Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2020 Washington Nationals Thread ***WORLD SERIES CHAMPION***


Recommended Posts

Spring of fundamentals, and you don’t bunt there? We cannot fire Davey fast enough...

 

And 3 straight strikeouts after 2 on with nobody out. MAT has to bunt. Gomes has to bounce a ball to 2B and a run scores. Simple. Fundamental. But no, Davey goes with his ****ing gut and has MAT swing away, and then take a pitch down the ****ing middle of the plate. He has no feel for a game....

 

8th inning, time for the Padres to score 2 or more. And Barraclaugh pitching too. Time to add it the ridiculous way the team has been outscored in the 8th...

Edited by Popeman38
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CRobi21 said:

How has MAT not been traded for bullpen help? He's had so many chances. 

 

It's not gonna happen with him.

 

i'm not sure how much value he has now, we missed that boat to actually get something decent in return for him

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

 

i'm not sure how much value he has now, we missed that boat to actually get something decent in return for him

 

Post-2017 NLDS was the time. 

Edited by Bacon
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Soto/Robles/Kiebloom...the future is super bright.

 

This might sound crazy but if we can't resign Rendon by the deadline and we're well out of the playoff race(as in 5+ out)...do we try to trade him for a jackpot package? I'm not sure what we'd get but I could imagine a contender wanting to go all in giving up a lot for him. Try to build a team of superstar young guys that will contend by 2021.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Soto/Robles/Kiebloom...the future is super bright.

 

This might sound crazy but if we can't resign Rendon by the deadline and we're well out of the playoff race(as in 5+ out)...do we try to trade him for a jackpot package? I'm not sure what we'd get but I could imagine a contender wanting to go all in giving up a lot for him. Try to build a team of superstar young guys that will contend by 2021.

 

yes. it was bad enough letting Bryce walk for essentially nothing. can't do the same with Rendon

 

hopefully this will remain a hypothetical

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, StillUnknown said:

 

yes. it was bad enough letting Bryce walk for essentially nothing. can't do the same with Rendon

 

hopefully this will remain a hypothetical

But we wouldn't be letting him walk for nothing, that's the point. We'd be getting prospects back for him. Again, I'm talking only if some team blows us away with multiple top notch prospects. I wouldn't give him away for nothing.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

But we wouldn't be letting him walk for nothing, that's the point. We'd be getting prospects back for him. Again, I'm talking only if some team blows us away with multiple top notch prospects. I wouldn't give him away for nothing.

 

i agree, maybe i didnt make that clear.

 

if we're out, and they dont feel they can resign him, he has to be traded

Link to post
Share on other sites

We need to rebuild our entire pitching staff from the ground up. We need new coaches too. Just start over. 

 

Our core in the lineup is great, but our pitching is decrepit and overpriced. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

I'd trade Rendon for a massive haul to an AL playoff team and ask him to keep us in mind for next season when he's a FA. 

 

This would be the best case (and ideal) scenario. Snag two, maybe three, legit pitching prospects for him.

 

The problem will be ownership. Last year Rizzo saw the writing on the wall, had a Harper trade lined up and ready to pull the trigger, but got the no-vote. Team finished 82-80 and Harper walked for nothing.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

it was bad enough letting Bryce walk for essentially nothing.

 

I will say this about that.

 

The centerpiece of that trade has a 12.75 ERA at AA: http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?player_id=656266#/career/R/pitching/2019/ALL

Garrett Stubs has a .608 OPS in AAA: http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?player_id=596117#/career/R/hitting/2019/ALL

 

We basically would have traded him for Erick Fedde and Spencer Kieboom.

Edited by Riggo#44
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

I'd trade Rendon for a massive haul to an AL playoff team and ask him to keep us in mind for next season when he's a FA. 

 

If/when we're double-digits out by the deadline, sell everyone. Doolittle, Rendon, Dozier, Eaton, MAT...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...