Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

16 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

I feel sad that the thread title is celebrating someone who isn't even on our team anymore.

Because it is a momentous occasion, he will always be a National, it should have been in our uniform. He's still our Hall of Famer.

16 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

Someone please ask Davey why he plays the infield in when a double play ends the inning/game...

Has happened multiple times this year. Even before the tanking.

It's probably a numbers thing--what's more likely, cutting the run off with a drawn-in infield or turning a DP? It also probably has to do with who is at the plate and who is at 3rd.

Edited by Riggo#44

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Really?  I dont see that as shut case if he wins a ring or two for the Dodgers.  Its not like we drafted him.

He's spent more time here than anywhere else and has more All Stars, Cy Youngs, and as of now World Series rings here than anywhere else.

The only way he doesn't go in as a Nat is if him and the organization really have a falling off and I don't see that happening. He and Davey had a drink together the night before he was dealt and IIRC he and his wife started some kind of charity organization in the area right after he left.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Really?  I dont see that as shut case if he wins a ring or two for the Dodgers.  Its not like we drafted him.

He would have to win several rings there--assuming he re-signs there to begin with. He absolutely is our HOFer, unless something incredibly insane happens.

The only thing I could see that would prevent this if he goes back to Detroit and wins another Cy and ring there. But how likely is that. Max is a National.

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

He and Davey had a drink together the night before he was dealt and IIRC he and his wife started some kind of charity organization in the area right after he left.

He literally cried with Davey.

Game 6 flashbacks!

Another terrible throw into the runner is rewarded.

And our staff wanted that last wild pitch reviewed, looked like it hit the batter on the foot. Umps just walked off. Reporters saying Davey is fuming.

Edited by CRobi21

10 hours ago, CRobi21 said:

Game 6 flashbacks!

Another terrible throw into the runner is rewarded.

And our staff wanted that last wild pitch reviewed, looked like it hit the batter on the foot. Umps just walked off. Reporters saying Davey is fuming.

So ridiculous--they just quit and walked off. MLB umps are the worst, most confrontational, childish of all officials.

How about some drills in West Palm Beach next spring on running down the first base line.  Three times now we've be stung by that.  It sucks, and how the umps have interpreted the rule has sucked in all the cases, but crap, let's just get where we can avoid the issue altogether. 

• Like 1

So baseball fans -I got a question after watching the Nationals lose yet ANOTHER extra inning games.

Regardless your thoughts about starting with a man on 2nd -I feel all mangers are handling this wrong.  The way its been played -is the away team plays normally and tries to score as much as possible on the top half of the extra inning, and then if they fail to do so - the Home team will bunt the guy from 2nd over and win the game with any play that can advanced the guy home. 

But Im not sure the odds support this. because if you do not score that 1st run - you are going to lose.  

To me - it would make sense that even the visitor team should bunt.

If you do not get that 1st run - the odds are very high you will lose. So I think you need to play first for the tie, then for the win.  

3 chances to get 1 hit or lose

OR 

2 chances to get a hit or a scarifies and extend the game.