Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Washington Nationals Thread: End of an Era


Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

Why can’t they schedule more games against Pittsburgh?

We still have Colorado, more Baltimore and PIttsburgh. More encouraging, though, is splitting with the SF and Tampa. We had a positive run differential against the Giants too, which is a good sign.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mammajamma said:

robles gets bases loaded twice and pops up short twice. ive supported him for a very long time, but its time to give up and find someone else to fill his spot

Thats a terrible idea. He's one of the best CFs in the game, giving up on him now would be incredibly short-sighted. 

 

Besides the whole team sucks with the bases loaded.

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Thats a terrible idea. He's one of the best CFs in the game, giving up on him now would be incredibly short-sighted. 

 

Besides the whole team sucks with the bases loaded.

best CFs in the game? maybe on defense, but he's been terrible on offense (both hitting and base running) for a long time. and i feel like ive had his back a lot longer than most people.. but he's a major liability in the lineup. he has a couple of good throws from CF every now and then, but is terrible at the plate every single game

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

best CFs in the game? maybe on defense, but he's been terrible on offense (both hitting and base running) for a long time. and i feel like ive had his back a lot longer than most people.. but he's a major liability in the lineup. he has a couple of good throws from CF every now and then, but is terrible at the plate every single game

He has a 94 OPS+, which is far from a "major liability." 

 

In 2019 he had a 92 OPS+, and was a 4.5 bWAR player. You don't throw that away, especially on a 24 year old with immense talent, who has less than 2 full seasons worth of games (295).

 

Who is better? Stevenson? 65 OPS+.

1 hour ago, CRobi21 said:

Davey and Jon Bernthal's love child (Espino) was great today. Matter of fact he's been great all year.

That's DC's own Jon Bernthal, who IS the ****ing Punisher!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

He has a 94 OPS+, which is far from a "major liability." 

 

In 2019 he had a 92 OPS+, and was a 4.5 bWAR player. You don't throw that away, especially on a 24 year old with immense talent, who has less than 2 full seasons worth of games (295).

 

Who is better? Stevenson? 65 OPS+.

That's DC's own Jon Bernthal, who IS the ****ing Punisher!

Yea, gotta stick with Robles considering how tremendous of a defensive CF he is.  He may never blossom into the bat we had hoped for but his defense is invaluable.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

just realized the rest of june is pretty much divisional games, most of which are teams ahead of us. picked a good time to get into a groove. would be nice to get our top 2 pitchers healthy soon

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mammajamma said:

just realized the rest of june is pretty much divisional games, most of which are teams ahead of us. picked a good time to get into a groove. would be nice to get our top 2 pitchers healthy soon

Cade Cavalli keeps pitching the way he has been completely dominating and we might not be far away from seeing him up as well.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, -JB- said:

Cade Cavalli keeps pitching the way he has been completely dominating and we might not be far away from seeing him up as well.

Cavalli has been insane. I cannot wait to see him up here! Cronin is the other. I've dubbed them C&C Whiff Factory (Everybody K Now!).

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Trea gets called out for running down the line, twice, once in a ****ing world series game.

 

And they can't that call right. Obvious turn toward 2nd base. Oh and it's not reviewable... Joke

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Riggo#44 changed the title to 2021 Washington Nationals Thread: End of an Era

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...