Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

Spring of fundamentals, and you don’t bunt there? We cannot fire Davey fast enough...

And 3 straight strikeouts after 2 on with nobody out. MAT has to bunt. Gomes has to bounce a ball to 2B and a run scores. Simple. Fundamental. But no, Davey goes with his ****ing gut and has MAT swing away, and then take a pitch down the ****ing middle of the plate. He has no feel for a game....

8th inning, time for the Padres to score 2 or more. And Barraclaugh pitching too. Time to add it the ridiculous way the team has been outscored in the 8th...

Edited by Popeman38

12 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

i'm not sure how much value he has now, we missed that boat to actually get something decent in return for him

Post-2017 NLDS was the time. 

Edited by Bacon
  • Like 2

Soto/Robles/Kiebloom...the future is super bright.

This might sound crazy but if we can't resign Rendon by the deadline and we're well out of the playoff race(as in 5+ out)...do we try to trade him for a jackpot package? I'm not sure what we'd get but I could imagine a contender wanting to go all in giving up a lot for him. Try to build a team of superstar young guys that will contend by 2021.

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Soto/Robles/Kiebloom...the future is super bright.

This might sound crazy but if we can't resign Rendon by the deadline and we're well out of the playoff race(as in 5+ out)...do we try to trade him for a jackpot package? I'm not sure what we'd get but I could imagine a contender wanting to go all in giving up a lot for him. Try to build a team of superstar young guys that will contend by 2021.

yes. it was bad enough letting Bryce walk for essentially nothing. can't do the same with Rendon

hopefully this will remain a hypothetical

Just now, StillUnknown said:

yes. it was bad enough letting Bryce walk for essentially nothing. can't do the same with Rendon

hopefully this will remain a hypothetical

But we wouldn't be letting him walk for nothing, that's the point. We'd be getting prospects back for him. Again, I'm talking only if some team blows us away with multiple top notch prospects. I wouldn't give him away for nothing.

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

But we wouldn't be letting him walk for nothing, that's the point. We'd be getting prospects back for him. Again, I'm talking only if some team blows us away with multiple top notch prospects. I wouldn't give him away for nothing.

i agree, maybe i didnt make that clear.

if we're out, and they dont feel they can resign him, he has to be traded

1 hour ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

I'd trade Rendon for a massive haul to an AL playoff team and ask him to keep us in mind for next season when he's a FA. 

This would be the best case (and ideal) scenario. Snag two, maybe three, legit pitching prospects for him.

The problem will be ownership. Last year Rizzo saw the writing on the wall, had a Harper trade lined up and ready to pull the trigger, but got the no-vote. Team finished 82-80 and Harper walked for nothing.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

it was bad enough letting Bryce walk for essentially nothing.

I will say this about that.

The centerpiece of that trade has a 12.75 ERA at AA: http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?player_id=656266#/career/R/pitching/2019/ALL

Garrett Stubs has a .608 OPS in AAA: http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?player_id=596117#/career/R/hitting/2019/ALL

We basically would have traded him for Erick Fedde and Spencer Kieboom.

Edited by Riggo#44

12 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

I'd trade Rendon for a massive haul to an AL playoff team and ask him to keep us in mind for next season when he's a FA. 

If/when we're double-digits out by the deadline, sell everyone. Doolittle, Rendon, Dozier, Eaton, MAT...