Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

I didn't realize this prior to the series with NYM. Also, sounds like Max is close & Stras, not so much.

Going into the first of two with the New York Mets yesterday, the Washington Nationals’ pitching staff, the club mentioned in their pregame notes, had “a 0.78 ERA (6 ER/69.0 IP) with 58 strikeouts, 15 walks, and a .176 opponents’ batting average [in] the [previous] eight games,” and, “according to the Elias Sports Bureau, this stretch of six earned runs in eight games [was] the best in Nationals’ history (2005-[present]), and [was] the best eight-game stretch in MLB this season.”

Of course, as just about everyone noted, it was also a stretch in which they only had Max Scherzer on the mound for 12 pitches (before he left his outing against the San Francisco Giants last Friday), and were without Stephen Strasburg, who’s been on the IL since early June with nerve issues in his back/neck.

https://www.federalbaseball.com/2021/6/20/22541601/washington-nationals-news-notes-davey-martinez-nats-pitching-max-scherzer-stephen-strasburg-more

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, zskins said:

The game today was a like a wild roller coaster. Grand slam by both teams. Just crazy fun though. 

Dave Jaegler said it was the 1st time in baseball history both teams had a Grand Slam and a 3-run homer.

Sweeping those jagoffs after all of Girardi's shenanigans is ever so sweet. There was a time many of us wanted that con-man as our manager...

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Did anyone hear Rizzo rip Girardi to shreds yesterday morning?

Rizzo is the goddamned man.

He’s such a master.  He called him a con-man.  “Oh, so you don’t like him?  No, I like him, I scouted him in high school.  I just know him.”  -  😂 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Its happening again isnt it...

Its absolutely happening. I don’t think this team has the bats to make another WS run, but we can absolutely be a pain in the ass in the playoffs and win a series or two. Most likely will fall short against one of the top teams. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Its absolutely happening. I don’t think this team has the bats to make another WS run, but we can absolutely be a pain in the ass in the playoffs and win a series or two. Most likely will fall short against one of the top teams. 

This.  Crushing the dreams of Mets and Phillies fans is what I’m here for this season.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

We don't have the bats...yet. The deadline is coming. With our pitching, we could absolutely pull a 2015 Mets and make a run. 

Imagine if everyone got healthy at the same time. I said going into the season that this had potential to be one of our best bullpens ever and I still believe that. 

• Like 2