Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

I was thinking 🤔 Trea Turner had a better season at the plate than Rendon.  So if he can replicate that sort of production in our lineup all we have to do is find a legit lead off bat (Not an easy task) and we can stay the course.  I’m happy that Stevenson was finally given a shot to play everyday because he has been obviously blocked by our depth the last two years.  I think he can produce.  Luis Garcia obviously has potential to be a #2 bat in the lineup (Castro as well if healthy).   I’d love to see Nats focus on bringing in a starting pitcher and add bullpen depth but not breaking bank for relievers.  Obviously would be nice to bring in a good bat to hit behind Soto in lineup but breaking bank for Realmuto doesn’t seem like solid option.  Especially with Gomes under contract for 2021 at 6 mill.  Ryan Zimmerman said he’s coming back but hard to rely on injury prone guys but I’d love to see Kendrick back for one more season as platoon guy but understand if he’s ready to retire.  Just don’t know what options there are to bring in to protect Soto that are feasible.  In Rizzo I trust.

On 10/19/2020 at 3:27 PM, Dan T. said:

Now that the two teams playing in the World Series are known, it's a good time to remind everyone that the current reigning World Series champion is STILL the Washington Nationals.  Enjoy that for a another week or so!

Still the only LEGITIMATE CHAMPION  since 2016

1 year ago today, we started the WS round against the astros. Wow. 

i remember watching game 1 at home, being so pumped that we won, and then game 2 i watched at a friends house, and that one inning we just brought out ALLLLLLL the runs. We thought: just two more wins, we can actually sweep them. Just win 2 out of 3 at home, easy. 

the atmosphere in DC that Friday was amazing. Everyone felt so good. Then games 3,4 and 5 happened. Oh boy.....but we went back to Houston and won! 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Thanks 1