Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

Just now, skinfan2k said:

you know Doolittle will end up on the DL at this rate

It was the same problem with Dusty in '17. He either had to run his pitchers upwards of 120 pitches, or pull in crap relievers. We have one good reliever right now. Austin Williams ****ting rancid Taco Bell diarrhea all over the bed last night didn't help. Ross has to get some innings. Barraclough should be fresh. Grace, Rosenthal, and Sipp are unusable. Suero might need another day. We should have sent Williams down and called up...well...anyone.

https://deadspin.com/one-last-opening-day-at-a-dying-minor-league-ballpark-1834058240

So I have been noted as having an obsession with collecting bobble heads and sports memorabilia and a minor league stadium is always good for that as well as having a relaxed vibe. You just sit in the stands and watch baseball and sometimes a ball comes flying in the bleachers and you have to run like hell so it doesn't bop you on the head. 

This is the P-Nats last season at Woodbridge before they move to Fredericksburg. 

I normally hate Deadspin but this is a really, really good article on the Pfitz, which is one of the few ballparks left in the country that is so...basic in amenities that MiLB basically mandated the P Nats to move somewhere else. It wasn't flashy, and it wasn't glitzy, it was run down. But it was the Pfitz. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StillUnknown said:

Corbin has been all that you could ask for to start the season. very relaxing watching him pitch

I have every intention of going to the Corbin game of the upcoming Dodgers series, if I have a choice in the matter. He's gone above and beyond for us. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ixcuincle said:

https://deadspin.com/one-last-opening-day-at-a-dying-minor-league-ballpark-1834058240

So I have been noted as having an obsession with collecting bobble heads and sports memorabilia and a minor league stadium is always good for that as well as having a relaxed vibe. You just sit in the stands and watch baseball and sometimes a ball comes flying in the bleachers and you have to run like hell so it doesn't bop you on the head. 

This is the P-Nats last season at Woodbridge before they move to Fredericksburg. 

I normally hate Deadspin but this is a really, really good article on the Pfitz, which is one of the few ballparks left in the country that is so...basic in amenities that MiLB basically mandated the P Nats to move somewhere else. It wasn't flashy, and it wasn't glitzy, it was run down. But it was the Pfitz. 

I played my senior year high school tournament at the Pfitz.  Well, round 1 and 2, and the championship game would have been there if the grounds crew wasn’t at lunch and put the tarp down when it started to rain. Cost me a championship as a senior. Would have played against the other teams #3 starter with our #1 going. Instead, they get to rest and use #1 in the postponed championship game (think he was drafted in the 27th round or something like that by the Padres.  Lost 2-1 on a frigid, windy game. My season ended when a pinch runner got picked off 1st with 2 outs and the tying run on 3rd. 3-1 count. You could hear the 1B coach tell him, get a small lead, don’t risk getting picked off seconds before he froze on the puck off and was out by 2 feet. If he dives back, the tying run scores, because runner broke once to 1st. 

23 years ago, and I can remember every detail. Last sporting event of my high school career. Damn....

Oh well, Nats are over .500!!!!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Popeman38 said:

My season ended when a pinch runner got picked off 1st with 2 outs and the tying run on 3rd. 3-1 count. You could hear the 1B coach tell him, get a small lead, don’t risk getting picked off seconds before he froze on the puck off and was out by 2 feet.

So Lobaton getting picked off in 2017 was particularly painful?

10 hours ago, Popeman38 said:

23 years ago, and I can remember every detail. Last sporting event of my high school career. Damn....

I vividly remember the last game of my HS career too. Really hit me late in the game that this was it (it wasn't a close game so I had several innings to absorb that).

13 hours ago, Popeman38 said:

The sublime pain of sports, and in particular, baseball.  If you'd won you wouldn't remember the sequence at all.