Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

6 hours ago, Dan T. said:

We should throw in Keiboom with any trade that goes down.  I just haven't seen anything that shows me he's going to turn things around.  That throw to first on the slow roller lst night was the final straw for me to say pull the plug on that experiment.

Yes, I don’t think he ever showed any real promise of being a great player and since he is still so young it’s understandable Rizzo didn’t trade him because the market was never high on him.

so from what im reading (could be wrong), they only test unvaccinated players regularly. but if someone tests positive, they test everyone that was around him. so from that, it seems like trea is unvaccinated, tested positive, then everyone else had to get tested today (which revealed a bunch of players/staff are also positive, causing our game to get cancelled).

if that's true, that's a hell of a way for Trea to go out before he gets traded

Edited by mammajamma
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

so from what im reading (could be wrong), they only test unvaccinated players regularly. but if someone tests positive, they test everyone that was around him. so from that, it seems like trea is unvaccinated, tested positive, then everyone else had to get tested today (which revealed a bunch of players/staff are also positive, causing our game to get cancelled).

That’s exactly my understanding. Of course, Trea wasn’t necessarily the source of the virus entering the clubhouse. He could have easily caught it from an asymptomatic vaccinated player or coach. 

Edited by skinsfan_1215
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

Plus doesn't it mean they're unavailable for 10 days?

18 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

Sounds like four players and eight staffers.  One of the staffers was unvaccinated from what’s being reported.  How the hell do you let that happen?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

This guy again. Would feel underwhelmed by this return. 

Yeah, it’s not great.  It’s tough to get a good return on a rental.  Machado didn’t bring back much.  Paddack’s had a really rough year.  Maybe they see something in him.  Hopefully the Giants and Dodgers step up.

20 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

That's why I'd wanna deal with Tampa. Their farm is loaded and they're probably okay giving up some of it for a rental since they have a shot to win again and they can never pay the guys they develop anyway.

Seems like it's west coast or bust for Max

• Like 1

The return for Hand looks good considering how poor he’s pitched the past week or two. Adams hit well in 2019, his last full MiLB season. .269avg and 14 HR in 100 games. 

2 minutes ago, bearrock said:

Wow, so there were no takers for Max?

He’s getting moved. Apparently a few teams were curious about him health after he missed his last start. 

• Like 2