Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

2 hours ago, -JB- said:

I have been a fan since 2005.  I’m also not worrying about eeking out meaningless wins.  I won’t respond to anything else.  Heavy on the gate keeping, dude.  It’s not a good look.

I specifically said "I'm not gatekeeping, I'm wondering if you remember those teams." There are many fans who only became fans during 2012-19, which is fine, I have no problem with that.

Maybe get some thicker skin and try reading next time.

9 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

If he doesn't I will literally cry. 

That would be outrageous and a total slap in the face to the Nationals. 

Although Max Scherzer is no longer with the Nationals after his recent trade to the Los Angeles Dodgers, the All Star pitcher and his wife Erica are showing their thanks to the DC community by covering all adoption fees at the Humane Rescue Alliance from Wednesday, August 4, through Tuesday, August 10. 

The weeklong promotion comes at a critical time for the Rescue Alliance, because the group’s shelter and foster homes are currently at full capacity. “Through this gift, they are making it possible for more Washingtonians to expand their families,” Humane Rescue Alliance president and CEO Lisa LaFontaine said in a press release. “It is a fitting legacy of kindness, generosity and compassion.”

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Florgon79 said:

If he doesn't I will literally cry. 

Unless something astonishing happens in the next few years, the Hall would probably veto any team that's not the Nats or at least Detroit (doubt Max would choose Detroit).  Then again Nolan Ryan went in as a Ranger and he didn't play for them until he turned 42.

We might start to see the increase of logo less caps in the Hall due to increased movement in free agency.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

I specifically said "I'm not gatekeeping, I'm wondering if you remember those teams." There are many fans who only became fans during 2012-19, which is fine, I have no problem with that.

Maybe get some thicker skin and try reading next time.

That would be outrageous and a total slap in the face to the Nationals. 

I don’t care if you said “I’m not gatekeeping” LOL You never heard a liar say they aren’t lying before 🤣

48 minutes ago, -JB- said:

I don’t care if you said “I’m not gatekeeping” LOL You never heard a liar say they aren’t lying before 🤣

I'm not responsible for how you react to anything written. However, if you care to respond to my actual post and the points I made there, and have a discussion, feel free.

2 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

You know it's a massive overreaction when Chris Russell is the voice of reason...

Definitely right about the Russell part.  The adoration and appreciation that Max got here will be anything close to what he will get in LA.  Big difference between Nats fans and Dodgers fans.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SAli457180 said:

Definitely right about the Russell part.  The adoration and appreciation that Max got here will be anything close to what he will get in LA.  Big difference between Nats fans and Dodgers fans.

LA fans would throw Max in the Pacific right off Point Dume if he went through a rough spell.  They gave him love in his opening game after 10 strike outs. If they didn’t cheer like hell they suck as sport fans. 

On 7/31/2021 at 8:09 PM, bcl05 said:

Kieboom just does not look like a major leaguer.  I sure hope I'm wrong, but I'm not seeing a lot of room for optimism in his outlook.

I'd like to point out that basically from the second I posted these words of wisdom, Kieboom has been on an absolute tear and looks awesome.  You are welcome.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bcl05 said:

I'd like to point out that basically from the second I posted these words of wisdom, Kieboom has been on an absolute tear and looks awesome.  You are welcome.  

Now say something about Victor Robles...

• Haha 1