Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Nationals Thread: The Future is Near!

Riggo#44

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Chapman is a wife beating piece of ****.  

Nats are going to have their hands full, for sure.  

He's subhuman. The only thing I didn't like about the Cubs winning the WS was his involvement. 

I don't have anything but positive feelings towards the Astros. I straight up love Altuve. Great franchise built the right way. 

• Like 1

A lot of people thought we'd get swept in both series, and we beat the dodgers which were, in my mind, our worst matchup of any team with their lineup. But hey, here we are. So no need to get star stuck. It'll be tougher than STL obviously, but if our SPs can keep playing to their potential, I like our chances

3 minutes ago, Bacon said:

He's subhuman. The only thing I didn't like about the Cubs winning the WS was his involvement. 

I don't have anything but positive feelings towards the Astros. I straight up love Altuve. Great franchise built the right way. 

Yep.  Altuve taking Chapman deep to get to the Astros to the WS over the Yankees is ultimate good triumphing over evil.  They are a great team built the right way.  But if we're being consistent here, Osuna is in the same boat as Chapman.

Scherzer vs. Cole, Strasburg vs. Verlander...unbelievable matchups.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mammajamma said:

Each team used 7 pitchers tonight...

Do we even have 7 pitchers on our roster? 

11 vs 13 from the Yankees and 12 from the Astros. 

We're relying on our deeper bench to compensate for the frequent pitching changes. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bacon said:

11 vs 13 from the Yankees and 12 from the Astros. 

We're relying on our deeper bench to compensate for the frequent pitching changes. 

True, but we're screwed if we have to make frequent pitching changes.. need our starters to stay in as long as possible in both ballparks. But will be interesting to see how their SPs adjust when they play in our home games

4 minutes ago, mammajamma said:

True, but we're screwed if we have to make frequent pitching changes.. need our starters to stay in as long as possible in both ballparks. But will be interesting to see how their SPs adjust when they play in our home games

You do the best with what you've got. It all comes down to starting pitching for both teams in the end, and I trust our four over their four. We need to get deep into their bullpen in at least two games, which means working quickly and getting leads early like we did against the Cards. 

Obviously we're going nowhere if our starters can't get 6 innings consistently. 

Edited by Bacon
  • Like 1