Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

_____

Found this, about why Rodney wears his cap like that:

Rodney says he wears his cap tilted to the left side of his head as a tribute to his father — Ulise Rodney — who died six days before Fernando made his major league debut with the Tigers in 2002. Ulise was a fisherman in the Dominican Republic and wore his cap tilted to the side because “that's the side the sun hits his face.”

He also says the tilted cap can be confusing for both hitters and base-runners. “The hitter looks for your eyes. It's like a dog. When you go somewhere, the first thing (a dog) looks at is your eyes and how you move.”

https://www.foxsports.com/arizona/story/introducing-fernando-rodney-cap-arrow-numbers-120716

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Suero has been great. I'm still irritated about giving Rosenthal almost 3x what Greg Holland got...

Regardless. Move forward. Need to figure out who can take some 9th innings from time to time. If Suero is your locked in 8th inning guy. Then you need to make a decision and stick with it for who will be the occasional 9th guy when Doolittle is recovering. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

I'd love to pull off another Souza for Turner type deal...with MAT playing the role of Souza

But Souza actually had some potential whereas MAT is a just a replacement level player who can’t hit at this point. I think he’s got minimal trade value.

• Like 2

Just now, skinsfan_1215 said:

But Souza actually had some potential whereas MAT is a just a replacement level player who can’t hit at this point. I think he’s got minimal trade value.

Maybe someone can think they can get the 2017 production out of him?