game.  

10 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

If he's hurting I want him to rest.

Scherzer should make up an injury and sit out too but the guy is a cyborg and will play and probably demand to pitch a complete game...lolol.

Scherzer don't get injured, injuries get Scherzer

cant imagine what it will be like for him on the mound tonight