Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

14 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

KC and Miami are now only one win ahead of us in the race for 5th overall. That was quick.

Pirates are losing as many games as we are so 5th is probably as high as we go. 

Pittsburgh would have to get inexplicably hot for us to finish above 5th. I'm thinking 6 or 7. We won't finish worse than 10th. We also have to watch the Cubs and Rockies--who are also terrible.

33 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Pittsburgh would have to get inexplicably hot for us to finish above 5th. I'm thinking 6 or 7. We won't finish worse than 10th. We also have to watch the Cubs and Rockies--who are also terrible.

I’d be stunned if any teams in the league have a remaining record that is significantly worse than the Nats. We should be worst in the league the rest of the way +/- 3 games or so.

Turner will play a long time. The Nationals made a huge mistake in trading a future HOF SS or 2nd baseman…12 errors in comparison to Tattis’ 20? Averaging over 300 and slugging over 500? Can steal anytime he chooses, quite honestly, so that single is always a double against many pitchers. Why would any reasonable mind ever trade an asset like this? You pay him when the time is right. And I hope they will.