Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Zimm has a newborn at home. He'd probably prefer to spend time with his kid then risk playing in a pandemic, especially with nothing really left to prove.

Honestly he should have retired on top as a World Champion.

I read also that his mother has multiple sclerosis, another high-risk factor.

Yeah, even for "Healthy" people who get this, there is not enough info out there on just how healthy you are once you recover. 

I mentioned before how I think I had it in February and just how sick it made me. Only recently have I started to actually feel like myself again (would notice how unusually out of breath I was while exercising).

An asterisk season plus not knowing how you'll fare if you get it probably means more opt outs are coming.

• Like 2

^^^ Was going to post that.  I go to Nats park often and sit with friends who have a partial plan with seats down the first base line.  Ian Desmond, before every home game, would spend about 20 minutes signing autographs on the rail below us.  He was there every game I went to. Kids would line up during warmups knowing Des would be there before he went back into the dugout.  That left an impression on me.

• Like 1

https://www.theactivetimes.com/featured/most-popular-mlb-teams-america/slide-49

Most Popular Major League Baseball Team in Every State, According to Ticket Sales

July 2, 2020 | 10:45am

By. Noah McGee
What team is your state watching?

This year, March came and went, but there was no baseball. No pitchers and catchers, no home runs and no Cracker Jacks. Even America’s pastime was halted by the coronavirus pandemic. But in June, Major League Baseball and the MLB Players Association reached an agreement to play ball. What team will all your neighbors be rooting for this (short) season? Here is the favorite baseball team in every state.  (click link for rest)

Shocker.  Just a matter of time before Nashville, Portland or Vegas Orioles.  Everyone loves a winner.

Maryland: Washington Nationals

image.png.b82cda86a67d91e1bbeae82f5c0229de.png

This one may sting like a pinch from an iconic blue crab. According to the ticket sales data, the favorite baseball team of people who live in Maryland is the Washington Nationals, not the Baltimore Orioles.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 7/3/2020 at 1:50 AM, Mr. Sinister said:

I still find that surprising though. The O's have been here a long time. It does feel like the reverse of Ravens-Skins, tho.

Most of the young baseball fans I know are Nats fans.

In both situations, one is a well-run recent World Champion who is in constant competition. The other is a dumpster fire, run by an idiot.

• Like 1